Saturday, July 13, 2019

Progressive PKS-200 Brown sugar container, 1 Piece, Clear

Progressive PKS-200 Brown sugar container, 1 Piece, Clear

Progressive PKS-200 Brown sugar container, 1 Piece, Clear

Finally found containers that for all my baking ingredients that function for me. This sugar keeper is one of several Prokeepers I purchased over time after being satisfied with the first flour keeper I purchased. They all hold full bags of contents they are intended for. No more storing the extra 1/4 - 1/2 a bag because it doesn't fit. They are airtight, clear, easy to open, easy to grab, and fit nicely side by side. I am an organizing manic. I love these containers. To date, I have 5 Prokeepers; flour, sugar, powdered sugar and 2 brown sugars. As soon as my budget allows I will be ordering more for different flours and smaller ones for baking soda, etc. If there was anything that could be better, I would say to put the measurements on the short side of the containers. I store mine with the short sides facing out, it's easier to grab and store for me. But it's a miner detail, I'm fine with them regardless.
UPDATE 12/04/2016: Regarding the Brown Sugar Keeper, as some other reviewers mentioned in their reviews, I am now experiencing problems with the stone. The stone included with the keeper not only turns the sugar white but is also creating hard clumps of sugar. I replaced it with the brown sugar stones that I was using before I purchased these keepers. I am no longer having that problem and can only conclude that the stones that are included with the keeper are low quality. For that, I am removing a star.

For a 5 lb bag of coconut flour perfectly, airtight seal and good quality! Bought five of them and may get a couple more!

Have been looking for kitchen canisters for a while and this was the first set I found that was designed with function over aesthetics but still looks sleek and midern. Each canister was designed for what is intended to go inside it.

the flour container holds the average supermarket size bag of flour and has a leveling bar I have had no issues with this container yet.

The brown sugar container comes with a terra cotta disc that is supposed to help keep the sugar soft I followed the directions for the disc but a month or so later when I went to use it the first time since opening it was hard but the container is still fantastic

The sugar container has a pour spout which I do not like. They way the lid is recessed it causes super to get trapped and makes it hard to close the spout lid and makes the top dirty.

The confectioners/powdered suger container has a leveling bar for scooping and a shaker spoon for dusting cakes cookies ect That snaps into the lid. The sugar still gets everywhere but that's what powdered sugar does

I havnt found a use for the 2 small containers yet but there both as sturdy as their larger counterparts and they have a removable shaker/leveler insert

Overall, i love these containers. I used to use the OXO push top containers, but decided to try these out because of their unique features. I have had them for a month and really like them, but haven't used them a ton. Will update after i've used them more.

PROs
• Love all the special features unique to each container.
• They stack nicely with each other.

CONs
• I wish the flour & sugar containers were bigger. They each fit a whole bag, but i like to keep more around since i bake a lot.
• On the brown sugar container, one of the pegs that holds the clay moisture thing broke the first time i used it.
• The lid is heavy & the container falls over if it isn't very full.

Seeing as I now own five of the coffee containers I figured I should write a review. These hold at least a pound (I'm thinking slightly more as my last purchase was supposed to be a 1.1 lb bag of beans and it fit fine). I have never needed the included scoops but remembering how hard I used to hunt for short-handled scoops that would fit inside my containers I'm glad they are there. I have heard that coffee beans should be kept out of light so I hope the tinting on these is adequate. Coffee doesn't last long around here so it may just not be a problem for me.

The only real problem with these containers, as pointed out by other reviewers, are the giant labels front and back which are stuck on with industrial glue of some sort. Peeling them off will not work, hot water doesn't work; however I have had luck soaking them in Goo Gone, waiting a while, and then scrubbing them off with a rough sink scrubbie and hot water.

As for the price, Amazon has these for an okay price (which I have actually seen fluxuate up and down a bit), but I have found them for less than $10 locally, and not even on sale.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • SUPERIOR QUALITY: The Prepworks by Progressive Brown Sugar ProKeeper storage container combines high quality construction with a silicone seal for air-tight storage
  • RECOMMENDED STORAGE USE DIRECTIONS: Soak the removable terra Cotta disk in water for 15 minutes, pat dry, then snap it under the air-tight lid to keep it from drying out (repeat every 3 months to keep sugar from drying out)
  • EASY-TO-READ MEASURMENTS: The 1.5 quart storage container has Measurement markings clearly display remaining brown sugar and also includes an easy-catch latch that holds the lid tightly closed
  • PATENT PENDING DESIGN: The patent pending stainless steel hinges swing wide open for no-fuss access to fill or measure and will fit into the dishwasher for easy care
  • 2-POUND BROWN SUGAR BAG CAPACITY: The Prepworks Brown Sugar ProKeeper will easily hold a 2 lb. Bag of brown sugar with room to spare and measures 6.5" L x 5" W x 5.5"H

Description

The Prepworks by Progressive Brown Sugar ProKeeper storage container combines high quality construction with a silicone seal for air-tight storage. Just soak the removable terra cotta disk in water, then snap it under the air-tight lid or place it directly in your sugar to keep it from drying out. The 1.5-quart storage container has measurement markings clearly display remaining brown sugar and also includes an easy-catch latch that holds the lid tightly closed. The patent pending stainless steel hinges swing wide open for no-fuss access to fill or measure and will fit into the dishwasher for easy care. The Brown Sugar ProKeeper will easily hold a 2-lb. bag of brown sugar with room to spare and measures 6.5"" L x 5"" W x 5.5""H.

For over 40 years, our mission has been to create innovative kitchen tools and gadgets that make food preparation fun and fast while inspiring culinary creativity. From our thinstore collapsibles to our sophisticated PL8 line, our dedication to providing quality products supported by superior customer service continues to drive our creative development today.

At Progressive International, we continually strive to understand the needs of today’s cooks. Our team includes talented, energetic and passionate people committed to reimagining the kitchen. We strive to pass our passion on to our consumers through our thoughtfully designed tools, layered with our avid desire to go beyond the expected. 

Our philosophy is simple: offer stylish designs complimented by no-nonsense functionality. We understand the kitchen is the heart of the home, where families and friends connect. Our ongoing mission is to provide exceptional kitchen essentials that help cooks of all skill levels create meals worth sharing.

 Prep Solutions, Prepworks and PL8 continues to build on the Progressive legacy by offering products that make food prep faster, easier and more enjoyable.



I really like these containers, and for the most part they are designed well.

Pros: Seal really well. Thoughtful design. Sturdy.
FYI the Flour and sugar and brown sugar are perfect. We go down hill after that.

Con: The powder sugar container does not hold a full bag of powder sugar. ???Ah what was the point of designing the others for the bag size and not this one. (Shipping size I'm sure.)

Also the last two containers, though not specifically designed for baking soda and powder, really should have. I got the soda in there, but i don't think a completely full box would fit.

In addition the lid makes them pretty top heavy, but thats what makes them seal so you can't really complain about solid construction.

To solve my powdered sugar problem, i bought another sugar container for it, and put cocoa in the powdered sugar container. Works for me.

I love that they are air tight and that they fit entire bags. I also really like the bar for leveling off the flour (though I don't feel like the placement is ideal... it feels like it's a little too low and I have a hard time getting a full cup and still leveling it), and the brown sugar moisturizer (that's why I bought it in the first place; I was tired of my brown sugar drying out), and the powdered sugar shaker (though it's usually an absolute mess to fill it and store it).
I do wish they were all a little bigger so I didn't have to fill them as often. But in all, I think it's a good product and have considered purchasing for a gift.

I'm not entirely sure what to do with the small ones that came with it. They don't seem to have a great purpose. They're just barely too small to hold cocoa and baking powder/baking soda already come in pretty convenient containers.

This is a really well designed storage container for flour. I also use OXO pop tops for some things but this is more specific to flour with its little scoop leveler bar.
What I like~~
*Excellent seal yet easy to open
*Leveler bar is simple and essential
*The shape and size work well for me and my cupboards, others of the same products stack nicely
What I don't like~~
Not much. Just wish it was a little bigger but it does easily store 5# bag of flour.

4 stars for 2 reasons. 1) it could be a little bigger. I use whole bean, and takes up more volume than ground. But i will still use it bc it's better than the one i have. 2) the labels on both sides of cannister. Must be an older model bc company is now putting their labels on inside with minimal to no sticky. Luckily, i have a trick up my sleeve to remove such sticky mess. First..remove the most of the label you can. Then use any cooking oil, warm water, soapy wash cloth. Pour about 1 tbls of oil ontop of sticky area, rub in circles your soapy washcloth until all is removed, then wash thoroughly in warm/hot water. Tada! Its work, but worth it.

This thing is great! Usually I don't go through a whole bag of coffee very quickly, and I have to be super meticulous about pushing all the air out and wrapping it up, then double bagging it with a double seal ziplock bag to try and keep it fresh. It's a hassle, and time consuming especially when I'm in a hurry.
I saw this while browsing storage containers one day and decided to give it a try. Why not, right?? I'm so thrilled!! I've had the same bag of coffee in this container for a few weeks now, since first week of jan to be exact, and it's still just as fresh and wonderful as the day I dumped it in! I only put in one bag of coffee but it could easily hold 2 I firmly believe. The lid seals very tight and keeps it nice and perfect! I plan on buying more of this brand of storage containers for flour, white sugar, rice, the works! If it works this well on coffee then I am a believer that the other canisters will work awesome as well!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment