Friday, April 5, 2019

Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Vegetarian Multivitamin Supplement with Folate, Iron, Probiotics & Ginger | Non-GMO, Dairy & Gluten Free, Best Whole Food Vitamin for Mom & Baby, 180 Capsules

Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Vegetarian Multivitamin Supplement with Folate, Iron, Probiotics & Ginger | Non-GMO, Dairy & Gluten Free, Best Whole Food Vitamin for Mom & Baby, 180 Capsules

Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Vegetarian Multivitamin Supplement with Folate, Iron, Probiotics & Ginger | Non-GMO, Dairy & Gluten Free, Best Whole Food Vitamin for Mom & Baby, 180 Capsules

I suppose you never really know if vitamins are doing what they claim to do... but I am happy with these. I like that they are made from whole foods, have actual folate (not folic acid), and even include a "digestive comfort" blend with probiotics. I do my best to get my nutrients from food but it's not realistic for me to get an ideal amount of everything everyday. I feel like these are a great back up to my diet. I also love that they don't make me feel sick if I take them on an empty stomach like other vitamins do (though I try to take them with food, sometimes I remember to take them in between meals -- having to take them 3 times a day is a bear).

Was this review helpful for you? If so, please click the "Yes" button below. If not, feel free to let me know why and I'll do my best to improve it. :)

I love the Garden of Life line. I've done a lot of research on vitamins and this one always comes out on top with natural, food-based ingredients rather than vitamins that are artificially processed in a lab. With this raw prenatal you do have to take 3 capsules a day and it really is best to take them at 3 different times. The reason being, your body can only absorb so much nutrients at once so if you take all 3 capsules at the same time a lot of those good nutrients are going to be eliminated as waste. It took me awhile to get into the habit of remembering my 3 doses. What has ended up working for me is taking one when I get up in the morning, one when I get home from work and one at bedtime. This has been easier for mee to remember than trying to take them at mealtimes. You can take these with or without food, I've never had an upset stomach from them but of course everyone is different.

I had to chime in here because I see this product getting an influx of negative reviews. I took this with my son who is not only extremely happy and healthy but also advanced for his age. I'm not sure if it was the prenatals but that was a possible contributing factor. The other thing about this vitamin is that it does not make my pee neon yellow like almost all vitamins do which indicates high absorbtion. If you look at the website labdoor.com they do independent testing of vitamins and this was ranked as the highest prenatal. As for people up in arms about vitex....do your research. I know a lot about vitex and I'm currently taking it as I prep to get pregnant for baby #2 and it helps balance hormones. It's not recommended in high doses in pregnancy but a small amount like 4mg is nothing to be concerned about.

I have been using this product for almost a year and feel healthier (although I eat healthy too) my nails and hair grow strong. I don't take medicines typically that aren't herbal and read about these and feel secure knowing that they have safe ingredients and are easy to swallow. Originally I bought them with the intention of breaking them open to add to shakes, etc (which the label/brand says is possible and ok for consumption that way) but realized it was easier to just swallow them (plus they taste terrible when opened as opposed to the flavorless taste when swallowed). Great product. I come these with the garden of life oceans mom prenatal dha 300 omega strawberry soft gel daily. A perfect pairing for health when trying to conceive.

Pregnancy prior to this one I really loved my rainbow prenatals. First two pregnancies were unicorn pregnancies like 0 nausea with the boys. Then this little lady gave me some nausea. Which would usually happen after taking what then was my go to prenatal. I don't remember where I read about these but I made the switch and it helped a ton with the nauseous fury. They don't leave a bad taste at all.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • PRENATAL MULTIVITAMIN: Specially formulated women's multivitamin made from nutritious RAW whole foods
  • MOM TO BE: Our prenatal vitamin for women is designed for BOTH mom and baby during pregnancy and lactation
  • PRENATAL MULTI: These prenatals includes probiotics, ginger, vitamin D and zinc for digestive support
  • MULTIVITAMIN WITH IRON: This vitamin supports blood and heart health with iron, vitamin C, E, and B-Complex plus Folate for healthy neural tube development
  • RAW MULTIVITAMIN: Vegetarian, gluten free, and dairy free whole food multivitamin, with NO binders or fillers

Description

As a pregnant woman, you want only the best for your unborn baby-and so does garden of life. Specifically designed to meet the unique needs of women during pre-conception, pregnancy and lactation, vitamin code raw prenatal is raw, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free. Taking care of you and your unborn baby is of utmost importance during this amazing journey. Your body, and the tiny developing body inside you require the finest, high-quality, prenatal supplementation available. Isn’t it time you started taking Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal?



I'm a dietitian who educates women on prenatal nutrition and these are my favorite prenatal vitamins and what I recommend. You do have to take additional calcium and DHA, so I take calcium/magnesium supplement as well as a fish oil supplement. I like that these are all natural and don't cause constipation, unlike the "One a Day" vitamins. I also make sure to get my iron from food since these don't have as much iron. The only reason I'm giving 4 starts instead of 5 is because of the taste (I have to take with milk or juice to hide the taste, I never had nausea but anyone with bad nausea might find these large pills difficult to take), and that it's a 3x/day dose. It can be hard to remember! Other than that, they're great!

I googled and saw this as a suggestion to increase milk supply as well as being natural. OMG this is amazing!! it doesn't taste the best but I do believe it has helped tremendously with my milk supply and I haven't taken the recommended 3 pills a day on average I take one. My first son it took a while for me to have milk for him but with baby number two it has been amazing, with nice rich milk at that. love it also with a toddler and a newborn I really need to keep my energy up and my vitamins in and I do believe based on how I feel that I am achieving those results. I definite repurchase from me

I have used this product for several years now, and I find that Amazon prices are some of the cheapest around. Also, it does not make me sick and my hair and nails grow really fast! I have been a loyal Garden of Life customer once learning about the founder's story and the high quality control they have in making their products. Check out the book, "The Maker's Diet," for more on Jordan Reuban (dying of Chrones Disease and found natural ways to help himself, later went to school for this and the company developed out of all of this) and the company. It's a brand that I trust and have trusted for some time.

After doing a lot of research it seems like these are one of the best prenatal vitamins out there especially for vegans. I love how every ingredient is from plants and that it has all of the essential vitamins I need as an expecting mom. I know the capsules are able to be digested, but I prefer opening them up and pouring them into a drink. On the bottle it does mention that if preferred placing the powder in water or pure juice is acceptable. I pour it into my oatmeal protein shake every morning since it is too hard for me to swallow with just plain water and I don’t always have juice. I just make sure I consume every little morsel of the powder since I know my body needs it. I love the vitamins and I highly recommend them for any expecting mom.

I have never slept better in my life since taking these! I feel amazing! Even if something stressful is happening.... I sleep! My husband can back me up on how big of a deal that is, since I'm his little anxiety case. I loved the gummies until I saw what little vitamins there were in the contents, then was good with my Rainbow Light brand....until my friend said her OB had her switch to vegan DHA since ones with fish oil have unknown levels of mercury (duh...never thought of that!). So I switched to vegan DHA (omnibiotics vegan omega dhax) then I found these. I always try for organic/non-gmo foods. Never thought about my vitamins. Not sure if it's these and the DHA or one or the other, but I'm so happy! Yay!!!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment