Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Bissell Zing Canister, 2156A Bagless Vacuum, Green

Bissell Zing Canister, 2156A Bagless Vacuum, Green

Bissell Zing Canister, 2156A Bagless Vacuum, Green

So our robot vacuum doesn't get into the corners (what?! A Round vacuum can't clean a corner??), also I can't exactly carry around a huge heavy vacuum- hence the robot in the first place.

Enter the Bissell Zing.
Despite some mixed reviews, I decided to go for it since it was So cheap, on Amazon, and a trusted brand. Our house is Primarily Hardwood with carpet in the bedrooms and stairs. Let me tell you, this thing is Amazing.

It's So lightweight, not even 10lbs; it wouldn't matter much anyway bc of the huge wheels on the canister base. I can just pull it along behind me, no problem.

Then there's the suction, I use it with 1 pole on and the focus/baseboard attachment on it. There's So much suction power, you can actually clean your hairbrushes with this vacuum cleaner. (My hair is nearly to my waist... so you can imagine)

And for the first time ever I feel confident cleaning the darn canister. Which of course the hubs is over the moon about. I mean it's like picking up a coffee mug and pressing a button, then the bottom falls out! why can't they all be that easy.
It would be cool if it came with some long plastic tweezers to grab up inside around the filter... I guess you can't have it all though can you.

So if you are needing a supplementary vacuum to get your corners, baseboards, walls, windows, fans, etc. and/or you have Primarily hard floors and/or you or someone in the household has an excessive length/amount of hair...

I would absolutely recommend this product to you.
:)

Ok so when I got it it was a little worried because of the size of the box. It was all there. Very easy to put together. Even comes with a few accessories. This little canister has very good suction. Works amazingly. It is made more for floors and indoor/ outdoor carpet. It does work on thicker carpet. However you can’t move handle back and forth like a normal vacuum on thicker carpet. If you don’t mind going one way with the vacuum and then switch directions. To if you are a hair shedder like I am it will collect it on the nozzle and you can pick it off without it getting all tangled inside the canister. So far I love this vacuum

Note: my house is very small with nothing BUT tight spaces. I have no plush carpets, no kids and no pets.

Over a few years, I went through one, then another of the Kenmore canister vacs. When the telescoping wand broke on the second one, I went looking and found the newest model: same complaints I had about the two I owned. I HATED those vacuum cleaners. Enough. Why not look at something smaller and cheaper? The Kenmore and the 'beater-bar' thingy were too heavy and large for me and the house anyway.

My husband laughed when I told him I bought a $49 vacuum cleaner. When it arrived, he named the two attachments, 'the Build-A-Bear attachments' since they looked like they went with a Doll's House. True, they're useless. But hilarious. So I bought brush and crevace tools on EZVacuum.com (uses Amazon check-out) after buying a couple here claiming to be 1 1/4 inch when they weren't. Read the reviews. I never attached the holder it comes with.

The vacuum is so small and light I pick it up by the handle and walk around without thinking. Pulling it behind me is fine too, nothing detaches. The suction is so good that the first time I turned it on I accidentally sucked up something I didn't mean to and had to extract it. The floor attachment is small enough to fit where I need it to. With the old, large vacuum I had to do the middle of the floors, then go back again after taking the floor attachment off - I couldn't do the corners or around and under furniture ect with it on!

As for the sound it makes, I always vacuum wearing earplugs so don't notice anything unusual there. The telescoping wand is fine for 5'6" me. My house is one floor, but this would be great with stairs. The cord and hose are a bit shorter than on the large vacuum cleaner, but not a problem. The ON button is located on the vacuum itself rather than at the end of the hose, which I like. If it breaks in a couple of years, so did the more expensive ones I owned, and I actually Like this one.

I’ve had the Bissell Zing bagged cleaner for about a few months. My last canister vacuum was a Hoover PortaPower that lasted about 20 years. This was a great vacuum but the plastic attachments have been breaking and the suction is declining so I decided to replace it. I have a multi-pet household and I live on the coast with a fair amount of sand filtering into the house on feet and in the wind. As with any appliance there are pros and cons to the Bissell Zing.
Pros:
1. Adjustable suction. I thought this would be a silly gimmick, but I find it useful. The lower settings allow me to vacuum light weight cat litter mats in place while the higher settings pick up spilled kibble easily.
2. On the lower settings, it’s not horribly loud. Even on the higher settings it’s a bit quieter than my old Hoover.
3. It’s easy to use and store. I like the retractable cord.
4. The wand is metal – nice and sturdy, and easily adjustable during use.
5. The vacuum head is easy to maneuver around hard floors.
6. The bag is a reasonable size that seems to last a couple of months (multi-pet and sand).
7. It has a couple of filters that I hope will extend the life of the motor. If my Hoover had these, I’d probably still be using that one.

Cons:

1. The vacuum head is a little thick to fit under my stove, etc.
2. The tool holder is useless as it catches on furniture and falls off.
3. The tool holder doesn’t matter anyway because the crevice tool/dusting brush is laughably stupid and less than useless. I can’t imagine that anyone who has ever used a vacuum designed that ridiculous thing. I bought a universal fit brush for less than $10 that does the trick. The upholstery tool is quite small too.
4. The plastic hose that attaches to the nice metal wand is a bit cheap. It does seem to me that it will last several years though.
5. The bags are expensive. I almost didn’t get this vacuum because of the bag price, but I think it’ll be a trade-off for the cleaning efficiency of the vacuum.

So in all, the pros outnumber the cons and the price is reasonable. Of course it was made in China so it’s cheaper than it need be. My biggest beef is with the stupid little bitty crevice/dusting tool. It’s too short and thick to actually get into any crevice and and you have to flip the brush around to use it. The brush is not only tiny and flimsy but at a 90 degree angle to the suction so that it would be awkward to use even if it were a good brush. Notice you will not find a picture of it anywhere. So here’s one I took. I ask you – what are you supposed to do with this thing? Overall, I'm fully expecting this to be a good vacuum for the money spent.

great Vaccum, does a very good Job. I vacuumed now all kinds of floor with it: wood, Laminate, tile, diffrent carpet types
sucction is awesome, get's the dirt gone.
cable retracts quick, the sucction control works great.
it has a total of 3 wheels on the bottom - 2 in the back and 1 swirl arround wheel in the front area, so it is very easy to maneuver
Yes you have to exchange the bags, but it is very easy to do.
I'm very happy with my new stylish purple vaccum for that bargain price.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Cyclonic action and powerful suction provide thorough cleaning. Plus, no more bags to buy or change ever
  • Multi-surface cleaning: Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch. Power Rating : 9 amps
  • DIRT cup filters and Post-Motor filter help capture more Fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and reusable
  • 15 feet of cord for great cleaning reach and retracts with the touch of a button for easy storage
  • Weighs less than eight pounds. Easy to maneuver with the integrated carrying handle

Description

The Bissell zing Bagless canister vacuum makes it easy to take powerful mess removal from one room in your home to another. It features cyclonic technology that provides powerful, continuous suction across both carpets and hard floors. The compact and lightweight design along with swivel steering make maneuvering around furniture and between rooms a snap. The easy empty dirt cup provides mess-free, bottom-tank emptying to keep dirt off of your hands. The included tools and telescopic wand let you clean those hard-to-reach areas of your home with ease. Variable Suction Control An adjustable knob that allows you to lower the level of suction on the vacuum for cleaning curtains, upholstery, small rugs or other above-floor surfaces



I have had this vacuum for a couple of weeks and so far I am really happy with it. I have all hard floors in my house (mostly wood). I have two young children and it seems like there are always crumbs and other messes on the floor. I had an upright vacuum and it seemed to just push the dirt and crumbs around the floor, so I was looking for something that was designed for hard floors rather than carpet. This fits the bill.

The suction in very powerful. I have had it get slightly jammed a few times when I vacuum up something too large, but it’s been easy to fix and get back to vacuuming.

This is my third bagless vacuum and it is the easiest to empty. I also like the retractable cord. I love that the canister is so lightweight and easy to carry when necessary. It rolls well across the floors, although I have occasionally pulled it over while vacuuming, which is a little annoying. But it doesn’t happy too often.

I have a few area rugs in my house. This does okay on them but not great. For me that’s not a deal breaker.

I have a bad back and have been using a heavy, pushy vacuum for years. When I saw this I thought my prayers were answered- and they were! It's light weight, versatile, and SUCKS. Oh boy, does it have a good sucker. I have hardwood floors and bought an extra brushy floor attachment, the best part is the heads can flex around corners so I can easily pick up the hose and put it anywhere! The old vacuum I'd have to switch between floor & hose mode constantly, this way I can just get everything at once! The best part? It's small, easy to clean, and it has a retractable cord. THE CORD RETRACTS <3

So far so good. Used it 3 times now, all hardwood floors, small apartment. Great suction, easy to use. Got all that dust in the window seals. All the dog hair (3 dogs). It is really great & compact, glad I took a chance on it. Lays flat for under sofa, entertain and dresser areas. Metal piece is a good 3ft tube is maybe another 3ft.

Edit too add info not in user guide.

This unit has a holder for the crevice tool on the back side of it. No holder for dust brush unless you were to put it in the part that holds the top filter. Also the holder for the floor tool is on back or one on the bottom to store it upright. Added photos to show this

What can I not say about this. I been using a electrolux xxx from 1949 that works great. But heavey no wheels it has sleds and shack out bag.

Now the zing seems to be the same amount of suction as my old one. A vac like this was made for bare floors or aera rugs that are flat. I would never use something like this on carpet to hard to push. Now if you were to buy a floor turbo tool yes it would be good on carpet.

I find my old tools work on it along with the new ones it came with. Cord a little short not bad just might need to unpplug and replug it some place else as you clean.It comes with a dust brush and crevice tool and the floor rug tool. I love the wand being one part that pulls out to differnt sizes.

Some say tools fall off the wand odd since electrolux used this desing for years. A tip on that is to twist them onto the wand this makes them fit thight. Sound wise not bad heck it is a vaccuum so there well be sound but it is not something you would have to cover your ears for it is about as lound as say a window ac unit.

I hope it holds up for years to come and keeps working like new. User guide is not much of a guide at all it is more just photos.

On that brush down for hardwood up for rugs.

I am compelled to write this review because I often find AMAZON reviews to be a bit telling...the faults are usually operator error. So here is a review from a semi-young chick who can operate a vacuum in 2019.

I really like this vacuum. I have owned probably six vacuums in the last ten years ranging from Dysons to large upright bissels. This one beats the Dysons and shark for suction power. I am very impressed. It is terrific for HARDWOOD or TILE floors. I DO NOT recommend for carpet. I do not have carpet, but I can see why those with carpets are having issues.

One major flaw is the length of the cord. I have a large house with many turns and rooms because it is old. It is a bit of a damper but I used an extension cord, and it did the trick.

Some people have complained about a lack of tight seal for the attachments. While there is no latch, I find that the times I have the most problems are when I stick it under something I should not have. <--- Keyword I, not Bissell, stuck it under something that was too low and caused the attachment to fall off.

It is also evident that Bissell did not make this vacuum for large jobs, although I planned and have used it for my whole 1200 sq feet and it is fine. It has a small canister, but I am not lazy enough where it becomes an issue.

So, there you have it. Take a risk on it; I felt it was well worth the 50 bucks. Do not buy if you have a significant amount of carpets, and you WILL be disappointed.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment