Saturday, May 25, 2019

DampRid Hanging Bag, Fresh Scent 16-Ounce, 3-Pack

DampRid Hanging Bag, Fresh Scent 16-Ounce, 3-Pack

DampRid Hanging Bag, Fresh Scent 16-Ounce, 3-Pack

This product has been working great . As for the smell it’s horrible wish i would have gotten it unscented . But it’s working so that’s all that matters too me

This stuff is crazy effective. I don't know how it works but it does. I hung one in my car after leaving windows down in the rain. The bag filled up with SO MUCH water. I put another one in there and it is filling slower which proves they work. The first one sucked up the bulk of the water and the second one is absorbing slower cause there is less water in the car now. I also hung one in my closet and under my kitchen sink after I cleaned out the mildew. It has been 2 months and no mildew has returned and the bags continue to fill up.

In the bathroom it is a miracle worker. I have wood floors that are susceptible to rot. I keep one of these in there and it fills up so quickly. Before I had it my products in the bathroom were getting condensation on them and the woo floors were swelling. I didn't know how simple the solution was. This product SOLVED the problem. Highly recommend.

A friend recommended these to me & they work great! I would wake up and feel like rooms in my house were damp - they were according to the full bags of water! The only negative is the smell of the Fresh Scent. It smells like poison mixed with mothballs. I had it hanging next to my daughter's jacket and had to rewash it because it absorbed the smell. I hang them in the corners away from clothes now and rarely smell the scent now that they've been up so long. Anyways, these things are great otherwise.

This stuff is amazing. I live by the ocean and all of our leather shoes, purses, even some clothes and jackets were getting a white mold residue. It was awful! We found these on amazon by accident looking for other odor fighters. Gave them a try. They fill with actual water in the air... fast in our case. Now we have them in every closet. They also have a fresh smell that permeates the closet. We can't live without them now. Wish they were cheaper as we use a lot of them. You will not believe your eyes when you see how much water these things collect.

My closet used to smell like something between the basement of my grandmother's house and the back of the archives at my old university library. Now it just smells like what someone's idea in a laboratory somewhere of 'fresh' should be. Like a cross between that windshield wiper fluid methanol-like fresh pretzel smell at the mall and what a 'fresh batch' smell would be from a show like __ Bad. Which isn't bad, it's just 'fresh'.

These hanging bags work well- I can see the water they are pulling out of the air in my closet.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • DampRid hanging moisture absorber packets, ideal for eliminating odor in closet odor clothes closets, bathrooms, laundry rooms, storage closets, basements, garages, boats RV's and more
  • DampRid hanging moisture absorber packets provide an easy solution to protecting items and fabrics from excess moisture
  • DampRid hanging packets are designed to hang in closets and other closed spaces, effectively eliminating unpleasant, musty odors caused by moisture and leave a light, pleasurable scent in its place
  • DampRid hanging moisture absorber packets won't dry the air excessively to damage plants, furniture or other household goods
  • DampRid moisture absorbers last up to 60 days depending on temperature and conditions.Product Form:Pellet

Description

DampRid hanging moisture absorber packets are designed to hang in closets and enclosed spaces to protect items and fabrics from excess moisture that causes damage. DampRid packets last up to 60 days depending on temperature and conditions. DampRid packets eliminate the unpleasant, musty odor caused by moisture and leave a light, pleasurable scent in its place. Suggested uses: clothes & linen closets, bathrooms, laundry rooms, storage closets, basements, garages, boats, RV’s and more.



We lived in a rental apartment with some really shitty window insulation. Last year we ended up with two inch thick layers of ice on the inside of our apartment (our master bedroom has a sliding glass door & two huge windows). We used some plastic insulation but we were worried that it wouldn't be enough to combat the condensation, but rather that we'd end up locking in pools of water between the plastic and the window and ruining the wood & growing mold.

We slipped one of these between each plastic and window & so far they've worked wonders. Last year at this time we had to keep towels under the windows to sop up all the dripping water. This year the water is being trapped in the hanging bags instead! We still have two months left to go before this stops being a huge problem, so we may have to replace the bags if they fill up. But condensation is almost nonexistent!

I love the damp rid products! We live in an older farmhouse with the typical older farmhouse basement. It always smells old, musty, and was always damp. When I started using Damp Rid products it really made a big difference. I have allergies to everything so I used the fragrance free the first time and it worked great. The smells were all gone, the dampness was gone. With fragrance free there were no heavy cover up smells like some products have. Since then I've been using the fresh scent ones, they do everything the fragrance free ones did plus they leave a light fresh scent.

I have tried a lot of humidity busters lately, and this is the best one of its type. They all seem to take a couple of days or more to show any water in their collection areas, and this took a couple too. But from that point on, it filled with water faster than any other product, including any from the many different sizes I bought in the same brand.

All such products do take quite a while to work compared to, say, an electric dehumidifier, and don't remove nearly as much moisture. They can be pricey, too. But when you need them, they are a bargain at almost any price. This one is the best of the bunch of probably a dozen different sizes and various brands I've tried.

Works well enough. I have a moderately moist basement. I used two bags inside a 800 sq. foot basement. Dampness went from an 8 to about a 4 thanks to these things. The 'crystals' in the bag tend to clump up and break through the bag, I think it affects the actual shelf life when this happens. This worked as a good temporary band-aid for me. My basement is too moist for this specific version of DampRid but I am glad I tried this product before committing to a more permanent solution. This product would work well for slightly moist places.

Damprid is great. It's definitely not going to pick up as much as a dehumidifier, but it does pick up allot of water. I have both the little containers and the hanging ones. It really helps to keep my cloths fresh. I am ok with this scent. The lavender / vanilla scented one was overpowering for about a week. That used to be a problem for me because my closet is right next to the bathroom. If you have a similar situation I would recommend a small dehumidifier with the Damprid. That's what has been working for me. I also plan on using one in my car when the rainy season is back.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment