Monday, August 5, 2019

Thermos Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle (Batgirl Purple)

Thermos Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle (Batgirl Purple)

Thermos Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle (Batgirl Purple)

We have this to my son at 14 months to use as a travel cup. He took right to the straw and even though he had to push very hard (for his small finger strength) loved opening and closing the thermos.
It is, however 1) not leak proof when open (do NOT leave it with your toddler in the backseat of your car!) and 2) not leak proof when closed UNLESS you really pull hard on the top of the straw to make sure the rubber part is all the way in the cap, then run your fingernail around the edge of the rubber to make sure it is tucked under the thread. We had a lot of spills in the diaper bag before I figured this out. Of course, getting it in there so tightly means that it is difficult to get back out.
All in all, we got what we needed, but it'd love to see an easier way to at least get the rubber top out without needing to push, pull, wiggle, and cajole.
Oh, and for parents wondering about it, we have put warm (not hot) milk in there with no problem. Our temperature limit was more based off of our toddler's ability to drink warm liquids from a straw versus a cup. Your mouth is more sensitive with a straw. Don't believe me? Try sipping hot coffee, then try sucking a big mouthful up a straw because you don't know any other way to use a straw but to go all in!

I have had sooo many different drinking vessels over the course of 8 years and 3 kids...and I think I've finally found a keeper.
It took me awhile to try these because I had originally sworn off anything with a straw (which are only slightly less evil than valves), but I find these pretty easy to swipe with some hot soapy water and a straw brush and feel good about how clean they've gotten. They meet my criteria of being leak proof, easy to clean, and stainless, and manage to do it for a reasonable price compared to other stainless bottles I'd tried. I really like these funtainers...and my 18 month old, who has never actually watched Paw Patrol but somehow still loves it, always requests his "Puh Puh-Puh" for "wa wa" :)

We love these in our house. My daughter loves the button and always closes the top so when its closed it doesn't spill. This isn't leakproof unless closed, just an fyi. I always thought the lid would be annoying but this is her cup of choice so we switched over to them for water bottles and she loves that she can use the handle on the kid to carry it. I like that they keep drinks cool for a longer time so I dont have to run to the fridge to put milk away if she stops drinking it. The image will come off eventually but all cups will wear eventually.

To address the fake comments, I too was concerned as the one we bought on Amazon had an opaque straw, not clear. I also read about an imprint on the tread meaning it was authentic. I compared to one I bought at target and noticed that did not have the imprint, and I knew that was authentic. I then contacted thermos because if it was a fake I wouldn't let my daughter drink it, and they confirmed that this is from them and authentic (I sent the amazon link) and that they make opaque and clear straw tops. So, if in doubt contact thermos directly.

Great quality. I thought this was gonna be cheesy & cheap looking but I was totally wrong. Paw Patrol print looks pretty sharp and good, plastic, latch, and the rest of the parts are solid. Tried to shake, roll and put them upside down.. so far no leaks. That’s good although I didn’t really look for a totally leak proof.

Don’t let the negative reviews sway you, this thing is 10/10. My Paw Patrol 2 yo fanboy always gets excited to drink water from it.

Great functional bottle. For anyone who is wondering, it is BPA free. I almost returned mine because there was no bpa-free label on it and it is very important to me. I decided to call the company and they confirmed that all their products are bpa free. It’s also stated on their website.

“Bisphenol A (BPA) is a controversial chemical that can be found in the lining of food cans, certain water bottles and more. Some researchers have linked the hormone-mimicking chemical to a host of issues including behavioral and developmental effects in kids. Thermos plays it safe, and has made a commitment to only manufacture products that are BPA-free.“ -Thermos


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Batman Batgirl logo bottle - Made from stainless steel
  • Features carrying loop for easy mobility
  • Comes with hygienic push button lid with a pop-up straw
  • Hand wash

Description

Proper hydration plays a key role in a healthy liefstyle and the 12 oz FUNtainer bottle from GENUINE THERMOS BRAND is a great product to fulfill any on-the-go hydration needs. Constructed with durable stainless steel and THERMOS vacuum insulation, this bottle keeps beerages cold for up to 12 hours. It features an integrated carrying loop and hygienic push button lid with a pop-up straw to open and comfortable to drink from. Not for use with hot liquids.



Excellent product! My grand daughter loves this thermos! Very easy for a toddler to open and close! The excitement of having her “Let It Go” character makes drinking water so much fun! Maintains cold temperature for a very long time, but she usually finishes her drink in little time! Great for traveling in car! I have since purchased another thermos for our 1 1/2 year old grandson; such facility in using this thermos!
Also, a grand selection of colors and characters to choose from in its appearance! This is definitely a gift I will always purchase first as a gift for a young one! Doesn’t spill!

I bought one funtainer bottle for my older son a few years ago when they didn't even have handle on top of the bottle. He loves it because his favorite character on the bottle and the straw is easy to use (so he's willing to drink more water!), pop-up lid is convenient too. I love it because it's easy to clean the straw, lightweight and it doesn't leak (as long as you put the straw part back right).

When my second son was old enough to use straw bottle, I bought him another funtainer and he loves it too. After we carelessly lost his Thomas bottle, I bought him a water bottle from other brand instead because Funtainer is not that cheap. Unfortunately he didn't like drinking from the new bottle, even it still had Thomas printed on the bottle. So we ended up buying Funtainer again and now he is happy. Guess I shouldn't have wasted my time and money looking for replacement of Funtainer.

P.S We just called their customer service for straw replacement after I read some useful reviews here. It only cost $1 per straw (limit 5) and $3 for shipping (no matter you order 1 straw or 5). Thanks for these wonderful reviews and save us some money for straw.

I have two of these thermoses for my toddlers. They are relatively easy for them to hold and open, and the build-in handle on top is perfect for small hands. I’ve had these for a few months now, and we haven’t had any problems with mold, stains, or leaks. I will say, if you’re experiencing leaks, try to do a little problem solving. If liquid gets trapped in the clear sealer that connects the straw to the top mouthpiece, well then obviously...
Easy to take apart and clean. I’ve found them to be durable if they are dropped.

LOVE! My daughter loves this wonder woman thermos. It keeps her drink cold longer. Super easy to wash. Like any thermos, I don't submerge it under water (better safe than sorry). The print hasn't worn off or chipped since we've had it, and I've washed it many times by now. I would buy more, if I needed to.

Just a heads up I purchased the Disney Princess one that is pink but received the one in the pictures instead, my little one doesn’t mine it so we will be keeping it. We love the thermos brand in our family and have been purchasing them for 8 years now consistently. Very durable, easy to clean and very rarely leak unless your a little airhead like me and put sparkling water in them...ooops.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment