Friday, July 5, 2019

YIHONG Set of 8 Stainless Steel Metal Straws 8.5'' Reusable Drinking Straws For 20oz Tumblers Yeti 6mm Diameter Black (4 Straight + 4 Bent + 2 Brushes)

YIHONG Set of 8 Stainless Steel Metal Straws 8.5'' Reusable Drinking Straws For 20oz Tumblers Yeti 6mm Diameter Black (4 Straight + 4 Bent + 2 Brushes)

YIHONG Set of 8 Stainless Steel Metal Straws 8.5'' Reusable Drinking Straws For 20oz Tumblers Yeti 6mm Diameter Black (4 Straight + 4 Bent + 2 Brushes)

These are exactly as pictured, and arrived nicely packaged - They are obviously from a company that cares about the quality of their product. These things are loooong, too - If you have a tall glass, they're perfect. Diameter-wise, they're about the size of a pencil.
I dinged them a star for three reasons:
1. The straw rather rapidly acquires the temperature of the drink in which it's placed. I haven't tried them in a hot liquid yet, but in ice water they rapidly become ice cold, which means you're gonna feel it when you put your lips on them. (That's why I'd recommend getting the silicon-tipped version.)
2. The cleaning wand that's included isn't quite long enough to go all the way through the straw, which means you end up driving it in from each end. Whether or not this potentially leaves bacteria/viruses in the middle of the straw is an empirical question, but it at least seems possible, even if highly unlikely (I think using soap and warm water probably obviates the problem.)
3. Because they're so long, it's easy to bang your teeth on the end if you're not paying attention as you put it in your mouth. This is another reason to go for the silicon tips.

It is exactly as described and it doesn't have any metal after taste. For $7.99 shipped to your door (w/ Prime), this is a great buy.

With that said, I do have some reservations about using them with my Yeti tumblers because they are so long (my fault for not measuring my tumblers before buying 10.5" straws). Also, I personally don't like the straight one because I was careless and brought my tumbler up to my mouth and because the straw is so much longer than what I am used to, I jammed the metal straw into my front tooth. This can be dangerous since the metal straw will not give like the plastic straws. Take this into consideration if you are letting kids use it or you may be clumsy like me. I now only use the bent straw and that has been safer for me. These comments are about metal straws in general and does not reflect negatively on this product. If you want 10.5" metal straws, is this product should meet your needs.

Added two pics with my 20 oz and 30 oz Yeti tumblers.

I’m going with 5 stars under the assumption you have a pipe cutter or saw and file. I mean the little cheapie pipe cutters. Or know someone with a few tools. Reason is the straws are long enough to cut down to size to fit a variety of glasses. Then you have a perfect straw fit for every glass. Where you cut you want to file a bit so there are no sharp edges. These are solid stainless and there’s a bunch of them in the package. All you need. Someone said something about changing the taste of the water. Huh? Pour some water in a stainless glass and some in glass. Do a blind taste test. No need to over complicate a straw.

I do love these straws! They are plenty long enough for any of my tumblers. Both 20 oz and 30 oz. If I decided to get a 40 oz, it would fit that too. The bent straws are at a perfect angle. The straight straws are great too.

I most love how the liquid is cold all the way to my mouth, and no nasty plastic taste or feeling. Also no dish detergent taste or smell.

Don't hesitate to get these.

These are so much better than the heavy duty plastic straws. They clean up like a dream, do not hold the taste of your drink and best of all, because they are stainless steel, they conduct the cold of your ice. Having used the semi permanent plastic straws for years, these were an amazing upgrade. I actually like the bent ones better than the straight, however, the straight ones are the perfect size for the tall spout top water bottles so I was able to replace their plastic straw with the straight stainless steel one.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 8.5 inch stainless steel straws work great for 20oz tumbler, or regular drinking glass, perfect for coffee, lemonade, juice, cocktail, etc.
  • Suitable for family gathering, cocktail party, picnic, and more.Impress your friends and family when you pull out the healthy metal straws, You will bask in gratitude for reducing the use of plastic straws. Each and every day the straws help to lighten your carbon footprint and you can enjoy much more satisfying drinking experience!
  • Healthy and Safe - Made of food-grade 18/8 stainless steel,no metal aftertaste,plastic free, dishwasher safe,reusable and environmentally friendly.
  • Nice Quality and Last for Years - well picked stainless steel that can stand against scratch, rust and crash, convenient and portable for outdoor activities.
  • Easy to Clean - Comes with 2 long nylon cleaning brushes, very handy to rinse off stains.

Description

Stainless steel metal straws reusable straw



I got these straws because I love drinking soda out of a can thru a straw and instead of buying cheap plastic typical straws that end up in the garbage immediately, I picked up these. Truly stainless steel that’ll last a lifetime. They have a good draw and rinse clean in two seconds. The biggest surprise was that I never realized that I would clamp down gently on a plastic straw with my teeth while sucking up the liquid. Never thought about it until my teeth clamped down on stainless steel. Was quite a shock. So now I make sure to hold the straw with my lips and leave my teeth out of the equation. Wasn’t much of a learning curve at all and I’m very happy with this purchase! They’ll last a lifetime! Great investment!

Love drinking from stainless steel flasks and the straws keep the water nice and cold all the way up! The curved option straw is great for larger flasks so the straw doesn't fall into the flask. The scrub brushes are great.

I probably wouldn't recommend metal straws in general. I like using straws because my teeth are sensitive, but with nearly all of my drinks, the straw gets SUPER cold in a matter of a couple minutes. Also it's weird against my teeth. I think next time I will need to go with silicon...

Also, I clean these, but I really am not sure if I got them really clean, especially the bent ones.... I could not imagine buying these without the pipe cleaner things, so that is a plus for sure.

Pay attention to the dimensions. These are awkwardly too tall for most of my glasses, and as my drinks get half empty, the straws have tipped over my drinks :(

YIHONG Set of 8 Stainless Steel Straws Ultra Long 10.5 Inch, seems to be a really nice product.

Keep in mind these are long metal straws. I usually use them with a large tall Tervis cup. They are almost as long as the very long plastic Tervis straws. They'd be really long for 'normal' glasses.

I saw comments that folks were put off by the fact that they are hard metal,... you can poke yourself if you're not somewhat careful. They also conduct heat or cold from the liquid so that's a bit odd for people converting from plastic straws. Doesn't work for hot stuff. Also if you chew your straws you would have to adjust your habit to use these, there are other straws that have silicone tips if you want a good straw for chewers or are put off by feeling the temperature of the liquid. They are about 3/16" across which is probably a bit smaller than many long straws, for me these guys really works great for iced tea. A few folks mentioned that they were sharp, mine aren't, the ends are nicely polished.

Others have mentioned that they aren't great for smoothies, cleaning would be an issue, just with the thickness of the smoothie they wouldn't work well.

...So know what you're looking for if you're trying to buy 'permanent straws'. For clear cold liquids such as tea, from a tall cup,... I love these guys.

Very nice. I personally would like them better if they were slightly shorter, but if you're using them with a tall cold-cup, they would need to be this long. The inclusion of the cleaning brushes is a good deal, though for most drinks, I think an immediate rinse of the straw with hot, hot water will do the job just fine. It's easy to drink even a slightly thick smoothie through these smooth, polished straws.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment