Thursday, July 4, 2019

Maytex Metal Double Roller Glide Shower Curtain Ring/Hooks, Brushed Nickel, Set of 12

Maytex Metal Double Roller Glide Shower Curtain Ring/Hooks, Brushed Nickel, Set of 12

Maytex Metal Double Roller Glide Shower Curtain Ring/Hooks, Brushed Nickel, Set of 12

I bought these hooks with my new shower curtain and shower head. Massaging Shower Head High Pressure - Multi-Function, Massage Rainfall Showerhead With Boosting Mist For Low Flow Showers & Adjustable Water Saving Nozzle - Chrome (P.S. I LOVE my new shower head.)

Amazing design and it is very easy to hook the shower curtain on. I love that I can glide the curtain very easily, the ball end is keeping the curtain on the rod. I also like the double hook that allows me to hang both the water-proof curtain and my favorite liner separately.

I’ve had relatives and friends who stay in our house can’t stop admiring the elegant look of my shower. They said it looks more cozy than any hotel they had gone to. They got so inspired by the way my shower looks and they thought of improving their own shower.

Once a month, I wipe the hooks and shower rod with little oil to keep them from rusting. It’s been 4 months since I bought these hooks and they still look good as new. Changing shower curtain and liner is made much easier by this hook! You have an excellent product. I could give it a 10 if there was a rating of 10. I definitely recommend this to anyone who loves to organize things in their bathroom.

Remember your last set of shower curtain hangers? They were stiff, you had to pry them open to poke through the whole in the curtain, and some then requires still more still and uncomfortable twisting to get them to "lock into place.. and all that after you had to pry them open wide enough to get them over the rod you were going to be hanging it on??
These are not your Mothers shower hangers!! These were made with baby boomers in mind! People who may have arthritis or loss of strength in their hands or some reason the other kind are so difficult to deal with, They hang like a hanger in the closet onto the shower rod and the 2 prongs in different directions make it oh so simple to just hand the liner on one side and the curtain on the other and in a matter of minutes you are done. And the balls on the hanger part keep them from sticking and the need to tug at the curtain to get it to move where you want it.

Kudos to the inventor of this product!!

I've never had the roller shower hooks before, but I've had every other style. These are so simple to use, no snapping and unsnapping every time you want to wash your shower curtain, it just lifts right off. And no more getting stuck on the lip in the middle of the tension bar, these just roll right over it, both ways. I love these! At first I thought I was going to have a problem - the shower curtain liner that I have is very thick and very stiff. Every time I'd put a new hook on, the liner would fall off of the last hook. I was getting really frustrated! Finally figured out that it didn't do that if I just hung the hooks first and THEN put the liner on them. The posts that go through the liner/curtain holes are a little on the short side, but this also keeps them from being intrusive and gaudy looking. Overall, I was very happy with my purchase - happy enough that I went back and ordered a 2nd set in a different finish for our other bathroom.

I love these shower rings. I bought them for a curved shower curtain rode that I bought from Amazon as well and wanted a little more space by separating the inner and outer curtains. These glide without issue and make opening and closing the curtain a breeze. They are also great for changing the inner or outer curtains. Having them separated keeps you from need to have to unclamp the rings, take both curtains down just to put them both up again. You get to deal with only the part you need to, which for me is great.

Where have these hooks been all my life?! They make removing the shower curtain liner for washing SO much easier. The quality is great, and they actually glide across the pole.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • EASY ROLLER GLIDE: Open and close your shower curtain easily with the Double Roller Glide Shower Rings
  • DESIGN: The Double Roller Glide Shower Curtain Hooks separately hang the shower curtain and shower liner
  • RUST RESISTANT: Made of durable, rust resistant metal
  • FRICTION FREE: These shower curtain hooks will quietly glide across the curtain rod
  • SET OF 12 SHOWER HOOKS: Sold in sets of 12 for standard shower curtain installation
  • PACKAGING: Item should come in Maytex branded packaging such as packaging pictured on left
  • FITS: All standard size shower curtain rods

Description

Great double glide shower hooks / shower rings that help to hang the shower curtain and shower liner separately on different sides of the hooks. These Rust Resistant shower rings are built with 5 rolling balls that allow the hooks to glide easily along the shower rod. Also features an innovative design that helps the shower rings stay on the shower rod. Available in Brushed Nickel, Bronze and Chrome colors. No matter the finish you choose, these unique shower curtain hooks will help to make a great addition to your bathroom.



After trying many different Shower Curtain Rings that All leave cause rust on my curtain rod, (just had to replace it again) despite being "stainless steel", etc.I decided to try these. I was skeptical because they seemed so flimsy, but I was careful not to stretch them too much when I attached to curtain rod. I have had them on for a couple of days, and they are working great so far, and slide over the curtain rod like a feather. They also make the curtain lighter, so less weight on the tension curtain rod. I had to get used to not having to pull hard to close the curtain because they made it so easy to move. I ordered another set for my other curtain (on the outside of the tub, decorative) I liked them so much. I will write another review in 6 months or so to comment on how they hold up with constant pulling and moving across the rod. They are almost invisible, by the way.

These shower curtain hooks seem to hold up much better than the plastic rings. After about a month they seem to glide just as easily as when I first installed them.

I've seen comments about rust, so I was waiting a little before I reviewed. So far I've seen no evidence of rust. I put up a new shower curtain rod at the same time and it's the same finish as the hooks. I'm wondering if that helps prevent or at least slow down rusting.

The only issue I've run into is that the thin wire seems to cut into thin shower curtain liners that aren't well reinforced at the holes. After a month, both ends of my shower curtain liner have little tears at the holes, but they haven't torn completely off.

These metal double-hooks are handy when it comes to swapping out shower curtain liners to toss into the wash. I absolutely hated the typical rings that were a struggle to put on and remove and required taking off both the liner and decorative curtain. My only complaint with these is that I've had a couple fall off while opening the curtain and when removing a curtain liner. They are open hooks just hanging on the rod, so they're obviously not attached quite as securely as the ring types, which usually lock or clip somehow. In that sense, if you're using the thinner type curtain rod (mine is appx 1.5" in diameter) you will likely have some issues. But I'd still choose this set over my old plastic rings for their style and ease of function.

I was looking for dual sided shower curtain rings that came in black or a dark color. These fit the bill.

The benefit of this type of shower curtain ring is that you can easily hang a decorative curtain on one side and a water-proof liner on the other. Because the hooks are open, taking one or both of the curtains on and off for washing is easy to do.

These particular hooks are not as wide a gauge metal as other dual sided hooks I own. But they seem to work OK, support the weight of both curtains, slide smoothly across the rod, etc.

The oil rubbed bronze stain is a deep bronze that works well on a black rod.

I have not had them long enough to comment on durability, or problem with rusting.

I love these shower curtain hooks. I always dreaded having to change out my curtains because it took forever to hang them up. These make it so much easier and faster. I wish I'd gotten them sooner. There are little balls at the top, which make them glide easily along the rod when you open and close the curtain. There are also two hooks in each, one for the inside liner and one for the outside curtain. I also really like the chrome look. I've read the negative reviews about rusting so I guess only time will tell. So far, they're perfect.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment