Monday, July 8, 2019

Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops, 0.34 fl oz (10 ml)

Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops, 0.34 fl oz (10 ml)

Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops, 0.34 fl oz (10 ml)

My eye doctor recommends this active ingredient over any prescription eye drop. It helps keep allergies under control and is fairly comfortable to use (just a slight sting when my eyes are already irritated). It helps with my dust and cat allergies, and also my husband's seasonal pollen and tree allergies. The only downside is you can't use it with contacts in.

My doctor recommended Alaway for my eye allergies. I was taking other allergy specific over-the-counter drops, and while they worked great for instance relieve, I wondered how bad they were for my eyes.

These are supposed to be better for your eyes compared to the active ingredients in other allergy drops.

They do sting a little bit at first, and the relief isn’t instant, but the health of my eyes is most important.

This stuff saved me from getting shots. I recently found out I was allergic to my pets. My eyes itch and hurt. I tried many different brands and various consistency's of eye drops. Nothing helped or the relief was temporary. I did a lot of research and read the reviews on Amazon. I decided to try several kinds and these worked better than anything. Its not 100% relief but I would say its about 80% better. It stings a bit at first but then the relief comes and I feel better. I just ordered more.

I've been struggling to figure out why my eyes are so dry and I think allergies are part of the problem. This is a great drop with the same ingredients of other more expensive drops. It helps when my allergies kick in, but I wish it helped moisturize a little better.

I had to use 3 drops in each eye to get the itching to stop, but now my eyes haven't itched since last night. I had it really bad with constant itching and even some crusting up in the morning from severe allergies but this product has helped and seemed to be a reasonable price too.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Itch relief within minutes
  • Original prescription strength
  • Up to 12 hours relief
  • Single 0.34 Ounce Bottle

Description

Bausch and Lomb Logo

Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops

When allergies make your eyes itch, don't suffer waiting for your allergy pills to work. Created by the eye health experts at Bausch + Lomb, Alaway is clinically tested to relieve the eye itch that allergy patients suffer from. Alaway eye drops provide:

34 oz. package
34 oz. package
view larger
  • Allergy eye itch relief in 3 minutes
  • Up to 12 hours of relief, right where you need it
  • Original prescription strength
  • For ages 3 and older
  • 60 Day Supply
Uses

For the temporary relief of itchy eyes due to ragweed, pollen, grass, animal hair and dander.

Do not use:
  • If you are sensitive to any ingredient in this product
  • If solution changes color or becomes cloudy
  • To treat contact lens-related irritation
When using this product:
  • Remove contact lenses before use
  • Wait at least 10 minutes before re-inserting contact lenses after use
  • To avoid contamination, do not touch the tip of container to any surface
  • Replace cap after each use
Stop using Alaway and ask a doctor if you experience any of the following:
  • Eye pain
  • Changes in vision
  • Redness of the eyes
  • Itching that worsens or lasts for more than 72 hours

Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions

For children 3 years and older: Put 1 drop in the affected eye(s) twice daily, every 8-12 hours, no more than twice per day.

For children under 3 years of age: Consult a doctor.

Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops Drug Facts
Active Ingredient Purpose
Ketotifen 0.025 (equivalent to ketotifen fumarate 0.035%) Antihistamine
Other Information

Store Alaway at 4°C-25°C (39°F-77°F).

Inactive Ingredients

Benzalkonium chloride (0.01%), glycerin, sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid and water for injection.



After my two childhood cats moved in with me into my small apartment, I CONSTANTLY got their hair in my eyes. I’m allergic to cats, so the second that would happen my eyes would turn beat red and itch like CRAZY. It was so bothersome it would keep me from falling asleep. This stuff works AMAZING. The second I feel a little fur or itch in my eyes I just put one drop in and in less than 30 seconds I’m all back to normal. No more itching. I’ll definitly be buying this stuff again.

I have intermittent itchy eyes from seasonal allergies, or related to dander from one of my cats. The feeling is so intense I want to rub or scratch my eyes until red and swollen. I discovered Alaway a few years ago, and it takes my itchiness away within 2-3 minutes.
A side effect is a slight stinging sensation 1-4 minutes after application. This is tolerable IMO compared to the intense itching felt from seasonal allergies.

I have been using Alaway for several years and it is the best over-the-counter allergy eye drops in my opinion. Alaway and Zaditor have the same formulation and both work well. Generally, I find Alaway to be cheaper. I have dry eye and eye allergies, mostly tree allergies. When I am not being bothered by allergies, I use Systame Ultra, but when the allergies kick up, I switch to Alaway or alternate them. I am able to control my symptoms without resorting to more expensive prescription medications. My optometrist indicates the active ingredient in Alaway is preferable to other drops that contain naphazoline and/or pheneramine compounds.

These eyedrops are one of the only antihistamine eyedrops that I can consistently find in stores. They work well for their purpose.

If I touch a cat (and some dogs) and then my face, I get extremely itchy eyes that I must rub uncontrollably until they are numb. Unless I have these drops handy. One drop in each eye is enough for complete relief, and takes away the redness. I got one for my purse and one to leave at home.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment