Monday, July 15, 2019

AmazonBasics Quick-Dry Towels - 100% Cotton, 3-Piece Set, White

AmazonBasics Quick-Dry Towels - 100% Cotton, 3-Piece Set, White

AmazonBasics Quick-Dry Towels - 100% Cotton, 3-Piece Set, White

I don't understand the negative reviews. They scared me and I probably spent two hours scouring darn towel reviews where there were no complaints about the towel fraying/unraveling after one wash or clogging up their dryer with lint. After realizing how ridiculous it was that I spent hours reading towel reviews for one darn towel for my child, I decided on these since they were reasonably priced and I typically trust Amazon (except I don't know what the deal is with fake reviews lately).

First, the towel is thick enough and very soft even after the first wash. We haven't used it yet, so I can't comment on how absorbent it is. I'm sure it will be good enough for government work.

Next, we washed it which is what made me want to come here and review it before using it. They absolutely do not frey and do not seem like they are going to anytime soon. I washed the towels with a normal load in hot water and dried them on high heat. Nothing snagged and I don't see major issues with shrinking around the seams (maybe a little bit). Also, there are no white spots. What a weird thing for others to have happen...

Lastly, the amount of lint was totally reasonable for a new towel. All new towels have lint... it comes with the territory. See pics. I included the lint ball for reference.

These are very nice towels. The lake blue color is beautiful. The towels are indeed quick-drying, soft and absorbent. The price is great for what you get. But I wish they were sold separately as well as in a set. I would like to own more hand towels and don't want to have to buy the wash cloth and bath towel in order to get them. Hopefully one day Amazon will sell them separately as well as in the set of three.

purchased for guest bathroom. Perfect set, perfect price. Locally a simple 3pc set in a reasonable colour was a royal pain in the butt. I like my amazon basics bedding, so decided to get the towels and bathmat. I'll get more amazon basics as needed, pretty happy with the quality and durability of that line so far.

These were MUCH nicer than I'd even expected. They are extremely soft, color is identical to the pics, size is as described and the thickness is perfect.

Was pleasantly surprised with these at this price. Super soft, extremely absorbent. After the first wash they soften up so much they feel a bit like microfiber cloths. Absorbent enough that they take up a lot of the water in the washing machine. I like the way the edges are bound, as they look like they will stay together well. They are noticeably more absorbent than the super lux 'resort hotel' type towels that cost me $50 each.
My criticisms are small but maybe Amazon will read. A few of these arrived with picks in the loops. Simple quality control issue. It wasn't difficult to trim them off, but I would prefer perfect condition on a brand new item. The first dryer cycle they do shed a lot of lint. I think that is pretty much true of all cotton towels but I thought it was worth a mention. Other than that I can't come up with a negative except that the towels should be available as single purchase items just like the washcloths are. If I need a replacement I might not want to buy a whole set.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 3-piece towel set includes a bath towel, hand towel, and washcloth
  • Made of 100% cotton for softness and tear-resistant strength
  • Lightweight; quickly absorbs moisture for a cozy feel; classic solid white
  • Simple band and border detailing adds visual interest whether folded or hanging
  • Bath towel measures 54 by 30 inches, hand towel measures 28 by 16 inches, and washcloth measures 12 by 12 inches
  • Made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, an independent certification system that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards.

Description

An Amazon Brand.



So soft! I do love the color. These have gone through an equal number of washes as many other towels I bought at the same time and these are the only ones that have maintained their softness. I wish they had at least a tiny bit of design though, a second hem or something simple would do wonders for their appearance.

One of the main things I love about AmazonBasics towels is that there that any annoying decorative band about 2 to 3 inches from the end of the towel. It always seemed like that stupid band was always in the way when I was trying to dry between my toes or something. None of that nonsense here! Just terry from one end to the other. I also like that they aren't too heavy. I guess I would describe them as Goldilocks towels - just right. I will definitely buy more for all of my bathrooms. Great value. Great product.

Since my toddler has started to feed herself, I needed more kitchen towels. After hours/days of online research for kitchen towels, I purchased a set of the white Amazon hand towels along with a different set of white cotton bar mop towel. While these are more plush (better suited for bathroom hand towels), I used them anyways for wiping down a messy toddler’s mouth/face/hands/feet, the counter, the high chair, the kitchen floor, and even toys/sippy cups that became casualties of meal time. Verdict: love these towels! They absorb so much, rinse out clean, and remain soft and plush even after several months of rigorous use! We have not noticed any fraying or excessive fiber lost since the initial washing (which wasn’t that much more lint than any other new towels). My toddler’s face thanks Amazon for these amazingly soft and absorbent hand towels. As for the other cotton bar mop towels, I have only used them a handful of time since purchasing them to wipe up water spots around the kitchen faucet. These however are used everyday in our kitchen. Would definitely purchase more.

These towels mark the end of a LONG search for towels that are quick drying and high quality. They don’t get the mildew smell that our other, heavier towels got and are extremely lightweight. However, they are the most absorbent towels that we have tried. My wife has very thick hair and she says that these towels have drastically cut down the amount of time she has to blow dry her hair each morning. They have gone through a few washes and the color has held up. They are light colored anyhow (we got platinum, white and sea foam), and are beautiful. No pilling or fraying after a couple months of regular use and washing. We have tried at least three rounds of “the best quick drying towels” and these were amazing. Highly recommend!

There were several negative reviews for these towels which I find puzzling. The towels are plush even after washing and absorb like a charm. They do their job well. For the eight piece set you roughly pay $3.33 per item and I find them s uperior to department store towels I have bought on sale for the same price. They’re not Potty Barn quality but you aren’t paying pottery barn prices so I think that if you view this within realistic expectations you will be pleasantly surprised. I will be buying more.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment