Wednesday, July 17, 2019

GDEALER 2 Pack 20 Feet 60 Led Fairy Lights Battery Operated with Remote Control Timer Waterproof Copper Wire Twinkle String Lights for Bedroom Indoor

GDEALER 2 Pack 20 Feet 60 Led Fairy Lights Battery Operated with Remote Control Timer Waterproof Copper Wire Twinkle String Lights for Bedroom Indoor

GDEALER 2 Pack 20 Feet 60 Led Fairy Lights Battery Operated with Remote Control Timer Waterproof Copper Wire Twinkle String Lights for Bedroom Indoor

Wanted a safe way to light up the gas fireplace and 2 strings of these lights worked perfectly. I especially like being able to turn them off and on with the remote.

I've never written a review on Amazon before, but feel the need to post one for these lights.

We have been shopping for string lights for our cabana for over a year. Shopping in stores became frustrating. All of the lights were either WAY too expensive for poor quality, weren't waterproof and were too bright.

I came across these lights on amazon one day and decided to purchase them because I was so sick of shopping for them. I am SOOOOO happy with this purchase! The quality is fantastic, the lighting is a soft warm glow, the measurements fit our cabana perfectly, they're waterproof AND come with a remote control. Plus, the price was fantastic. The dealer contacted me as soon as the lights were delivered to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase, which was a first for me.

I HIGHLY reccomend these lights to anyone! I will definitely be purchasing from this dealer again.

I purchased in late April 2018. It's now late August 2018. I guess a classic example of you get what you pay for... While I was initially happy & impressed with the lights -- one set has died already after 4 months. This string made it only through one cycle of batteries. Once the first set of batteries died, the string stopped working altogether (only 3-4 bulbs near the base would flash dimly). I tried replacing the batteries and confirmed them functioning properly in the 2nd set -- some sort of chip malfunction. I am currently using the 2nd set and will update accordingly. I don't expect that I'll see more than 3-4 months of life from these either. Disappointing.

UPDATE: I reached out to the company and they were very responsive in sending out a replacement set of lights. It took a couple weeks to receive, but I'm grateful that their internal policy is a 1-year warranty. Thanks

I purchased these lights on a lightning deal without having decided for sure what to do with them. I knew I would not use them for some one night extravaganza, because my household doesn't work that way. I wanted lights for Christmas without the big electric bill or the cords everywhere. In that sense, I got what I wanted. I would have preferred multicolored lights, but the price of these white lights convinced me to go with clear ones.

I am arthritic and cannot climb to hang outdoor lights anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't want them out there. I definitely do. I decided to decorate my trellises because I can (barely) reach the tops of them from the nice flat ground. I went outside with a roll of Christmas gift-wrapping ribbon to secure the lights to the trellis. I was delighted to discover how flexible copper wiring is. I have never had reason to work with it before and discovered I don't need a single other thing...except, of course, the 3 batteries for each string, which I had already installed. I shoved my ribbon and scissors back into my pocket.

The plastic battery box, once it is loaded with 3 AA batteries, is too heavy to simply hang loose off the lights the way an electrical plug-in would do, but by pure excellent luck there was a lateral fencepost by my trellises that created a natural shelf, so I just stacked them on it and left them there. In the late afternoons as dusk starts to descend, I get my little remotes (stored indoors) out and turn on the lights. At bedtime, I turn them off the same way.

As advertised there are several different settings. I chose the one that blinks very slowly and gives off a softer, more yellow light. Once they are set, the lights will automatically go to the setting you last chose when you turn them back on. I used two lights and used the same setting for both, which is good because the same remote will turn both of them on and off. I mention this in case you have it in mind to do something fancy and large scale that involves consecutive waves of lights cascading on and off. I am not certain you can do that with these, but my needs are simple and they work fine for me.

Here are the drawbacks: first, those batteries. I ran my lights 12-14 hours nightly for a week, and then the batteries were shot. Had to go out and replace them. That basically means that in two weeks, I went through 12 batteries for two strings. Ouch! If you are planning a more extensive light display, you will need to buy even more batteries, and there's no way to connect the strings, which means every strand's batteries must be replaced weekly or thereabouts. Also, consider the elements with regard to the battery boxes. We had a couple of pretty windy days here in Seattle. The battery boxes were exposed to rain, snow, and at one point I knocked a thin layer of ice off the battery box that was on top. So they will put up with a fair amount of weather. However, my fence is only about 15 feet from my front window; it's an urban location, and so the batteries are fairly sheltered there, between the house and the fence. If yours will be in a more open location and subject to extreme weather, I have no idea what will happen. Maybe they'll snap off the wire; maybe they'll be fine; maybe some third thing I haven't thought of will happen. But for me, this worked out okay.

Now once again consider the remote control and its role here. I was lucky; although I was not able to turn on my lights from the covered protection of my porch, which is about 20 feet away from the battery boxes and also at an angle, I discovered that I can hold the remote right up to the window glass, since the lights are exactly opposite my front window, and work them from inside the house. For me that's pretty cool, but for you, if your lights won't be within a direct line of 15 feet or less from an inside window or covered location, you may get tired of stomping out into the damn rain or snow twice a day to turn these things off and on. You can just leave them on of course, but then you may have to change the batteries even oftener.

As the season draws toward its close, I am divided as to whether I will use these lights next year. I have a lot of perfectly good electric lights in my garage, but then we have electrical cords, and we have high electric bills. And those lights are far from foolproof themselves, as most of us already know.

When push comes to shove, money will decide this thing for me. I want to compare my December electric bills from this year and last year, which I cannot do until my bill arrives (which will be too soon in any case). I figure my two weeks of copper light strands cost me 12 batteries, and my box of 20 Amazon batteries cost $8.99. I suspect my electric bill will show a difference of more than $10 saved this way, so even if I'd used up that whole box, it would be cheaper than electric lights. But then again, I may find I am mistaken. But if indeed these lights have saved me money--or if they have broken even with what I spent to run my lights last year--I will stock up on batteries and use them again.

These are cool! Worked perfectly! The copper wire gives you a lot of options for arranging and I like that they are smaller than traditional Christmas lights. I have a one set of 2 on a 7.5 ft mantel and they look amazing!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Waterproof & Portable: With the small IP67 waterproof battery box(2*2. 7inches), you can easily carry and place the led moon lights(NON PLUG-IN) anywhere you like(batteries not included)
  • Timing function: to avoid forgetting to turn off the lights, you can set timer, The fire lights will be 6 hours on and 18 hours off per day. This function help you do a control
  • Easy operation: with 13 keys remote control and 1 button on the battery box, you can adjust the brightness or switch to in Wave/sequential/slot glow/ flash/slow fade/ twinkle/steady
  • Wide application for indoor/outdoor: these fairy lights are waterproof and perfect for spicing-up your decor or setting the mood for Christmas, Thanks Giving day, Halloween parties. Great for use in a restaurant or Small business
  • with CE certification: If you are not satisfied with the product, please don't hesitate to contact us in any time, we'll try our best to solve your issue

Description

FAIRY LIGHTS



Love these, but people who say the battery pack is small enough to fit in the lid of a jar must have HUGE jars. I have a 1 quart Mason jar and there is NO way the battery pack would fit in the lid. It worked out fine, because I have garland around the base of the jar, so I just hid the battery pack in that. But do not expect the battery pack to fit in the lid of the jar, unless the lid is gigantic. That being said I LOVE these lights. The best part is once you choose your favorite 'pattern' (for the lights to blink), you can press the 'timer' button on the remote and they will run for 6 hours. Then the next day they will come on at the exact same time and run for 6 hours. LOVE that feature as I don't have to think about turning them on (which I rarely would have). Overall I would recommend these lights. If I had one wish it would be that they figure out a way to power them on smaller or less batteries so that the battery pack could truly be hidden in the lid of a jar.

Amazing they right up my room fairly well however I do not know how long these lights will last because they are literally led and copper wire only it doesn't have an outer plastic layer to protect it but so far so good!

These lights are exactly what I needed - I love that they have a timer and a remote. Though the copper wiring is very fine it is durable. I'm a bit hard on things and the wire held up well, now I wouldn't move and twist constantly because I'm sure they won't last if you do. I'm using them in a space that I have no intention of moving. Oh best of all, you can't beat the price - oh and they arrived early too!!!

Very happy with this purchase. I’m using these for window boxes on the second floor. It came with a remote for each strand (2), But you can use one remote for both if you want. The timer function is perfect! I turned them on, and pressed timer for each one, the lights blink when you press the button so you know it registered. I thought I would need to do this daily, but I was pleasantly surprised to come home the next night to see they had turned on by themselves at presumably the same time I had pressed timer the night before. They stay on for 6 hours per the instructions, I haven’t timed it.
I have them on the dimmest setting and they are still bright enough from the street about 25 yards away.
I can’t vouch for durability or battery life, I have only had them outside about a week and it has only rained, no snow or ice yet.
The color is a warm white, as in barely just a hint of yellow. It’s not super warm colored, but definitely NOT that cold blue white that led or fluorescent lights can be.
My window boxes are about 30” across and one strand per container is just right.

 These lights are AMAZING!! I have them intertwined in a mosquito net above my bed. Adds for a very ambient atmosphere. The lights don't get hot at all, which is great in case I forget to turn them off. They come with a remote, which can be used for multiple strands, should you purchase more than one. There are 8 different lighting choices, and a way to dim and brighten. You may also set a timer. Definitely recommended!!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment