Monday, May 6, 2019

DecorArts - Almond Blossom Tree, by Vincent Van Gogh. The Classic Arts Reproduction. Giclee Print On Canvas, Stretched Canvas Gallery Wrapped. 20x16"

DecorArts - Almond Blossom Tree, by Vincent Van Gogh. The Classic Arts Reproduction. Giclee Print On Canvas, Stretched Canvas Gallery Wrapped. 20x16"

DecorArts - Almond Blossom Tree, by Vincent Van Gogh. The Classic Arts Reproduction. Giclee Print On Canvas, Stretched Canvas Gallery Wrapped. 20x16

The colors are a little more intense/vibrant than the original painting, but not objectionably so. At least not in my opinion, so I didn't deduct stars for this fact. And the intense color is really the only thing I could knock about this painting. It's not an 'interpretation' or reproduction attempt by a contemporary artist. It appears to be a very accurate print (giclee) of the original painting on canvas. It's not 3D...no attempt to create the appearance of brush marks or the ridges associated with an original oil painting...but it's not a flat print either.
An advantage of writing this review is that I took the time to look up information on giclee printing (pronounced zhee-clay) and it's a fascinating process.
I've read the 1 and 2 star reviews of this product and I'm puzzled. Their reviews are not indicative of my experience. I'm wondering, did they just get a lemon that they should return for replacement (unlikely since giclee prints are produced 1 at a time and therefore should always be of high-fidelity and quality) or did they get their review attached to the wrong product?
I don't know the answer, but I can say that my experience was much better. It's not as 'moving' as looking at the original, but then I suspect that nothing short of the original could evoke the same experience.

Normally I don't review on pictures but I have to say that this particular replica was not bad at all. I wasn't sure what to expect but when I opened this up but I was pleasantly surprised!
The great thing about this picture as you can see the vibrancy of the brushstrokes in the colors. If I could buy the real thing I would but since I don't have millions of dollars I have to say that this was a really good substitute for my budget. I think if you like Van Goghs paintings, maybe you might want to give this a try I think you'll be happy with its quality.

I am very happy with this purchase. It was very well wrapped and came with gloves for handling. The picture looks 3-dimensional. I actually ran my hand over it because it looked like thick paint strokes. It came ready for hanging with a finished back and an attached hanger. This is definitely a quality item for the price.

I have loved this painting for many years and I am certain it is responsible for my love of actual sunflowers. Writing that, however, I have never owned a reproduction of it even though I have a couple other Van Gogh's adorning my walls.
The colors on this canvas reproduction appear to be spot on to the original which was my greatest concern when considering the purchase. The stretchers and canvas appear to be well made and a pair of cotton(?) gloves are even included in order to maintain not marring the painting while handling it.
I won't hesitate purchasing from Décor Arts in the future.

Colors were vibrant and the picture looked exactly as advertised! The green and red popped out and I am thrilled with the purchase!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Van Gogh's Blossoming Almond Tree, also referred to as Almond Tree, represents much of what Vincent often thought about: rebirth. Trees blooming and flowering announces the beginning of spring and new life. As a gift to celebrate the birth of a child, this could not be more perfect.
  • Made in USA: real handcrafted canvas prints produced and hand-stretched in California. UV-resistant colors. Real wood frame(Non-MDF)& Solvent-free Ink: odorless and can be used by someone with allergies and in kids' rooms.
  • For giclee printing, the canvas used to actually print the final piece must be of archival quality. it is acid free and consists of a 100% cotton base. Museum-quality pieces printed, non-fading vibrant, saturated colors for up to 80-100 years.
  • Real wood frame(Non-MDF)& Solvent-free Ink: odorless and can be used by someone with allergies and in kids' rooms. Diameter size: 20X16", Standard Depth: 11/16"
  • Brand Quality: production from one of the world's leading wall decor manufacturers, DecorArts a registered Trademark. Made in the USA.

Description

Almond Blossoms is from a group of several paintings produced in 1888 and 1890 by Vincent Van Gogh in Arles and Saint-Remy (Southern France of blossoming almond trees).

Flowering trees were special to Van Gogh. The trees represented awakening and hope to him. He enjoyed them aesthetically, and found joy in painting flowering trees.

The work reflectws Impressionist, Divisionist, and the Japanese woodcut influences.



I purchased three different oil reproductions this month. Two by E.Hopper and this the Night Cafe by Vincent Van Gough.
I was overwhelmed by the beauty of this painting. The strong and vibrant colors, in particular the golds and reds
are breathtaking. The sense of light and depth is so realistic this painting seems alive; like the Night Cafe is really just
over there on the other side of the room. The detail is magnificent without seeming to be there at all. The frame is perfect and although I have not hung it on the wall yet, it came with its own hardware. The packaging was solid protective and tight. Before the painting arrived I was second guessing myself about spending so much money on wall art. Not anymore. This will bring smiles to any one who sees it as well as a unique conversation point in my living room

The quality of the piece is really quite good. Strong colors, nice texture. The only issue we have with it is that when it arrived the canvas had been molded around the support piece in the middle of the frame and you can see the indent of the whole thing across the middle of the canvas. It's more noticeable in bright lighting and it's just in my son's room so we will live with it.

Stunning! I was so pleased when I opened the package and saw the art. The colors are really clear and bright, and the canvas really adds a nice dimension to the art.
The image is very detailed. No fuzzy lines anywhere on the canvas.
The even included a tiny level, pair of gloves, and hanger!

I highly recommend this seller (I don't know them or have anything to do with them) and plan on purchasing more canvas art from them.

I bought this artwork to enhance my yellow and turquoise accessory pieces in my living room. I have a small apartment so the 16 x 20 size is just right for the size of my living room. The colors are vibrant with a theme that is so different from the usual floral and landscape depictions that are usually seen in living rooms.

I love the picture. Was a little bummed when it arrived and the box was really damaged. The picture was cracked and bent a little but I hung it and it is fine. Picture is very nice, worth the money. But not a big expensive looking piece but perfect for my den, looks very nice. I would buy it again.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment