Saturday, June 1, 2019

Zeiss Pre-Moistened Lens Cleaning Wipes 200 Ct

Zeiss Pre-Moistened Lens Cleaning Wipes 200 Ct

Zeiss Pre-Moistened Lens Cleaning Wipes 200 Ct

Update 2019 04 15: Excellent reorder sold by Adventure M fulfilled by Amazon -- a single 200-count factory package, manufactured within the past 3 months (this year). Worked as expected, doesn't get better.

Beware old lots that are too dried out, and return them for replacement or refund. My first order of 200-count in 2018 01 18 sold and fulfilled by Better Services Stores came in 2 boxes of 60 and 1 box of 80. The first box of 60 I opened was lot code 1611022001, and those wipes had too little fluid -- even after a lot of effort, they could only manage a halfassed job. The second box of 60 I opened was lot code 1705101523, and these wipes had plenty of fluid and worked as expected. The third lot of 80 I used was lot code 1706151105 was the same. Apparently the first six digits of the lot code are the date of manufacture, so my first box of 60 was manufactured 2016 November 2 (14 months old), the second in 2017 May 10 (8 months old), the third 2017 June 15 (7 months old), and that 6-month difference was critical. Therefore, I strongly advise checking lot codes upon receipt and returning any over 12 months old.

All authentic wipes I recieved were Copyright Carl Zeiss Vision International GmbH (Germany), distributed by Carl Zeiss Vision San Diego (CA, USA), and made in China.

For as long as I can remember, to clean my glasses I've always used a bottle of solution and a microfiber cloth I get from my eye doctor. I'd be cleaning my glasses with this method multiple times a day, as whatever grease that came off the lens stays in the cloth until you wash it and would just stay on the lens until you wiped it up again... cyclical process.

But these wipes are the best. I only have to use one once, maybe twice a day. They're super handy and I can keep them in my wallet or in my car for whenever I need them. They clean well, don't appear to be harmful to my lenses or frames, and the alcohol smell is not overwhelming. If you wear glasses 90% of the day like I do then these wipes are a MUST.

These are the only wipes I'll use to clean my glasses, they are able to wipe away all the dirt and grime and leave my glasses feeling new again. Some other reviewers have mentioned that these sometimes leave streaks, but I've only noticed that when my glasses might be extra greasy from my skin. To solve this, you just have to quickly pre-wipe your glasses with a microfiber cloth (or even just your shirt), then when you use the Zeiss wipe all the dirt and grime will be gone!

Also, if you have a clear phone case these wipes help prevent your clear case from yellowing when cleaning your case.

I take these with me. I hate so much as a spot on my sunglasses. Open a pack a couple of swipes and that’s it. It dries almost instantly. Removes not just the dust but the oil from the lenses for your face better than even washing with soap and water. I don’t even use the soft cloth to buff the lenses that come with most high end sunglasses anymore. These are just that good. Fantastic for cleaning my laptop, iPhone and iPad screens as well. No bidding necessary. Excellent product!

Great one half of a two part cleaning system. I used to just use just microfiber cloths for my glasses etc. but what I found was that all too quickly the microfiber cloth gets gunked up with stuff and it no longer cleans well, and washing them even by hand seems to be hit and miss. So what I do now is that I'll use these wipes to get all the stuff off the lenses, then use a microfiber cloth to buff them. I've noticed that the cleaning wipes tend to leave just a bit of residue, however, that might just be it diluting and spreading around whatever stuff was already on the dirty lenses. It's probably more expensive than buying a bottle of lens cleaner but it's much more convenient. There's also the peace of mind that every time you clean your glasses you are starting with a new perfectly clean wipe. Where as a microfiber cloth gets dirty you are just rubbing junk back onto the lens. It's also very easy to put a few in various places so you always have what you need to clean your glasses etc.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Pre-Moistened lint wipes that provide thorough cleaning from all kinds of dirt gently by removing bacteria, germs, fingerprints, dust, oil, and smudges.
  • CONVENIENCE: Disposable pre-moistened wipes make it quick and easy to safely clean optics lenses.
  • LENS CLEANER: Does not contrain artificial fragrances to safely prevent streaks and bacteria from spreading on eyeglasses and sunglasses.
  • STREAK AND SCRATCH-FREE: Non-abrasive, antistatic micro-fine tissue cleaning wipes that leave zero scratches, streaks or marks on eyeglass lenses.
  • OPTICS WIPES: Wipes designed to clean all lenses like sunglasses and eyeglasses.

Description

The ultimate convenience in cleaning for eyeglass lenses and high quality optics. Safely and quickly clean eyeglasses and sunglasses plus other optics including lenses on cameras, webcams, cell phones, binoculars, microscopes and many others. Easily remove smudges and dirt. Safe for use on lenses with anti-reflective coatings. High-tech ammonia-free formula cleans effectively without leaving streaks or residue. Directions Gently brush away dust and dirt with the folded wipe. Unfold the wipe and gently clean the surface with circular movements until the surface is clean and dry. Warnings On glossy surfaces, test a small area first. Single use only, please use new wipes as needed. A dirty or dry wipe can scratch. Keep out of reach of children. Not for use on contact lenses. Contains isopropyl alcohol. Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs rinse eyes thoroughly with water.



For many years, I used the highly popular $7 lens pen to clean my camera lenses - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007G5NNOW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007G5NNOW&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=RONOER7GF4SIDQ7V

I recently read some very informed opinions about proper lens cleaning - photographers with 30+ years experience recommending lens wipes instead of a reusable pen.

Why? Although these pens claim to be reusable, their testing found that dirt and oils stuck to the pen across cleanings - which means, after the first use, these pens are more effective at scratching your glass than cleaning it.

Willing to try anything once, I gave their opinion a shot, and purchase these wipes.

After using a single wipe to clean my lens, which I had just cleaned with my lens pen....All I can say is that I've thrown my lens pen away. My glass had started to look worn and damaged - but it turns out that that was entirely due to the lens pen failing to clean it. One lens wipe later, and my glass looks brand new.

Although it feels inefficient to switch away from a "reusable" product to a single use one, consider: Given that these wipes only cost 7 cents per wipe, and your lens costs several hundred to several thousand dollars... it's well worth the minuscule investment to clean them properly!

I hope you found this helpful! Feel free to ask questions in the comments below

8/5/14 UPDATE

I received my first box ordered through Amazon I didn't receive what was pictured or what was described I got a brown box which was my first clue I didn't get what I thought I was getting. Inside contained these cheap plastic bags with clips with a plastic slider that broke the first time I opened it. Holding 20 wipes each. Looks like I will be returning to the big box store for these after all. When you factor in these bags they actually are costing me more. I would rather stock up on the larger quantity and get a better value on just the product I want. So dropped a star because of that.

I just learned these wipes are sold here on Amazon this morning when looking them up for a friend. I have been buying them at the big box store locally. As I use them on my eyeglasses, Kindle Fire, T.V. screens, and mirrors. on my glasses or kindle screen they are big enough I can
clean off dust and smuges with one side then polish with the other side
bigger surfaces I use two wipes on.
As a life-long eyeglasses wearer there are a few things I know some
cleaners don 't work well on. Make up, fingerprints, sweat, and tears.
These wipes do a great job. I also like that they are so easy to carry along. I will soon be out of my supply and will be ordering them here.
I highly recommend them.

Glasses are a finicky thing to keep clean; one tiny smudge and I won't stop noticing it in certain lighting conditions. I've tried microfiber cloths with water, cotton shirts with my breath, etc., and there's really no alternative to a nice alcohol-based wipe.

With these wipes, I open up a package, get a whiff of the almost-knock-yourself-out amount of alcohol scent, then wipe both sides of my glasses, then fold it in have, rub a couple more times back and forth, then dry/polish the lenses with a soft cotton t-shirt. Makes glasses spotless every time. No more streaks!

I buy a package of these every few months and keep a few in different parts of the house, and a couple in the car/bags because they're so handy when you drop your glasses, one of your kids touches them, or you accidentally get something on them going about your daily life.

I echo many of the other reviewer's comments. These wipes work well and much better than others I've tried.

They are not the perfect attractors and removers of all dust and grime though. If you just go to town rubbing back and forth across the lens, it will smear more than remove. Instead I wait 10 seconds for the wipe to dry slightly, use it lightly as a brush to first get all the big particles off. Then do no more than one wipe horizontally across each face of the lens, with one clean section of the wipe each time. Works 95% of the time with no need to redo. The rest of the time I need to rewipe, which sometimes leaves a wet streak or bit of a hazy fog.

- The wipes are sized well, more than adequate for my sunglasses: 6"x5" unfolded, 1.5"x1.0" folded, 2.2"x2" of the packet.
- There is a nice convenience of having a clean wipe each time, rather than the re-usable cloth with a spray bottle.
- The amount of moisture is a little on the higher side than I'd like, but it evaporates quickly when exposed to air. I would say you have no more than a minute before all is gone and it's useless.
- You don't need scissors to open them, but you do need a firm grip to tear the end off. There's no pre-cut edge to work from. Inside is a foil-like interior, no doubt to retain the moisture.
- The wipe feels like a very thin piece of soft paper in the end, and dries harder after use. I've had no problems with scratching, though it's certainly not microfiber-soft. These are typically used for my Maui Jim polycarbonate sunglasses lenses.
- My wife complains about the smell of alcohol, though it's not such a big deal to me.

Overall, the wipes are very good. I bought this box of 200 and will continue to use them. But they are not perfect the answer I was hoping for.

I used to use Windex and cotton pads(80 pads for $1) to clean my glasses. I did this for years and it worked great and was cheap. However, my last pair of glasses, which were my first pair of bifocals, I started getting streaking because the coating(s) were being stripped off. It started slowly, after about a year, but after several more months, it became too much for me, so I got new bifocals.

I knew I couldn't use Windex to clean my new glasses. LensCrafters gave me several cleaning wipes that worked great, but were too much $ for me to use everyday. I searched the Web for advise on how to clean glasses. I tried mild dish soap and warm running tap water, then drying with cotton pad, but that was always too smudgy for my likes, maybe because of the impurities in tap water. I decided to search Amazon for wipes similar to the LensCrafters ones. These Zeiss wipes are basically the same thing but for much less money.

WARNING!!! some dusts can be very abrasive. I often rinse my lenses under warm running water and very gently rub any dust or grit away with my fingers. Then I blow off excess water with my mouth and clean with these wipes. They are usually crystal clear. If there is a slight smudge or haze remaining, I give a couple of quick breaths to the lens to get a tiny bit of moisture, and quickly buff away with a clean, new cotton pad. I also use the wipe to clean the nose pads and frame, as well as my cell phone and computer sometimes.

My only minor complaint is that the wipes are about 2-3x bigger than I actually need, and I hate being wasteful. I can highly recommend these lens wipes, but remember to gently rinse away excessive dust, or use the edge of the folded wipe to pick up light dirt, before unfolding and rubbing your expensive lenses.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment