Wednesday, August 7, 2019

PowerOne Hearing Aid Batteries Size 312 - 10 Packs of 6 Cells (no mercury)

PowerOne Hearing Aid Batteries Size 312 - 10 Packs of 6 Cells (no mercury)

PowerOne Hearing Aid Batteries Size 312 - 10 Packs of 6 Cells (no mercury)

I am a practicing audiologist, and I routinely recommend this brand of hearing aid batteries to my patients. At roughly $0.25 a battery, they are listed on Amazon at a very competitive price - which is an important factor with respect to how expensive hearing aids can be.

I find that hearing aid users experience longer battery life overall with PowerOne.

A few thoughts in terms of hearing aid batteries: Size 312 Zinc Air batteries generally last approximately 5-10 days. Factors that contribute to varying battery life include length of daily use, the brand of hearing aid, how much amplification the hearing aid is delivering, and whether or not the hearing aid user is streaming wirelessly through Bluetooth compatible accessories. I also recently read a study that showed that the longer you wait after pulling the battery off the tab before putting the battery in the hearing aid, the longer the battery will last. Waiting 4-5 minutes before putting the battery in the aid appeared to fully optimize battery life.

Lastly, definitely check the expiration dates on the back of the packages! They generally come with a very long shelf life - The packs that I just ordered expire 4 years from now. If they don't have an appropriate expiration date like advertised, send them back.

I have only been wearing hearing aids for about a year and nine months, and this exact battery is what was supplied at the date of purchase. When the original supply began running low, I originally purchased one months supply at a time from my local Walmart. These batteries were not only more expensive, but battery life was approximately 7days, whereas the original Power One batteries typically lasted 9-10 days. I found them on-line at Amazon and a six-month supply was priced little more than a one month supply locally. This is my second order for these batteries and I needless to say have been very pleased with both the performance and the price. Yes, I will be ordering them again, and yes I would highly recommend them if you are looking for a top quality hearing aid battery.
8/3/16- I now have been wearing the hearing aids for approx six yrs. I still use these batteries. Need I say more?

Awesome buy! They work great and seem to last quite awhile, comparable to the major brands. My hearing aids came with rechargeable batteries and they last aprx 300 charges. When they started failing, I debated about whether or not to go the distance & get new rechargeable (costly) batteries and have to replace those or just go with standard batteries, as an experiment, so to speak. Well, I am very pleased with this purchase. You get 10 packs of 6 ea. for an incredible price compared to what you'd pay retail., and a major savings over the rechargeables The major advantage to using regular batteries such as these is that I no longer need to worry about when the rechargeable type would need recharging b4 I was done for the day. Having gone through that unhappy experience more than once, I am thrilled to be able wear my hearing aids hours on end, even slept in them once, which I don't recommend, given the possibility of losing one of these costly but necessary items. For an experiment, it turned out wonderfully; I'll be reordering when I start to get low.

This brand works well, reliably, and as priced at about $16 for 60 batteries in this bulk package, it is a real bargain. Batteries last about 7 days in my hearing aide, provided that I open the battery compartment-door to disconnect the circuit when I am not wearing it, e.g., while sleeping. When the battery is nearing the end of its useful life, my hearing aide generates a tone to warn me of impending need to replace it. If I do nothing, another warning occurs in about two minutes. If the battery is not replaced at that time, it will stop functioning in a few more minutes. Other brands will function about a half-hour or more, longer after the warnings start. However, even if the hearing aid "goes dead", if you open the battery compartment-door about 5 or 10 minutes, this brand of battery will rejuvenate itself and work another hour, or longer, giving me the opportunity to replace the battery in a more convenient place.

We have been buying these hearing aide batteries every since my husband got his hearing aid, They work great! He replaces the battery every week (Sunday is his scheduled day) and they usually last the full week. He has only had a few "dead" batteries and is overall very happy with this product. In addition to the quality, we initially bught batteries at the local drug store for much much more (cost). Great savings on something we are going to spend money on anyway and very convenient to have a good supply on hand, We order a box once a year.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • FRESH BATTERIES! Shelf life 2-3 years.
  • We sell the Genuine Pack like the picture made in Germany
  • Original Germany pack of 60 batteries LOOK FOR MADE IN GERMANY PRINTED ON CARD FRONT
  • High Quality Zinc Air Battery size 312 or Brown tab
  • Proven under extreme climatic conditions in long term testing

Description

The stainless steel housing offers high stability and safe protection against corrosion. power one cells provide additional reliability and safety due to - threefold sealing design - patented PTFE film technology. FRESH BATTERIES Shelf life 2-3 years. We sell the Genuine Pack like the picture made in Germany Original Germany pack of 60 batteries High Quality Zinc Air Battery size 312 or Brown tab Proven under extreme climatic conditions in long term testing



The batteries have good life. I get five to six days from each battery. The big thing here is the per cell battery cost. Very favorable. Shipment arrived quickly. Note that there are six batteries on the card instead of the eight you get from U.S. providers. The cards are stacked in a box. You can open the box so that it looks like a retail display (that's probably its purpose) and pick out a new card as needed. I liked these batteries so much I am ordering another set!

I have ordered these 3 times now. I have only found 2 or 3 cells to be dead or near dead. My most recent order is after trying batteries from major Members Only Warehouse. The warehouse "store" brand that were a major let down. 25% of the batteries were dead. One pack of 10 contained 7 dead cells the expiration date on this pack was still 7 months within the window. Compare that experience to the PowerOne which have 1 to 3 dead cells out of 60. The actual DOA might be 0 (zero). The dead cells have been from packs that my wife carries in her purse (getting knocked around as she looks for stuff) or from the two battery case I wear on my work badge. (I have small case that hold two batteries which allows me to swap out if I am in a meeting. So it is possible I caused the activation tab to become loose when transferring the batteries to emergency travel case.)

At a gathering, someone realized that I couldn't hear what was being said. My smile and agreement weren't appropriate for the questions. He asked if I would jump off a cliff. "Yep," I said. "That would be nice." Others standing around laughed, and told me I hadn't heard a word.

The next week I visited an audiologist and discovered a 60 percent hearing loss in the right ear, 40 percent in the left. The audiologist advised Nero Pro hearing aids but provided only one pack of batteries. I purchased a pack at a national drug store chain and winced at the price. A hearing-impaired friend suggested purchasing batteries in bulk through Amazon, half the cost of drug store brands. Highly recommended!

I bought the 60 $13.69 ones that had free shipping from "Hearing Direct USA" in the UK. This made my cost less than 23 cents per battery which is a shade more than I pay at Costco. They are date coded 7/2021 and since 30 batteries will last about an estimated 210 days on one side they will all be used up by about March, 2018, well within the date coded period.
I received them in less than 6 days and I am comparing their life to my Costco ones. Right now they seem to be pretty much the same, about 7 days+. I will know after a few months if this remains the same. If life is the same, than it would be a tossup whether to buy at Costco or these ones again.

When I find a product that supplies my need I stick with it. Powerone does just that. They are reliable, inexpensive and easy to carry. I've only had one bad experience with them which was entirely my fault. I forgot to put a new pack in my purse after using my last battery from the old one. On a trip out of town to see my doctor the battery in my left hearing aid went out and that's when I realized I didn't have a spare. Since I was in a roomful of elderly patients like me I considered standing and asking if anyone there might have a spare battery I could buy. My daughter vetoed the idea so I didn't. Take heed. The pack is so thin it can be tucked inside your wallet next to your SS card. Who knows. If you don't need one some other poor soul might make the same mistake I did and need your help.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment