Thursday, July 18, 2019

Braun Digital Ear Thermometer ThermoScan 5 IRT6500

Braun Digital Ear Thermometer ThermoScan 5 IRT6500

Braun Digital Ear Thermometer ThermoScan 5 IRT6500

As a pediatric nurse these are my go to thermometer for baby shower gifts. Work so much nicer and faster than any oral or axillary thermometer. I don't like temperal scans, don't trust them. Now with this one you do have to be sure you have it in correctly to get a proper reading. If you are in doubt do it two or three times and take the highest number! It's super quick so the kids can sleep through it too. I did only four stars because I feel like the instructions on use could have pictures or quick steps for new parents.

My husband and I had ordered this thermometer to replace our reliable, yet slightly less sanitary, oral thermometer. We wanted a solution that would be easier to use and a little easier to sanitize when one of us is sick. Considering that Earwax is not likely a way to spread many communicable diseases (Bronchitis and Colds, mostly), and that we both had experience using ear thermometers in the past, we opted for a new Ear Thermometer.

It does come with a box of 20 shields, and they are provided for hygienic purposes... considering that it is my husband and I, and (as I previously mentioned) the fact that most communicable diseases are not spread through Earwax, we are fine wiping the little plastic shields off and just reusing until it gets funky.

The fact that it does not have a backlight does not bother me, since I don't take temperatures in the dark and it will remember the last temperature you took... so even if you needed to take your sleeping family member's temp, just turn the thermometer off and on once you're in a lit area and you'll see their temperature.

I see a lot of reviews picking this unit apart, but here's what I bought: A thermometer that accurately measures temperature in the ear.
Here's what I received: A thermometer that accurately measures temperature in the ear.

It was affordable, it works well, and I can use regular rechargeable batteries in this thermometer.

I originally was suckered into buying an Innovo thermometer based on what I now know is Paid Reviews. After trashing the Innovo I picked up the Braun and its far more accurate. Reads same temperature every time and seems very accurate (I always read around 98.4)

We love this, and find it very accurate. I should have bought this first thing. I opted to cheap out and buy a "no name" version of this when our first child was born. It worked for both ear and head. It worked well, up until she was about 2 years old. At which point, we discovered it was not detecting fevers anymore. I guess it was running off a few degrees. This is the same as our pediatricians office uses. We have been very happy with it over the short time we have used it. Fast to detect and seems very accurate. Don't cheap out and buy a no name china brand. This is worth the money

it works for the most part, there is a difference in temperature each time you do it. each ear differs as well. it takes about 20 seconds for it to be ready, shove it into your head, click the button, beep its done. but... you can't use it in a dark room, it has no light. you would think in this day and age, everything would be indiglo, but its not, its hard to see the number when its dark.

but its nice to have, a lot faster than other methods.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • EAR THERMOMETER: Braun ThermoScan5 is gentle, easy & accurate, making it great for checking for fevers in infants & kids. Find out why our ear thermometers are used by more pediatricians than others
  • DIGITAL READINGS: The innovative pre-warmed tip ensures accurate temperature readings for infants and kids, unlike other ear thermometers where the cool tip may result in lower temperature readings
  • FOR KIDS & ADULTS: With innovative designs & easy to use controls, our thermometers are great for adults, too. Disposable lens filters & easy to clean digital & forehead thermometers keep it sanitary
  • RELIABLE & ACCURATE: We know the most accurate readings are important to parents. We designed our digital thermometers, no touch forehead thermometers & ear thermometers to be reliable & easy to use. BPA free
  • THE MOST USED BY PEDIATRICIANS: Your family's health is important to you & Braun makes digital thermometers you can rely on. Our thermometers are suitable for the whole family, including newborns

Description

Braun Thermoscan5 ear thermometer. No.1 brand among pediatricians and mom. Proven more accurate than rectal or temple thermometers.



I purchased this after our well-rated forehead thermometer was giving wonky readings. It was getting older, and since my kids are older, I decided to go with an ear thermometer at the recommendation of a nurse at our doctor's office. Shortly after purchasing, my son spiked a fever - 103 degrees - and off to urgent care we went. I took this along with me, and right after they took his temp at the urgent care, I checked it with this just to see. It was super close - within .1 degree. I guess you could say it's accurate!!

I will say it would be nice to have one that shows the readings in the dark, but with the price difference between this and the next model up, I don't think the price is worth it for that feature. Maybe if my kids were younger I would have chosen it, but with my youngest being almost 5, this is just perfect for us. No regrets with this purchase!

I accidentally bought the wrong version of this but I am still pleased with the purchase! I thought it had a backlight so you can use this during the night without having to turn on a light or use your phone to see what the heck the temperature reading is. But other than that I am so happy with it. I have struggled with temporal lobe thermometers for years! Always getting an inconsistent reading and not ever being 100% sure. Well, I already have two small children and a new baby on the way, and the girls have had me check their temps with this. I get the same reading every time. It's consistent, and that's exactly what I wanted. I wanted to know it was accurate! I am not disappointed!

If you want an accurate electronic temperature reading, you have essentially two choices: an ear thermometer like this one, or a device that reads the temperature in a deep blood vessel as you run it over the patient's forehead. Both can give accurate inner-body temperatures, but the forehead scanner is inconsistent - if you don't move it just right, the reading can vary. The inner ear measurement is consistent, convenient and quick. This particular one has a feature that pre-warms the sensor from room temperature to something nearer body normal, which makes it faster and more consistent. By comparison, the cheap under-the-tongue digital thermometers are essentially useless, as they are affected by whatever has recently been in the mouth, such as a drink.

Buy this thermometer. Just do it.
I'm an adult, with no kids. For some reason oral thermometers don't work properly for me and always give an absurdly low reading. After a bad experience with the flu and going to work when I was extremely feverish (but didn't realize it) and nearly hallucinating, I admitted defeat and spent $40 on this thermometer.
Now if I'm sick, I can gulp down all the ginger ale and popsicles I want, and still get an accurate reading of my temperature. It's awesome.

Side note: if you angle it right, you can launch the lens covers a couple of feet. Pretty entertaining if you're stuck inside sick.

I didn't want to spend so much on a thermometer, but we were using a mouth one when my daughter was sick. Told me her temp was 98, but she kept throwing up so I took her to the ER, her real temp was 102.5. I immediately went on here to find a more accurate thermometer. I went off reviews, there were cheaper ones but most had bad reviews. It's been working great! I got what she had and it's helping me keep track of my temp.. I don't know why I waited so long, plus it's quick and painless!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment