Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops, 0.68 fl oz (Pack of 1)

Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops, 0.68 fl oz (Pack of 1)

Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops, 0.68 fl oz (Pack of 1)

I thought I had dry eyes. They felt dry and sometimes itchy, usually by early evening. I tried a few different lubricating drops and they all give me an unpleasant reaction. My eyes release some goop that I need to wipe off, then they become way more dry and sticky than before I put the drops in. They downright hurt with a scratchy feeling for about 10 minutes. Alaway works great. I did not think I had an allergy problem but the artificial tear type drops don't work for me at all. One drop of Alaway in the evening and my eyes feel great for the rest of the night.

Love these eye drops! I use them every day! In the beginning my eyes were SUPER enflamed from allergies. And the first time i put drops in, it kinda burned. Not really bad, but it wasn't just like a regular eye drop. The longer i used them, the better my eyes got, and it didnt burn as much. I still use them daily, but my eyes feel a thousand times better! I no longer itch my eyes or have watery eyes, i can wear my mascara again! When my eyes are not inflamed, the drops do not burn at all.

I'm a glutton for punishment, in that I have severe allergies to basically the world and also have a crazy little dog at home that just worsens all of my sneezing and itchy eyes. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night just to scratch away at my tear ducts because they're so itchy from my dog's butt pressed up against my head. I recently got lasik and my night time eye-scratching actually became something of great concern. I spoke to my optometrist and while she did recommend prescription eye-drops, I didn't want to deal with the hassle of getting it filled and waiting in line to get them so I opted for this since it was her second choice.

I've been using these for about 6 months now, 1 drop in each eye in the morning and night (sometimes a few in between) and they've been working wonderfully. I still do get itchy eyes but not as badly as I did before. I'd previously been addicted to Alcon Naphcon-A Allergy Relief Eye Drops but found that I was using the drops almost every hour with only temporary relief. The Alaway drops have worked significantly better and I find that their availability is a lot higher if I run out and need to grab some from CVS.

For those wondering, I found that they do sting when I put them in my eyes but I'm also one of those weird gals who relishes in the stingyness... I justify it by thinking 'it stings because it works!'. Thought I'd mention it either way though.

I have really bad eye allergies and these are the only eye drops that help! My eye doctor recommended that I try this brand after I told him I didn't want to continue to pay for prescription eye drops. He said that these work just as good (if not better) than the prescription eye drops I was taking. I carry these eye drops with me everywhere I go! They burn a little at first when you put them in but I was told that is the anti-inflammatory working its magic! I would give these eye drops 10 stars if I could!

I have cats, I'm allergic to cats. I don't have problems till I'm tired and rub my eyes a lot, then they get irritated, constantly water, keep feeling like something is in them so I keep wiping them out and rubbing them then the inner lining over my lower eyelid and eyeball ball will fill with fluid when it's really bad. This no longer happens to me, when the rubbing and allergy stuff starts I put these drops in and wash my hands and it cuts it off before it can even begin to get bad, life saver. I've talked to my Dr about prescription eye drops and he said insurance doesn't cover them and they're stupid expensive, no worries, these drops are great. I've tried many other allergy drops at the drug store and none handle the allergic reaction this well, these do nothing for redness or appearance, they are a straight forward allergy eye drop.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Sold as "1 pack i.e. 0.68 fl oz", each pack contains 2 * 0.34 fl oz Bottle
  • Works in minutes
  • Up to 12 hours of relief
  • Contains ketotifen fumarate

Description

Bausch and Lomb Logo

Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops 2 Pack

When allergies make your eyes itch, don't suffer waiting for your allergy pills to work. Created by the eye health experts at Bausch + Lomb, Alaway is clinically tested to relieve the eye itch that allergy patients suffer from. Alaway eye drops provide:

Two 10 mL bottles
Two 10 mL bottles
view larger
  • Allergy eye itch relief in 3 minutes
  • Up to 12 hours of relief, right where you need it
  • Original prescription strength
  • 60 Day Supply
  • For ages 3 and older
Uses

For the temporary relief of itchy eyes due to ragweed, pollen, grass, animal hair and dander.

Do not use:
  • If you are sensitive to any ingredient in this product
  • If solution changes color or becomes cloudy
  • To treat contact lens-related irritation
When using this product:
  • Remove contact lenses before use
  • Wait at least 10 minutes before re-inserting contact lenses after use
  • To avoid contamination, do not touch the tip of container to any surface
  • Replace cap after each use
Stop using Alaway and ask a doctor if you experience any of the following:
  • Eye pain
  • Changes in vision
  • Redness of the eyes
  • Itching that worsens or lasts for more than 72 hours

Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions

For children 3 years and older: Put 1 drop in the affected eye(s) twice daily, every 8-12 hours, no more than twice per day.

For children under 3 years of age: Consult a doctor.

Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops Drug Facts
Active Ingredient Purpose
Ketotifen 0.025 (equivalent to ketotifen fumarate 0.035%) Antihistamine
Other Information

Store Alaway at 4°C-25°C (39°F-77°F).

Inactive Ingredients

Benzalkonium chloride (0.01%), glycerin, sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid and water for injection.



First time I have tried this drop for my itchy eyes. I get some seasonal allergies (only certain times of the year) and tried this product instead of another I usually use. This drop is soothing and works in a few hours to reduce the irritation, itching and crusting I have gotten in years past.

This seems to work better and faster than other antihistamine drops. I am not sure why, because I think the active ingredients are all the same. I get terrible allergies where my eye will puff up and swell shut - this has helped lessen the swelling or help cut it off early.

These eye drops were literally a breath of fresh, moist relief for my eyes. Since moving to a different climate I had dealt with allergies and itchy skin/ eyes. Alaway Antihistamine drops have been my saving grace. I am also very sensitive to certain eye drops, and these did not cause any adverse reaction or discomfort. The packaging is a bit bulky for the small containers, but I do love the compact size of the drops. The bottle is easy to hold between my two fingers, and unlike many of the other eye drops I have use in the past, the bottle is not awkward to hold. I would recommend this to anyone who wants instant, refreshing eye relief.

This time of year causes my eyes to tear and itch. These drops solve the problem without making the eyes get too dry like other allergy eye drops.

Itchy eyes are the WORST and, when my allergy medications just aren’t cutting it, it’s great to have this in the wings. It really works wonders.

Word to the wise, though: don’t accidentally grab these when trying to wash out sunscreen that’s gotten in your eyes! My gosh, that stung! Stick to saline drops for that!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment