Monday, August 26, 2019

The Doctor's Advanced Comfort NightGuard | 1 Dental Guard and Case | Dental Protector for Nighttime Teeth Grinding

The Doctor's Advanced Comfort NightGuard | 1 Dental Guard and Case | Dental Protector for Nighttime Teeth Grinding

The Doctor's Advanced Comfort NightGuard | 1 Dental Guard and Case | Dental Protector for Nighttime Teeth Grinding

This mouth guard is amazing. I grind my teeth something fierce and even use it for naps. My dentist once asked me to bring it in - I assumed so he could tell me it was no good and that I needed to buy a $$$$$$$$$ mouth guard from his office. He looked at it both in and out of my mouth and shook his head. "I can't find anything wrong with this - keep using it, this is a good one." I am on subscription here at Amazon to receive these on a regular basis. I have purchased other "brand" name mouth guards and nothing compares. I once tried a store brand mouth guard and bit right through it during the fitting phase. Tossed that right in the garbage. Doctor's Brand is by far the best non-prescription mouth guard I have ever used.

After a visit to the dentist, he strongly recommended that I get a mouth guard because I was grinding my teeth at night. He suggested that it would be very harmful to my teeth over time. The dentist said he could order me one for >$100, and it wouldn't be covered by my insurance.

Then he laughed and suggested this product. I was skeptical that something over the counter would work, but it wasn't go to hurt to try. I got it quickly from Amazon, took a couple of minutes to read the instructions, and got ready to do it.

First of all, it takes a few minutes to get it right. I boiled water in my microwave, put the blank NightGuard into the hot water, waited two minutes. Then I popped it in my mouth, used my fingers to push it around the teeth. Then let it cool. And it's a perfect, nearly professional fit. It locks into the upper teeth, so no fear of falling out, so far.

One big point. If you don't get it right the first or fifth time, you can start over again, no need to throw it out and buy another one. I might be a bit weird, but I had fun forming it around my teeth. It will clearly prevent you from grinding your teeth as long as you wear it every night.

Let me make a recommendation. You don't want to get this thing to get gross over time, so buy some anti-bacterial denture cleaner like Efferdent. It'll keep your mouth guard minty fresh without anything nasty growing on it.

I like this product. It’s a fine temporary night guard. Doesn’t make my teeth hurt in the morning, and I barely feel it at night. My mother who is a Dental Hygenist picked it out for me so I can use while I wait to get my professional one made. I only gave it 4 stars because the directions on how to mold it to your teeth were NOT correct and didn’t work. You actually have to boil it IN the water for a short amount of time, rather than set it in hot water. Trust me on this one.

I am a fan of this product, though it did take some getting used to. It took a couple of reheats to get it fit to my top row of teeth, but it still felt bulky and I found that sometimes in the night I was actually either spitting out or removing the guard only to wake without it. So, I then decided to try wearing it on my bottom row of teeth instead. I had to trim it a bit and when I reheated it I left it in the simmering water for a minimum 5 min to make sure the soft portion was as moldable as possible. It was so much more comfortable because I could keep my lips closed around the guard without effort. In fact, after getting it formed to my teeth I actually forgot about it and left it on for another hour or so!

I am so glad I bought this! I needed to replace an old Doctor's Night Guard that I was using for years, as it was getting kind of ratty looking even though I regularly cleaned it in solution. They make these night guards a lot thinner and smaller now, and claim that the newer ones are free of BPA. I needed two tries to mold it properly, but it works fine and is a lot more comfortable compared to my old one, which was bulky. With my old one, I used to wake up most mornings with some tooth sensitivity, But I feel no discomfort with this one.

Tip: The molding instructions in this box are crap! Confusing and practically useless. Do yourself a favor and search Google to pull up a more detailed version of the instructions, or better yet, contact the company and they will send you a PDF version. I guarantee it will make your experience of molding this to your teeth alot easier and less confusing!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Developed by team of dentists, The Doctor's NightGuard helps prevent the damage from nighttime teeth grinding.
  • A moldable, custom fit dental protector that helps prevent damage from teeth grinding.
  • Patented two-layer design includes a soft top layer to cushion and absorb and a firm bottom layer to prevent grinding. The life of your dental protector will vary based on the force of your teeth grinding. It should last approximately six (6) months.
  • Custom, guaranteed fit- The patented slanted front provides more comfort by keeping material away from lips and gums
  • Slim and flexible design that helps you sleep comfortably

Description

Protecting your teeth from the damaging effects of teeth grinding is easy with the Doctor's night guard, a dental protector for nighttime teeth grinding. The Doctor's night guard was designed by a team of dentists who saw the damage that teeth grinding could do. Over 1,200 prototypes were developed to ultimately select the top-performing advanced comfort design. This premium comfort design is patented and only available from the Doctor's.



Always thought about getting a mouth guard, and I saw this amongst others and the price point was unbeatable especially w prime shipping, watching instructional videos is totally different from doing it yourself but after a couple reheating and remolding I found a good fit, only downside is I wish they made a larger size but alas they don’t so my back two molars remain uncovered but I can’t say that it grinds necessarily.

I'm 67. I don't floss. Never have. Used these for the last 10+ years. When I go for my dental check up, my gums are in excellent condition, with the space between tooth and gum registering at 1, 2, and 3mm. I don't like floss because it takes two hands (what a burden! how on earth do people get the energy to use both hands??) and because it's easier. Call me lazy, but flossing is too much work, and these can be used about any time.

These are great to use in place of flossing. They have a top with bristles to clean between my teeth, and the other end is like a toothpick for the same use. I can clean my teeth better with this item in place of floss. The seller was good and I would buy from Medtech again. My teeth spaces are wide enough for these pics to do a good job.

Convenient way to dispense Doctor's Toothpicks. The dispenser is light and easy to carry in a pocket.

You merely rotate the top to the open hole and tap out a pick, then rotate then tap back to prevent the picks from falling out. You can also refill the the holder by inserting picks in the hole.

Others have tried to "open" the dispenser by taking the top off and broken the dispenser. Their fault, not the manufacturer's design. When in doubt, follow the instructions!

Been using these for years. Love them. And yes, they work better than floss. These particular ones seem to be more durable and less wimpy--they don't fold over and collapse after running them between a couple of teeth. They are great to take with, to get that stuff out of your teeth when you've been to a restaurant. They are great to keep at the table, to use after a meal. They really make cleaning between the teeth an easy and almost enjoyable chore. The bristles are soft, yet stiff enough to hold up to some abrasion and to remove little particles. The pointy end is shaped like a wedge along the length of it, so it fits between the teeth right down at the gum line. These are brilliantly designed tools. Well worth the price.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment