Wednesday, May 8, 2019

RUGPADUSA, 2'x3', 1/4” Thick, Basics Felt + Rubber Rug Pad, Non-Slip Rug Pad, Adds Cushion and Floor Protection Under Rugs, Safe for all Floors and Finishes

RUGPADUSA, 2'x3', 1/4” Thick, Basics Felt + Rubber Rug Pad, Non-Slip Rug Pad, Adds Cushion and Floor Protection Under Rugs, Safe for all Floors and Finishes

RUGPADUSA, 2'x3', 1/4” Thick, Basics Felt + Rubber Rug Pad, Non-Slip Rug Pad, Adds Cushion and Floor Protection Under Rugs, Safe for all Floors and Finishes

Purchased this 1/2 inch felt rug pad with these specific dimensions (7' 10" x 9' 10") for an 8'x10' white shag area rug. I am using the pad on hardwood flooring. It and the rug are anchored by a sofa, loveseat and coffee table so it does not move about. Without this weight I think it might slide around on hardwood or tile floors. It does not have any non-slide or non-slip backing, but I was not expecting any and in this case I don't really want any.

It is a nice, cushy pad for a bedroom or cozy living room sitting area. It is a good quality material and is uniform in composition and thickness. I measured it to be 1/2 inch thick and the actual dimensions are 7' 9.5" x 9' 10". It was cut from a larger piece or roll as I can see measuring marks on the edges on the back side. There is also some stamped print on the back and I am hoping neither the stamp nor the likely permanent marker measurement lines transfer any ink to my light oak hardwood flooring.

The pad arrived packaged in a box folded in half lengthwise and then rolled. I expected the fold to take some time to flatten out but it laid down nicely out of the box and was basically flat within a day. The size is perfect for the shag area rug I bought and I did not have to trim it at all (sorry, cannot comment on ease of cutting with scissors).

I bought the 6x9 pad to go between my area rug and the hardwood floor. Just so you know, the untreated soft side goes down against the floor. I got lucky and the pad was a perfect fit, so I didn't have to do any trimming. But a good quality scissors is all it takes to cut off any extra. This is a thick pad! It's almost half an inch of cushioning. I'm am very pleased with this pad and I didn't realize what a big difference it would make. My inexpensive rug feels like a million bucks under my feet it and looks terrific! My pad arrived both folded and rolled, but it flattened out easily. There was no strong odor. This is an excellent pad and I recommend it without hesitation.

I have been using rubber no slide pads under my rugs but it was like walking on a flat hard surface. I had never used a felt like pad before. It arrived in a box rolled up but relaxed quite easily after being spread out on the floor. I ordered the 1/2 inch and it measures exactly 1/2 inch. It is a synthetic felted mat. I did a "burn test" and it is synthetic. It has a scrim (smooth, shiny side) and a softer side. I placed the softer side next to the floor because it seemed to grab and not slide in this position. I placed my rug on the pad and drew around. I then measured 2 inches in and drew another line for my cut line. I used a board and a carpet knife with a new blade to cut the carpet pad. I placed the board under the cut line and the blade slid through it very easily and continued working my way around the pad. I only had to cut 2 sides. I recommend cutting the pad 1-2 inches smaller than the rug. The corners of my rug are in the room's traffic pattern so I cut a small triangle of carpet tape and secured each corner just in case the corners flipped up when the kids came through the room. I am thrilled with the cushiony feel of the rug with this pad and I just love taking off my shoes and letting my toes walk on this soft cushioned surface. This pad makes my moderately price rug feel like a very expensive one! I am going to buy this pad for the rest of the rugs in my home!

This rug pad is amazing. We bought a thin rug for a good price and a thick rug pad was essential. This rug pad elevates a cheap rug into something cozy and desirable. It arrived rolled up and packaged in plastic (no damage), and it stayed rolled up (and folded in half) in our guest room for 2 weeks. When we finally unpackaged it, there were no remaining creases or evidence of having been stored for a while. It laid flat. It was about 3 inches longer than our rug (we didn't measure it, so I'm not sure if our rug or the pad was slightly off), and it was easy to cut to size once the rug was on top. It truly makes our rug feel plush underfoot. My husband keeps commenting on it. Despite its thickness, it isn't heavy for one person to move. Our rug is thin and lightweight, but the pad keeps it in place on our hardwood floors (doesn't shift around). If we buy a rug pad again, we will try to buy the same one.

I bought the 9x12 pad and it's nice and thick, well priced and arrived quickly, but and yes there's a but, unlike one review, it was a b---h to trim. I used several scissors, blades etc and I could have chewed the excess off easier. Why they have to send a pad 9.6x12.6 for a 9x12 rug i have no idea but a cutter should have come with it!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • FELT + RUBBER: Non-slip felt + rubber rug pad designed to be used with all rug types.  Felt surface layer adds cushion while rubber lower layer prevents slipping in any direction.
  • NATURAL RUBBER BACKING:  Our felt + rubber rug pads are made with natural rubber rather than latex for better grip in high traffic areas.
  • DENSE CUSHION: 1/4'' thick felt offers moderate cushioning without bulking. If less cushion is desired, choose the 1/8'' felt and rubber option.  Felt surface layer has a rough feel to grip rug backing and prevent rugs from slipping off pads.
  • SAFE FOR ALL FLOORS: Natural rubber backing can be used safely on hard surface flooring such as hardwood, laminate, stone, tile & more.
  • CUSTOMER SATISFACTION:  you'll love this rug pad, and If you aren't absolutely satisfied with your purchase, return it within 30 for a full refund or reach out (via amazon messaging) to and we will be happy to assist.

Description

Our premium felt rubber rug pads are made from 100% recycled fiber content, which is compressed into a 1/4 of an inch thick pad, tough enough to stand up to the heaviest traffic, also adding extra comfort and protection for your rug and all types of flooring surfaces. They also meet the credit requirements for USGBC LEED Rating Systems. Felt rubber rug pads are an excellent choice for noise reduction and are also hypo-allergenic. RUGPADUSA Basics Felt rubber rug pads will also preserve both your rug and your floors and are the leading choice for 100% premium felt and rubber rug pads.



We are using this pad on 122 yo hardwood floors under a nice area rug and are very pleased so far (3 months of use thus far). A pad we previously purchased from ANOTHER vendor & company arrived damaged and scratchy. THIS ONE IS SOFT and seems like it's a good fit for flooring you want to protect. Also, the company contact was quick and very helpful. After the order was placed, I gave them the exact dimensions of the rug and they trimmed it accordingly at no charge. (This is a huge bonus as cutting such a pad at home is very difficult!)

Selected two large size pads made by the the Mohawk brand for the thickness of the pad, quality workmanship and the Mohawk reputation as I knew that I with their years of experience in the trade that I was getting a quality product. Though this particular pad lacks a non skid backing my rugs are heavy which together with the thickness of the pad keeps these in place and they do not move around but stay exactly whete we put them. Am so happy with them that I am going to purchase a couple more for two smaller area rugs in my home. The rug pads were carefully packaged and arrived in excellent condition, rolled in heavy plastic.

What I was hoping for to use under our flat weave rug. The biggest selling point was the fact that I didn't have to worry about air quality issues with any off gassing that you would find with standard pads. I was hesitant to pay this amount for a rug pad but so far it's worked out great. It doesn't slide and adds some cushion to the rug as well as sound proofing for the room. I knew based on reviews that there would be some overage. It was the perfect length for our rug, however I had to cut about 4" off the width (long side). I used my very sharp fabric scissors and found it to be a bit challenge. I can't imagine using anything else (craft scissors or an box cutter) so keep that in mind when it comes to trimming it down. I also had to add some shims under some furniture pieces that had their back legs off of the rug to account for the .25" difference in height from the rug to the wood floor.

This is my third rug pad purchase. High quality felt rug pads extend the life of your rugs and provide a luxurious look and feel.

Most rugs need no more that 1/4" - 3/8" pad. Thicker is usually not recommended, and may actually look strange. I use 1/4" on a fine wool oriental, a lovely shag, and a very inexpensive polypropylene that, with the pad, loos like the best rug in the house.

For best results, trip the pad to fit 3-4" smaller than your total actual rug size. Soft rugs need less trimming, as they tend to drape naturally over the pad edge. Stiffer rugs need more trimming and may even require taping the corners for a few days to encourage the rug to relax. You want to allow the edge of the rug to drape naturally over the pad without presenting a tripping hazard.

I ordered the 0.5in thick rug pad for a 100% viscose rug. It makes a huge difference, as we have little kids so we sit on the floor a lot. Cutting it was super easy with sewing scissors -- not sure what challenges the others had. ?? One note that may be helpful, as I deliberated this in ordering -- I ordered the version without the nonstick background (since the nonstick options were all thinner) and imagined we'd need to order a thin non-stick rug pad for beneath it. The 8X10 rug and pad are heavy enough (despite not being held down by furniture) that they don't slip or move around, so I'm not going to bother ordering a non-stick pad for beneath it.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment