Tuesday, July 2, 2019

MCS Frame, 3.5 by 5-Inch, Black Format 12-Pack, 3.5 x 5 Inch

MCS Frame, 3.5 by 5-Inch, Black Format 12-Pack, 3.5 x 5 Inch

MCS Frame, 3.5 by 5-Inch, Black Format 12-Pack, 3.5 x 5 Inch

Very nice, easy to use plastic frame. Used these mixed with 8 x 8 frames from the same company for a wall display of bird photographs. The glass is very nice and is far superior to some of the clear plastic used in some frames. Something to keep in mind; since they are front mounted the photo is displayed full edge to edge. Unless you are using a matte or printing on oversize paper and trimming down to 8.5 x 11, the area of the 8.5 x 11 sheet that cannot be printed will be visible as a border. I just standardized that border at 1/4 inch on all the photos and it looks fine. I also liked that the same company provided a wide variety of frame sizes in the same style. Why only 4-stars? The shipment arrived very well packed but three of the six frames had cracks in the plastic at the corner. I have seen that noted on other reviews. I contacted Amazon and they sent a new 6-pack without requiring the return of the damaged ones. The replacement arrived very quickly with no shipping charges, in the replacement box all the frames were OK but one piece of glass had a chipped corner. Just replaced it with a piece from a damaged frame in the original order.

These are not luxury, high-end frames: they're simple, plastic snap-ins. However, if you're decorating on a budget, they're the answer to your prayers. I needed 12 frames for a reading nook project, but there is absolutely nowhere in town to get an item like this without spending a lot of money, so these were perfect for my purposes. In no time at all, I had my pictures snapped in (no glass breaking, no plastic cracking) and the pictures ready to hang-- I did that whole part while sitting on the couch. They're very lightweight, so I just hung them with thumbtacks instead of nails; I'm a renter, so this was also a bonus for me. Even with the thumbtack-hanging job, they don't appear to be going anywhere, lie flat against the wall, and don't get crooked or uneven. The glass/plastic in the frame doesn't really glare (these are by a window), which is nice. Again, these are not for a high-end project in a prominent place, and they wouldn't look right alongside expensive frames. If you know your budget and what you're planning to do, then you'll know if the style is right for you. As for quality, I'm very happy.

I bought a six-pack and they arrive unharmed. The frames seem sturdy, but the backing is just a bunch of hard plastic lines. The glass is front popping, while I'm not gonna move the frames too much, they seemed to very easily pop off when I was getting ready to put my posters in but nothing has broken so far. The only thing that makes me worried is the tiny 2 mm part of the frame that keeps the glass in, that's all that's holding the glass back. The frames made my posters look very cool and the slight depth of the frames from the wall made for a great effect with my lighting. I only had a bit of a problem cleaning the glass, it's prone to streaking as it's not like most picture frame glass, I believe. Overall it was a great buy for the money

Ordered these frames to display some movie posters I recently purchased. Fine frames, feel like they’ll do a good job protecting the poster behind glass. That’s a plus, I like frames with real glass covers. Feels much better than that cheap clear film. That’s also the rub here though, of the 6 pack I ordered. One frame had a small nick in the corner of the glass. Nothing too visible so I dismissed that as no problem. Another one unfortunately didn’t do as well. The corner of the glass was cracked off. Hoping the seller will ship me a replacement for this one of the 6. Don’t want to return all 6 when only one is faulty.
So, 4 Stars instead of 5 because of damage probably occurred in shipping. The box they arrived in seemed much larger than necessary. I’m sure the smaller box of frames inside did a lot of jarring and dropping en route to me.

These picture frames were perfect for adding a wall of uniform looking pictures. I wanted a full wall of a "through the years" theme displaying all my kids' school pictures. These were perfect for display, making the picture the star and not the frame. After reading others' reviews I was a little concerned that the frames would be chipped or damaged in some way but I have used all of them and all were in perfect condition.

Each frame comes wrapped in it's own protective plastic and can be used for wall hanging or setting on a shelf. They are front loading and easy to pop out, place your picture in and then pop back in. For those pictures that may have been trimmed a bit too small, the black cardboard that is in each frame hides that flaw well when place behind the photo.

Pros
Easy to put pictures in
Black cardboard backing hides any gap from trimming photo too small
Frames were individually wrapped to protect them from damage
Simple frame makes the photo the star instead of focusing on the frame
Frames can be used to display photos on wall or on shelf
Each frame comes with a tab and instructions to make is a free standing frame
Works with a photo mat if you want one
Simple to hang. The frame has holes to hang horizontal or vertical
Frame is light enough you can use a push pin to hang it from

Cons
If you change from hanging to sitting on a shelf you will need to take out the photo and put back in upside down. The way to attach the tab for the stand uses the same hole that you would use to hang on the wall so the top of the frame would then be the bottom if moving from wall to shelf. It's very easy to just pop out the photo and put back in, but it still would be nice to change your display decision without taking your photos out.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Includes 12-3.5x5 Inch matte black format frames
  • Frames have a thin black profile
  • Frame features front loading design with polished edge glass
  • Frames are ready for wall hanging either vertically or horizontally and include a snap-in easel for table top display
  • Purchase several for a gallery or collage display

Description

MCS classic format frames are simple to use and easy to hang. To put your picture in the thin edged frame, you just pop out the smooth trimmed glass, insert you picture and pop the glass back in the frame. The frame has molded openings in the back so you can mount the frame either vertical or horizontal. Clipped to the back of the frame is an adapter to make the frame into a standing frame (instructions included) this is our most popular picture frame of all time, the format frame is always in fashion and is always the right price. Format is a registered trademark of MCS Industries, Inc



Great frames for the price, with one caveat. Nice design, displays full image (i.e., is full 8x10, not 7.5x9.5 as in most other frames). Note, however, that the glass has a very very slight grey tint; this tint is probably not noticed by most customers, but if you're a photographer who has spent a lot of time getting the print's color, brightness, etc., just right, you may notice that the tint, and the glass's reflection, cause your print to look slight dull and a wee bit grey.

I made a large photo wall and needed a lot of frames. I bought these in multiple packs of all sizes and they worked wonderfully. For the price you really can't go wrong. The only little problem I had was when you insert a mat the glass doesn't close as tightly (it opens from the front) I would definitely buy this again.

This review pertains to the "MCS 8x12 Inch Format Frame 6-Pack, Black (65638)"

The 8x12s were shipped with a 14x22 2-pack from a separate order placed at the same time. Packaging ensured items were secure (no possible shifting during transport). All items arrived intact and within schedule (start of week as opposed to end of week).

I luuuuuurve the front-loading feature of the 8x12s. It's a matter of "popping out" each of the four corners, inserting display item and popping the corners back in. Doesn't matter if display item is portrait or landscape, the frames may be hung or displayed on a flat surface either way. The frames are also lightweight and an initial test indicates no strain when using "Command Decorating Clips, Clear, 40-Clips (17026CLR-40ES)". Have not yet hung frames as yet, but am pleased I won't have to drill holes in wall.

The design is simple (another reviewer described it as 'minimalist') *thumbup* and will not detract from the display item. The design, IMO will also facilitate better integration into whatever decor currently exists.

I will definitely be ordering another set (not just because I have more items to display) but I think this brand will be my go-to for hard-to-get (an 8x12 is difficult to find at my current location and a single frame is close to the price of this 6-pack ) frames.

Would recommend this product to others.

I was skeptical about the frames when ordering, but when they arrived, these were of good quality and consistent conditions. They were wrapped well and arrived in good condition. The frames are plastic with a glass front. The glass pops out easily to allow you to insert your photo. Once the photo is mounted there is a slim and almost disappearing border around the photo. The hardest time I had was figure out a layout and getting them aligned well on the wall. Other than that, a good set all together and I have purchased two. One for my office as seen in the pic and one for home. I may also give one to my mom with my kiddo's pics as well already placed inside and ready to hang.

While I love these for my Scratchboard art because they snap in pretty perfect to size, the reason for the 4 stars is the plastic tab that is for standing the frame up is not well thought out, doesn’t go into place easily if at all, so I have resorted to using them for hanging only. They do have good hanging framework either portrait or landscape. They are plastic so consider that but overall have a very clean minimalistic look that work for my art.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment