Sunday, May 26, 2019

Pyrex Decorated Glass Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA Free, Eat My Words)

Pyrex Decorated Glass Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA Free, Eat My Words)

Pyrex Decorated Glass Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA Free, Eat My Words)

Wanting to move away from plastic storage, I have purchased multiple sets of these pyrex storage sets and used them exclusively for the last few years. Huge pros are that you can microwave them (though leave the lids off), freeze them, they are easy to see the contents in the fridge so leftovers don't get lost (I use removable painter's tape to label them as well) and I think they look nice enough to set on the table for an evening's dinner. In fact, I will frequently serve them in the storage container, and then cover and put in the fridge. Over the year's some of the lids have gotten a little warped, or ripped. Not unexpected with the amount of use they get. I was pleasantly surprised to see for a very reaonable price, you can purchase replacement lids directly through Pyrex.

This particular order is a nice set with multiple sizes. I gave one set to my mother-in-law for Christmas, and she used them all that same day to store the leftovers from her Christmas dinner!

My mess of takeout containers and random plastic ware is no more. I have this lovely set, and I am never going back to plastic! These look nice in the fridge or freezer, are stackable, I can see the food stored inside, they reheat great and are pleasant to eat out of straight from the container. I do not microwave the lids, as my beastly microwave warps things.
I would not say the lids are totally 'leakproof'? For my fridge and food storage needs, they are perfect, but if you are looking for a container to pop into a bag to take for your lunch? These may not be the best choice as they could seep a bit.
I have stacked them in a cooler for taking to a tailgate and had no problems with any leaking but they were stored pretty level the whole time.
I like these enough that I would give this set as a gift to someone for a wedding or housewarming!

My wife believes one can never have enough boxes and storage bowls so I bought this 10-piece storage set for her.
PROS:
1. Variety of sizes ensure that none of your storage needs are pending - from finely cut vegetables to grains and pulses - everything can fit.
2. Two different shapes (round and rectangular) help store and carry food appropriately.
3. Since the bowls are made of glass, no plastic related health concerns.
4. Microwaveable and dishwasher safe (top rack for the covers).
5. The plastic covers seal the bowls well, I've never had anything leak out.
6. Easy maintenance as the bowls and the covers appear sturdy.
7. Solid build (at any given time, at least 4 of the bowls are in use, no cuts or scrapes anywhere yet and they've held well even after fairly rough continued use).

CONS:
None, except that since this is glass, it may tend to be a little heavier to carry (although I don't find the weight all that much).

I've been slowing transition from plastic food containers to glass ones. I've tried several other brands, but I always seem to go back to Pyrex. I really like the variety of sizes and shapes that I get in a bundle. The smaller circles and rectangle containers are great for lunches (circle for more liquids, pastas, and certain rice based dishes). I never have to worry about the glass being stained when heating up my lunch. They are also very east to clean and are dishwasher friendly. The only thing I wish this set has were smaller containers for things like dressings/dipping sauce. I still have to use my plastic ones until I can find a glass replacement, but since those are usually heated up it isn't a problem for now. Overall, I recommend these for anyone looking for good sturdy glass containers. The ones on here are also much cheaper than what you typically find in store.

Moving away from plastic containers can be spendy, but this affordable set helped us transition. The glass is thick and durable. The lids fit tightly and have no problem with the dishwasher on the top rack.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Whimsical solution for storing, entertaining or gifting
  • Durable high-quality tempered glass
  • Easily nests and stacks with other Pyrex storage
  • Secure lid for taking food on-the-go
  • Container resists stains and does not absorb food odors or flavors
  • Container is dishwasher, freezer and microwave Safe
  • Bpa-free plastic lid is top-rack dishwasher, freezer and microwave Safe
  • Made in the U. S.
  • 2-Year limited on glass container and plastic lid

Description

Perfect for storing leftovers or taking lunch to work, these durable glass storage containers have tight-fitting lids to keep food fresh. The whimsical wordplay will bring a smile to your face every time you see them. Durable, pure Pyrex glass stands up to the microwave and dishwasher use after use.



These various sized Pyrex bowls and lids are my favorite kind of containers. I have transitioned to all-glass containers now for a while, and these fit just what I need. Pyrex has a few sizes and they fit inside each other and stack. I'm not super thrilled with the weird lid colors, but it was a great deal, so I don't care. :) These last forever, can be used in the oven, go in the dishwasher and can be used in the freezer. So versatile and useful for freezing/storing leftovers or taking lunches to work. Love them!

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews on products that I love and hearing feedback, since I base many of my personal purchases off of the reviews of others as well. I also feel that honest and helpful reviews provide insight to the company.

Great assortment of sizes. Love that the covers are different colors as it makes it easier to pick out from the cabinet. This is my 2nd set and the first set had all navy colors and its hard to match when they are all the same.

I am slowly tossing all my plastic storage containers and replacing with glass because I am concerned at the long term exposure of plastic against food on my children's health. Especially when keeping acidic things like tomato sauce or pineapple.

Solid, dependable Pyrex, quality and heft. Highly recommended

I enjoy these glass containers very much. I personally like glass containers more than plastic, as plastic ones can get permanent stains from food being left in them for too long. The glass pieces are easy to clean, especially in a dishwasher.

I would, however, recommend that the plastic lids be washed by hand. Though the instructions say they are dishwasher safe, I did have an issue with one of the lids becoming warped due to the heat from the dishwasher. Although, for the price, these containers are not a bad deal.

Also, I recommend that customers be aware of the desired sizes that they are looking for. These containers are wonderful for packing lunches (I’ve had no spillage issues yet), and are very useful for storing small amounts of leftovers. However, they will not hold extremely large amounts of food. If you are looking for containers that will hold smaller portions of food, then these will work well.

I guess over the years we have broken a lot of our Pyrex bowls, and my wife started to complain that we didn't have enough to store leftovers/lunch foods. I ordered this package of assorted containers of various sizes and it was perfect for our needs. The set comes with enough variety of sizes that it can package up large or small portions in easily microwaveable bowls that are pretty good at not leaking, too. The lids seal up pretty tightly, so even if they get tipped on their sides, they don't often leak. I like these Pyrex product a lot, as they are very practical and easy to reheat with.

Fantastic! I recently decided to switch out all of my plastic containers for glass storage. I read tons of reviewed and even tried a few brands. Pyrex far and away beats the other companies. The containers are made of thick durable glass and the lids are deceptively secure. I'm so glad invested in this set. I'm actually going to purchase a second set. If I had to pick one fault I would say that the long square ones aren't super tall so it's hard to use it for storage unless it's something specific like brownies or something rather flat, if that makes sense. If you're thinking about these or thinking about switching to glass storage, Do IT!!! Everything tastes better eating from glass, no stains, no retained smell, nothing.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment