Saturday, November 30, 2019

Hamilton Beach 51101AV Single Serve Personal Blender with Travel Lid, 14 oz, Matte Black

Hamilton Beach 51101AV Single Serve Personal Blender with Travel Lid, 14 oz, Matte Black

Hamilton Beach 51101AV Single Serve Personal Blender with Travel Lid, 14 oz, Matte Black

I've been using this for 8 years now and I'm on my second one. The first one cracked when I dropped it. My fault.

This Hamilton Beach blender is a great size for 1 smoothie, which is all I need since I am single and ready to mingle fruit and veggies together for a delicious breakfast.

PROS:
--Great price
--For a tiny little motor this thing lasts forever
--Durable (as long as you don't drop it from a tall counter)

CONS:
--The container is hard to clean. It's very difficult to reach the bottom because it doesn't come apart. Grime ends up collecting on the bottom and sides of the container because there's just no way to reach it. I tell myself it's fine because it's just spinach and strawberry remnants. Works for me, anyway.

I would recommend this for single smoothies.

I love it....for what I USE IT FOR. I just mix up protein powder, wheatgrass powder, SMALL bits of frozen fruit and almond milk and this works just fine.

I like I can drink right from the blender jar and it washes easily (I wash immediately after so stuff doesn't dry on the blades).

I live in an 1800's house and it has little counter space, so this is another reason I love it.

With that said, I have had many of these personal or mini blenders and they seem...disposable...after awhile.

Hamilton Beach has been my fav. It does say no bpa plastic in the cup, but the cup does get pitted after awhile. That's one of the reasons I got this blender, it has TWO cups, which should likely extend my use.

IF YOU DO DECIDE to get one of these mini blenders, I WOULD go with this one with TWO blending jars. It costs about the same and is great if there are two of you who like to make smoothies OR, if just you, when one jar gets too pitted, you have a spare!

IT DOES mix everything up just fine, but I wouldn't do any large pieces of frozen...anything. If you want a really powerful blender, I would go with a bigger one.

Edited review: I originally gave this blender a 2 Star review because it was my 2nd one and the jar cracked after a month of use for the specific purpose of making bulletproof coffee and regular dishwasher use. My bad, I guess I’d forgotten or possibly never read the user’s manual because it clearly shows an illustration showing to hand wash the jar and lid and there is an actual statement saying NOT for the use with hot beverages. I used my original one for a few years for making protein shakes and it worked great, the jar didn’t crack until a few weeks of using it for coffee. But it definitely does not work for hot liquids. Total user error. ;)

I remain a real fan of this blender. It makes smoothies better than other blenders, and at this price point it is truly a winner.

I recommend buying the option that comes with two blender cups. If it isn't available, wait it out. It is well worth the wait. If one blender cup ever fails, you have a back-up. And if you don't feel like washing the cup immediately after use, or if you need to make two smoothies at a time, you have a clean cup ready for use.

This blender is put to use nearly every day. It's usual victims include almond milk, a large handful of greens, cinnamon, almond butter, protein powder, and one large frozen banana. I may add an ice cube or two for thickening as needed. The motor and blade are powerful enough to turn this mixture into a smooth, thick drink.

Very happy.

Quick easy way to throw together a smoothie. You do have to hold the button down the whole time, but if it's just 20 seconds or so, it's no big deal. I make a banana smoothie on mornings when I play tennis and it's quick and easy! (1 average banana, 3-4 ounces milk [in my case, rice milk because of allergy], three ice cubes, a few drops of banana flavoring [to enhance], and a third of a teaspoon of sugar. Put in the blender and hold the button down 'til you hear no more ice cubes being cracked. Drink right out of the mixer!} I have a "real" blender, but this one is easier, quicker, and less to clean up afterwards.

Liked my own so much that I bought/sent my daughter one as a surprise gift.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • One touch blending: makes great smoothies and icy drinks
  • Stainless steel blades: ice-crushing power for smooth results
  • Blend and go: blend & drink from the 14 oz. Jar
  • Easy to clean: the jar and lid are dishwasher safe
  • Compact design: the petite size makes it the perfect blender for home, office, or travel
  • Peace of mind: BPA-free in food zones

Description

Our Recommendations to the Consumer: 1. Cut the recipe in half so as not to exceed the capacity. 2. If back to back cycles are required / needed allow more time to cool between cycles or run the unit with no jar to allow the unit to cool between cycles. Running with no load allows the motor to run at maximum speed and the motor fan pull ambient air across the motor to cool.



I wanted something that could make me a one person smoothie away from home and after looking at several of these types of blenders, comparing prices and reading the reviews, I settled for this one. I have been using it everyday for the last 3 weeks and it has met all my expectations, and more. I have a, Nutri-Blender(Bullet) at home that I am accustomed to using and one of my concern with the, Hamilton Blender was, if it would be able to blend all the fruits combined with things like; beets, ginger, carrot, and mainly the nuts. Well, it has been doing so successfully. Just remember that blenders were meant to be ran in short intervals of about 30 seconds, giving the motor a break, of at least 1-2 minutes, allowing it to cool off or it will definitely burnout, the Hamilton Blender is no different. If you use it correctly it will perform as expected.

I've been using this for a year and, although I rarely write reviews, I feel compelled to write one for this product. I am so impressed by the job this little blender does! No, it's not a Vitamix (which I love) but at a tiny fraction of both the cost and energy usage, it absolutely deserves 5 stars.

I use this primarily for smoothies and dressings and it does an excellent job. I often end up filling it right to the top and it blends the entire contents. Smoothies are well pureed and dressings stay fully emulsified.

As others have noted, it has a single speed that only engages when you are holding the button; I highly recommend pulsing on and off for effective blending and protecting the motor. I have used much bigger blenders that automatically go into pulse mode, probably to protect the motor.

It is extremely portable--I can easily take the whole set up anywhere, and it works well even on a small off-grid electric system. I would not attempt to put the container filled contents in a knapsack or other bag--I keep it upright, carrying it by hand or in the cup holder of my car.

Again, I am very very pleased with this item, highly recommend it, and would buy it again--but I don't have to for now since it's still going strong.

I really love this blender. My nutribullet died and I needed a temporary fix but honestly I love this thing so much I'm just going to keep using this right now. I use it for fresh veggies and frozen fruits also ice and it works beautifully for that plus it has my favorite part of the nutribullet, the cup detaches and you drink right from it!

➕I pulse the pulse button (off & on button motion) some ppl have recommended it so you don’t kill the tiny motor

➕YOU CAN NOT PUT ANY HOT LIQUIDS IN THIS BLENDER IT SAYS THAT REPEATEDLY IN THE USER MANUAL (it’s a plastic cup it can’t handle that kind of heat of course like most plastics it would eventually break or crack if you continuously put hot liquids in it people let’s think)

➕ it does crush ice and frozen fruits

➕super easy to clean I wasn’t sure how clean this blender would get since you can’t detach the blades but it definitely does get cleaned pretty well as long as you don’t let whatever you blended seat and dry up in the cup...add some water and dish detergent and let it soak for a few mins

➕for the price and the tiny motor that this thing has I’m surprised at how great this blender performs it took me less then 8 minutes to make my smoothies

All and all if you’re looking for something to cheap and good quality to make your quick smoothies or protein shakes then this might fit the bill for you it definitely does for me❗️

works well ordered more, everyone that see it like and wants one for them. it allows you to add more ice while blending and just take it and go right out to the door into the car no need to do anything mix and go or mix and drink right from cup.
have made mixed drinks, smoothies, powered drink mixes with water. made pancake mix in it as well with milk eggs oil pancake mix. poured right out of cup into fry pan perfect 10 pancakes. cleaned the cup before last one was still cooking. using blender 3 to 4 times a day now.
mother in law and sister in law each want one. even my co worker wants one now for his protein shakes.

p.s. - don't buy old model with stainless steal cup better with the clear cups.
also do not hold blender while mixing. just lock it before hitting button. holding the cup adds stress to blender gears.
wish the black came with 2 cups like the white. but my wife wants it black

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment