Sunday, April 28, 2019

Gorilla Grip Original Patented Bath, Shower, and Tub Mat (21x21), Machine Washable, Antibacterial, BPA, Latex, Phthalate Free, Square Bathroom Mats with Drain Holes, Suction Cups (Black Opaque)

Gorilla Grip Original Patented Bath, Shower, and Tub Mat (21x21), Machine Washable, Antibacterial, BPA, Latex, Phthalate Free, Square Bathroom Mats with Drain Holes, Suction Cups (Black Opaque)

Gorilla Grip Original Patented Bath, Shower, and Tub Mat (21x21), Machine Washable, Antibacterial, BPA, Latex, Phthalate Free, Square Bathroom Mats with Drain Holes, Suction Cups (Black Opaque)

It's a bit hard to rate this item. It works GREAT to keep us from slipping in the shower; honestly, it is incredibly well made and feels great on the feet (meaning it is not rough, it is not so smooth as to be slippery, and it keeps your feet well planted). This mat also stays where you put it, no slipping or sliding of the mat, so you feel secure while standing on it. And, although we don't use in the tub (because we don't take baths), I'm certain it would work just as well in that area. All in all, it certainly deserves a 4 star rating but there is a potential drawback for others.

Now for what I don't like and was not expecting. Water does flow thru it and down the drain, but suds do not. So if you were to just leave the mat in the stall all the time, I've no doubt you'd end up with a gunky soap scum effect on the shower floor which is exactly why folks have moved away from using shower/bath mats in the first place. BUT it is easy to solve this problem by doing what I had intended in the first place. Once I've finished showering, I simply lift the mat and rinse it off. That allows the soap suds to flow down the drain and leaves a "soap scum free" mat in its wake. Then I simply stick the mat to the side wall of the shower, loosely, so it can air dry. Done...and problem solved. Next shower, simply grab the mat and plop it on the shower floor, press down along the sides to create the suction needed to keep it in place, and shower away without slipping.

I chose the mat over appliques because I've read an awful lot of bad reviews on those products. I entertained anti-slip tape as well but read many bad reviews there as well. This mat does have holes throughout and water runs thru it very well. We have no water backing up so it's simply a matter of the soap suds not running thru it. Not what I expected, but easily remedied.

All in all, I'd buy it again and I do recommend it to others. But only if you are OK with rinsing it after each use (which is such a small task when the product allows you to feel secure in your shower/bath with no fear of slipping.

This is a great shower mat. It is VERY sturdy, stays in place, and is not slippery at all. I was worried that by placing it over the drain, I would have drainage issues, but not the case. The holes are big enough to let water through as if there isn't a mat in the way.

Nice, classy-looking mat! I use this square shower mat to keep my 17-month-old toddler from slipping in our shower. It works quite well overall. No mildew/mold. After every use we easily pull it up and stick on the shower wall to dry - takes just a few seconds; it hasn't fallen off that wall even once after mounting. Competitive pricing. Definitely recommend!

Ordered this mat for my tub/shower combination before my total hip replacement. Had to make absolutely certain that I wouldn’t slip while I was healing from surgery. The size is perfect for my tub and the mat grips well. I love that I can easily throw this in the washing machine to prevent mold from forming. Great purchase!

This is one of the better mats I have purchased in some time. They do grip well on a smooth surface. They won't work on textured surfaces I found out when I purchased one for my tub. Which I did return with no problem. This one has many hexagonal holes that allows the free flow of water into the drain. There was very little off gassing when I first opened the package. And the mat relaxed in a few days for a perfect fit in my small shower. It does not block the drain in anyway. It's a good fit all around.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • HUNDREDS OF SUCTION CUPS!! Our antibacterial shower mats feature hundreds of Gorilla Grip suction cups that help hold in place on smooth, clean surfaces. This mat is a great choice for the home, gym, spa and more!
  • LARGER SIZE and FEATURES HOLES: Our extra large and generously sized mat is 21 x 21 inch and provides excellent coverage. Many other mats are smaller leaving areas of your tub exposed. And while other mats are solid creating a moist underside (which can accelerate mold growth), our mat features small holes throughout to allow water to circulate.
  • ANTI-BACTERIAL: Antibacterial and Mildew Resistant, BPA Free, Non-Toxic, Phthalate free, Latex Free, No Toxic Smell. Plus, all of our mats come with a 10-Year No Questions Asked Warranty. If you are at all unsatisfied with your product, please contact us (through Amazon if past the standard return window) and we will be happy to assist you. At the end of the day we want our customers to be happy!
  • MACHINE WASHABLE: Our durable mat is machine-washable to facilitate hassle-free maintenance. To clean at any time, simply toss the mat into the machine and enjoy its fresh appearance.
  • !WARNING: Prevent Falls: Secure suction cups before each use. Mat will only attach to clean, smooth surface. NOT FOR USE ON TEXTURED, TILED, OR NON-SMOOTH SURFACES. Do not use bath oils - may cause slipping.

Description

COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS

CAN I USE THIS ON MY TILED OR TEXTURED TUB/FLOOR? Unfortunately, No. To Prevent Falls: Secure suction cups before each use. Mat will only attach to clean, smooth surface. Not for use on textured, tiled, or non-smooth surfaces. Do not use bath oils - may cause slipping.

MY LAST BATH MAT TURNED YELLOW? Do you have well water? Iron in well water can occasionally turn bath mats yellow. Otherwise, your mat should remain exactly like the color you purchased it. Either way, if you ever have an issue, please contact us directly.

CAN I REALLY PUT THIS IN THE WASHING MACHINE? Yes, you can. Simply throw in your washing machine on cold with gentle detergent (no bleach). Air dry.

WHAT IS YOUR GUARANTEE POLICY? We have a 10 year no questions asked return policy. If you are not happy with our bath or shower mat for any reason, we will provide you with your choice of a replacement or a full refund. You ask and we shall return!!! Please contact us directly if the Amazon system will not allow you to return past 30 days.



I'm very grateful to have found this product. I was worried about slipping on the wet surface of my shower stall and now my fears are gone. The mat holds onto the shower stall with nice mini suctions. It fits my stall perfectly and does not cover the drainage hole. Even if it did that would be okay as the clear plastic mat has holes in it as part of its design. I'd gladly buy another one of these if I needed it.

My husband is a bit unstable these days and he needed something with a better feel for his feet. This mat is perfect. The size is great for our small shower stall and the suction cups grabbed the tile first thing and haven't moved yet! Very comfortable. Exactly as described.

I got this for my laundry tub where I bathe my dogs and this works great! Before I got the non- slip mat, they did lots of slipping around but no more! It’s a little too big for the size of my laundry tub but I just let it go up the sides and it works just fine.

I saw a few reviews, where people complained about the "grip" ... if you do as it recommends, it works fine and is very "solid". Only install on smooth floors, clean the shower floor thoroughly first, machine-wash the mat on cold, install it solidly (with it still damp). Ok, I'm too lazy to "hang-dry" it everytime, but I've been using a "soft" shower mat for years, and this one works very well! It looks good and was shipped quickly too. VERY happy with it!

My husband is disabled and has a hard time standing in the shower without slipping. This product has become a lifesaver. Now I don't have to worry as much when he goes into the shower.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment