Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Hario V60 Paper Coffee Filters, Size 01, Natural, Tabbed

Hario V60 Paper Coffee Filters, Size 01, Natural, Tabbed

Hario V60 Paper Coffee Filters, Size 01, Natural, Tabbed

Hario has brought a second manufacturer online to deal with massive demand, but the finished filter is inferior to their original manufacturer. This pack comes from the better of the two, at least as of February 2016.

There are two styles of drippers, so be sure you select the right type of filter to match. Look at the Hario style dripper versus Melita as an example. I use a true pointed cone style, as opposed to the "cone" style that has a flat (straight edge) flat bottom. I use three of these a day and I find them to work extremely well. Unbleached to avoid the residual chemicals from bleaching process in my coffee, which do change the flavor. The are very strong and do not disintegrate easily so can move them to the compost bin easily with no concern it will fall apart. I cannot find this style of drip paper filters in my local store so consider when buying your dripper. Size 1 is adequate for single serving pour (1-2 tbls ground coffee max) but does not extend to the top of the dripper container. Size 2 reaches about 1.5" above the dripper container.

This is a solid method of brewing coffee; not just some trend and an excuse to buy the latest contraption. We use this product everyday both at home and at our small coffee shop. This filter gives just the right amount of filtration. Exceptional.

Compared to Chemex = Chemex filters out more of the oils (less desirable for me, though still an exceptional coffee) 4.5 star
Compared to Aeropress = Aeropress gives a lack luster coffee, drab at best (own one but it is safe in the drawer next to the waffle iron that never gets used) 1 star
Compared to French Press = French Press leaves all the oils and small particles in your cup (not my favorite method) 3 star
Compared to Keurig = Keurig no comparison (plus you pay as much for a cup of coffee as you do at your local independent - and all the plastic waste - WHOA!) no star
Electric Drip = no comparison 1 star
Mocha Pot = This is perfect for those who want an espresso without the cost of a espresso machine and much more reliable. 4.5 Star

Hey - buy the the filters with the V-60 pour over. BEST COFFEE BREWING METHOD! Hands down.

My wife introduced me to the Chemex pour over style coffee brewer after we had used a cheap, automatic brewer for years. Yes, there is quite a bit more work involved, but definitely worth it.

She brought home a Hario brewer as I often just make coffee for myself during the week and this is a fantastic system for someone looking for better control over their coffee and a better end product. I use this setup generally five days a week and ordering a couple of hundred filters gets me through most of the year. These come individually bagged in sets of 100 and are easy to store and use. I'd definitely recommend these to someone who enjoys a good cup of coffee and is willing to spend a little extra time brewing their own.

One last suggestion - step your game up and get an inexpensive kitchen scale. This allows me to weigh out my coffee grinds (freshly ground of course!) and water to get the exact concentration I'm looking for. I would eyeball this in the past and a kitchen scale, which is easy to use, gives me consistency.

We settled on these to use with our Clever coffee maker. These were mentioned in on a coffee blog where they tested different filters to see what type of after taste they imparted on the coffee. This particular brand and style was found to have the mildest influence especially after a pre rinse. We've gone through a few hundred of this filter type now with no issues. The are also less prone to tearing than the Melitta filters.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Hario V60 cone shaped disposable paper filters for pour-over brewers
  • Each filter is for single time use
  • Contains 100 disposable natural tabbed size 01 paper filters
  • Capacity of Size 01 is 1-2 cups
  • Designed in Japan to fit the cone shaped Size 01 dripper

Description

A pack of 100 Hario filters, designed for the cone-shaped 01 coffee drippers. The Hario Ceramic Coffee Dripper brews a great single cup, but you need to make certain that you are using the right filter to achieve the desired results. The bottom of the Hario No.1 and No.2 filters comes to a point, which fits with the overall design of the brewer and extracts beautifully. These are the 100 packs.



This is my fourth order of the Hario H60 #2 filters. This is the second set I've received with the little tab that helps to open them. Yes, the ones with the tabs are thicker and a little slower than the first sets I got (non-tabbed). I simply adjusted my grind accordingly and I'm still making great coffee.

Be sure to re-order about 1 month before you deplete your current stock if they are shipping from Japan. This latest order arrived just in time!

Five stars because I have absolutely nothing to complain about. No ripping, easy to fold and pop into the V60, good coffee in my cup...

My setup is somewhat unorthodox. I bought the Bodum pourover coffee setup. The permanent filter for that is just... not... good. So I tossed that, but kept the carafe and just put my V60 on top, with these filters. It's a little wonky, but I like it.

I have _not_ tasted the water that filters through to see how strong the paper flavor is coming off of it. So I can't speak to that. But I don't notice any paper flavor coming through to the coffee (note: I am of course rinsing the filter before brewing). I also haven't done any standalone measurement of the flow rate of the filter itself. Instead, I just adjust the grind size to get to the flow rate I'm aiming for.

So you might say I'd need to do both of those things before really rating these five stars, but.... I don't feel like doing either... I'm happy with the results I'm getting from these filters and will be buying these again when my current stash runs out.

I purchased these filters to go along with the Hario V60 01 Dripper as an option for decent coffee while camping. Tastes a lot better than instant coffee or the coffee in a tea bag thing...even when you don't have the perfect coffee nerd gooseneck spout pot. I'm happy with it for camping, and even took it on a backpacking trip.

These filters fit that dripper perfectly once you make the fold along the seam, which the instructions tell you do. The filters in the pack are consistent in sizing and construction, did not impart any taste to the coffee that my normal coffee palate could discern, and do the simple job they are meant to do.

My only con, and the reason for 4 stars, is that this is a high price for this number of filters. Clearly they know there is not much competition around this particular filter shape.

These fit my Hair V60 coffee maker perfectly! I can't believe I've wasted money on automatic coffee makers and k cups all this time. Manual coffee making is far superior. My only complaint is that I can't find them at the grocery store. Thank goodness for Amazon.

very good filter and good value. Easy to use.
I have been using these filters for a few years and have not had any problems. First I fold over the seam using my index finger and thumb in one motion. Then I relieve the folds so the the filter fits neatly into the Hario funnel. Then I wet the filter with hot water before adding freshly ground, not quite espresso fine, coffee.
This item ships promptly from Japan and may take a while once it enters the US.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment