Friday, May 3, 2019

BLACK+DECKER HNV220BCZ26FF 7.2-Volt Compact Lithium Hand Vac 2Ah Kit - Chili Red - Cordless

BLACK+DECKER HNV220BCZ26FF 7.2-Volt Compact Lithium Hand Vac 2Ah Kit - Chili Red - Cordless

BLACK+DECKER HNV220BCZ26FF 7.2-Volt Compact Lithium Hand Vac 2Ah Kit - Chili Red - Cordless

Okay, so I got this to vacuum up rainbow sprinkles in my car (I dropped my ice cream and was DEVASTATED). I still haven't gotten around to vacuuming the sprinkles (they're kind of ground-in now), but I did use it to vacuum all of the spiders from my basement and porches - it doesn't kill them and I let them all go in the yard after. To be honest, it was kind of horrifying to have like 30 spiders pour out of a hand vac at once (which I hadn't considered during the planning stages), but they seemed happy enough and scattered to the four corners of the yard. Godspeed, little arachnids.

I really love this little thing; but, I will also acknowledge that it has some drawbacks. First, I agree with many of the other reviewers about how inconvenient the exhaust port's placement is. It wasn't as much of a problem as I've seen most people complaining it is; for the most part, I've been able to use the vaccuum with no problem; but, when you are trying to get sand or dust out of a small space, that exhaust port WILL blow it all around. Also, the suction is weaker tha. I was hoping for. Again, hasn't been a huge problem; but, there are times where it has struggled. I'm not too crazy about having to hold the button down throughout use; but again, this isn't really a MAJOR issue. I primarily use this to clean up messes my kids leave in my car; and, for that purpose, this vacuum has been fantastic. It picks up sand, dirt, crumbs; and, any other small mess. It gets tricky when the debris you are trying to pick up gets bigger. It HAS, as I said, struggled to pick up coins, small pieces of plastic, etc.

All in all, it's a good little vaccuum. If you're looking for powerful suction, I'd keep looking; but, for anyone looking for a small car vacuum; or, just needing something to tidy up a bit, this vacuum is great.

I have owned many hand-held vacuums such as this (ad many from Black+Decker), and they don't last more than a few years before the batteries go dead. Sadly, the do not have replacement batteries that can easily be installed by a user (if at all), or cost the same as a new unit so why bother? So I seldom judge these based on their batteries. I also have a "real" vacuum for bigger jobs. What I want here is something that will pick up small spills, dust bunnies, dust, and other small jobs.

This works very well in that case. It seems to have quite a bit of suction and so far, has worked perfectly on cleaning up small jobs such as spills in the kitchen (rice) and sheet rock dust from adding a new towel bar. And it is priced very competitively as well.

I have also seen a few complaints about these types of vacuums having only a push and hold "ON" button. This is not a problem actually, as you seldom if ever use this in an always on mode. The button is placed on the handle in a natural place for your thumb while holding the unit. It is easy to press and allows it to be turned on only when needed.

I also liked the small "docking" stand for the wall which mounted quickly to the wall with two included screws (and molly bolts if needed.) The charger is a small "wall wart" that does not take up too much space and is permanently attached to the dock. I like this, it does not get lost if moved. Since this is always left docked on the stand when not in use, so I do not care if it has a charge light or not. It will be charged when ready for use. And LiOn batteries are not damaged by constant charging, so this will not shorten their life.

The only down-side for me is the docking stand size. The unit comes with two small attachments, one for tight areas and one with a small brush. But there is not storage space on the stand (like previous similar models) so these will be lost quickly. Given the overall size of the unit (it is a bit deeper than previous units as well) a stand to hold these attachments would have taken up no additional space.

But over all, I am impressed so far. I also liked that it was available in a choice of colors. Made it less boring as well. Now, only time will tell if the batteries last as long as my last unit, which survived almost two year.

Because this item was twenty bucks, it is getting 4 stars. If it were a more expensive item...like, annnyyy more expensive, it would be rater lower.
It does a fine job cleaning up quick messes, such as my cat getting his food all over the floor. It also is great for a quick, half-hearted carpet vaccum of a small space.
I purchased this to pick up cat hair, and it does not do a fantastic job at this. I've tried the different attachments for this purpose, and neither seem to do a great job.
Don't get me wrong, it does pick up some of the hair. Maybe half.
According to the seller, you are to leave it on the charger indefinetly. As far as I am aware, that means that the battery life will be shortened and won't hold a charge as long as it should. Because I only use it for a few minutes tops at a time, I am fine with leaving it on the charger, but this is not an ideal practice. There is no way to know when it is fully charged, anyway.
It was twenty bucks, folks. I can't be mad at it, especially since it is a great product to clean up quick messes.

I feel so silly for not purchasing this sooner!!! I have two toddlers that throw crumbs and food everywhere at every meal time. It was such a pain having to pull out the big vaccuum after every meal time because my toddlers would always get in the way or try to play with the cord so I just needed something small and cordless that would pick up the crumbs quickly and this does exactly what it was intended to!!! The suction power isn't as strong as my $140 shark vaccuum but I wasn't expecting that for only $27! I feel like the people that gave this vacuum bad ratings expected it to vacuum an entire living room or something. PERFECT for small pick ups especially if you have messy toddlers!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Designed for quick + easy cordless cleaning
  • Ideal for quick clean ups and spills
  • Lightweight + portable design makes this easy to use
  • Included charging wall mount and base allows for 1 step charging and storage
  • The translucent, bagless dirt bowl makes it easy to see the dirt level and is easy to empty
  • Included brush lets you use the vacuum for dusting + on upholstery

Description

For cordless cleaning, this easy-to-use and easy-to-clean cordless vacuum kit gets it done. The kit includes a crevice tool and upholstery brush for all your pick-ups. And everything stores out of the way on the wall-mount charging station.



This is my new little buddy. It's so useful around the house for all kinds of jobs, things like getting cobwebs off the walls/ceiling, getting dust off baseboards, and vacuuming the stairs. Plus, it's great to use in the car. I also discovered a really handy use for this is while camping, for getting dirt and leaves out of the tent, instead of using a little broom and dustpan, why didn't I think of that before! Docking one star because detaching the handle from the body (to empty the contents in the trash) is not easy, it takes some prying, not sure if I got a defective one or not.

Forgot how much I missed my old dustbuster. This one seems to have more power than my last one as it even works on the carpeting in my car and in the house. This one even has 2 attachments, brush and narrow nozzle. The only suggestion I have for B&D is they should add some notches or clips to the charging base for the attachements.

As many other reviewers have stated, the design of this product is questionable, with air blowing out of the bottom that can blow around whatever you’re trying to vacuum up. That being said, this works perfectly well for my desired use—cleaning up cat litter that gets spilled or tracked out of the litter box. I was glad that I read the answered questions section for this product because a number of people commented on how that’s exactly what they use it for and it works fine—that’s what convinced me to actually purchase it despite reading some not so great reviews. It provides a quick and easy way to clean up small messes without lugging out the large vacuum. And obviously the denser the material you’d like to vacuum up is, the less it’s going to get blown around. For example, cat litter doesn’t get blown around too badly but when I used it to clean up spilled coffee grounds, they blew everywhere and it took awhile.

Ok, so I get it... we all looked at this one BC it is cheap. This vacuum works well... one gripe that is kind a of ruining it for me though. If you are reassembling it after dumping the dirt there is a propensity to miss the little latch/nugget underneath. The top still latches. Everything looks good until you have started using it again, fill it a 1/4 way with dust/dirt then the bucket falls off dumping your dirt everywhere. Maybe user error but I know this and still have dumped it a couple times. I like to move fast when working on projects and tools should be designed to eliminate the possibility of causing more work. (Make the latch nugget underneath bigger, easier to hit, or so that the bucket does not close/latch if you have not locked the bottom in completely.)

Otherwise, great little tool for the price. We are using it in our camp van and I have been building so lots of saw dust... doing decent job.

I purchased this to pick up litter that my cats track out of their litter box. This works well. I also use it as a dust pan when i sweep. I find myself using it more and more to avoid breaking out the heavier vacs for small jobs around the home. It is more powerful than the old first generation dust buster that my parents had. I would recommend this to a friend.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment