Monday, July 29, 2019

Tom's of Maine Whole Care Fluoride Toothpaste Spearmint, 4.7 Ounce, 2 Count

Tom's of Maine Whole Care Fluoride Toothpaste Spearmint, 4.7 Ounce, 2 Count

Tom's of Maine Whole Care Fluoride Toothpaste Spearmint, 4.7 Ounce, 2 Count

Tastes Like Red Hots Candy! Just less sweet. Good strong clove & cinnamon flavor. Mouth feels clean & fresh without mint!

Do you know how hard it is to find flouride toothpaste that is NOT MINT? ...considering you’re looking at this page you probably do...

Mint is everywhere in tooth products. But mint flavors started to set off my morning sickness last year. And immediately re-living your breakfast after brushing one’s teeth isn’t exactly conducive to good mouth hygiene.

Finding this toothpaste was difficult. I’m so glad I did. I’m no longer dealing with morning sickness, but I’ve kept using this toothpaste because I like it that much!

I will never go back to mint so long as this flavor is available. They can pry it from my cold, clenched maw (which will be notably strong & clean having used this toothpaste!)

I have been using Tom's of Maine Cinnamon Clove toothpaste for about 8 years. I had been buying it from Whole foods, which was the only place that I could find it. Our closest Whole Foods is about 2 1/2 hours away, so I would buy several each time. Looking at Amazon several weeks ago, I found that I could order it and was delighted to not have to buy it only when I was going out of town. I have had great dental checkups while using it and it has no salicylates, which I can't use because of being on fibromyalgia protocol. Great cinnamon taste, too!

- This has a very nice cinnamon+clove flavor, enough to make brushing pleasant, but not so much of anything that it burns.
- Toothpastes I've seen in the stores are mint, and for some weird reason, more and more mint has been going into the, to the point where they literally burn my mouth and make the entire inside of it peel overnight. Even a big-brand cinnamon I had tried was actually a cinnamin-mint combination, for some weird reason, and that, too, was harsh.
- This Tom's of Maine cinnamon+clove, though, has *zero* mint, plus it doesn't seem to get as "foamy" as other toothpastes. It just WORKS like toothpaste is supposed to, without being at all harsh.
- So, even though the cinnamon is a bit expensive, it's what I'll continue to use and re-order, because toothpaste works better when I can actually *use* it.

I ordered two tubes of Tom's Whole Care and was accidentally sent two tubes of the Minty Fresh instead. I needed to open one of them because I had run out of toothpaste, so I figured I'd just keep this kind even though it wasn't what I wanted. I contacted Amazon about the mix up just to let them know and they replied within a half hour. They told me to keep the Minty Fresh tubes and they would send out two Whole Care tubes with one day shipping. And they did! Excellent customer service.

As for the toothpaste, I like it. It's nice and light and seems to do the job. I don't notice any whitening yet, but I like that it doesn't have a bunch of harmful chemicals. I gave it 4 stars because there isn't much of a minty flavor in the Whole Care, so my mouth doesn't necessarily feel as fresh as when I use a mint toothpaste. It probably is, but I'm just used to that fresh feeling. The Minty Fresh paste is good, but doesn't have as many benefits as the Whole Care. Maybe I should use a bit of each at the same time to get exactly what I'm looking for. Either way, I really do enjoy the paste and am happy with the purchase. I will continue to use Tom's even though I don't have to order for quite some time now.

I've been using Tom's of Maine toothpaste for months now, and it's worked great. No irritation, good quality, and no issues. I buy it because it's certified cruelty free (through PETA), natural, and is partnered with Terracycle for free recycling. You set up the Terracyle on their website, and get free shipping labels to send it to them. This way, it doesn't end up in landfills. I recommend this product and company.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Tom's Whole Care toothpaste uses naturally derived silica to whiten teeth. It also fights cavities, freshens breath and helps prevent plaque and tartar buildup with regular brushing
  • No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
  • No animal ingredients and no animal testing

Description

Tom's of Maine Whole Care Toothpaste - Spearmint Natural. Anticavity & tartar control plus whitening Contains fluoride for cavity prevention, zinc citrate to control tartar, silica for whitening, and cinnamon and organic clove oils, all for a fresh, clean-feeling mouth. Tested without the use of animals. Does not contain triclosan; saccharin; artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colors, or flavors; or animal ingredients.. Whole Care means a naturally clean, fresh-feeling mouth. Refreshing natural flavor - Real peppermint oil, not artificial sweeteners like saccharin, leaves your mouth feeling clean and fresh. Fights cavities - Naturally sourced fluoride remineralizes soft spots on teeth before they turn into cavities. Controls tartar - Zinc citrate, a naturally occurring mineral, interferes with the calcification of plaque into tartar. Gentle whitening - Natural silica (derived from sand) improves cleaning and gently whitens without bleaching ingredients or harsh abrasives. Clean, sustainable planet. Active Ingredients: Contains: Sodium Monofluorophosphate (0.13% w/v Fluoride Ion) (Decay prevention. Source: Fluorspar) Inactive Ingredients: Glycerin (Moistener. Source:Vegetable oils), Water (Consistency. Source:Maine Aquifer), Calcium Carbonate (Mild abrasive. Source:Purified calcium), Hydrated Silica (Stain Removal. Source:Purified silica), Xylitol (Flavor. Source:Birch trees), Carrageenan (Red Seaweed) (A thickener. Source:Seaweed), Spearmint Leaf Oil, Peppermint Oil (Flavor. Source:Mentha spicata/piperita), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (Dispersant: Source:Derived Coconut oil), Zinc Citrate Trihydrate (Tartar control. Source:Purified zinc), Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) (Mouth freshness. Source:Purified sodium) 4.7 oz



I got this because I brush my teeth before bed and the strong mint flavor in most adult toothpaste causes me to become more alert (kind of a mental jolt), making it harder to get to sleep.

I love Tom's toothpaste in general. This is a nice flavor, and it doesn't jolt me awake.

"Does not contain triclosan; saccharin; artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colors, or flavors; or animal ingredients."

I like it. I also like that it has *Fluoride!!* "Fights cavities - Naturally sourced fluoride remineralizes soft spots on teeth before they turn into cavities."

I have been using Fluoride toothpaste for 70 years with no problems, except for several years when I tried to do without. The anti-Fluoride people are nuts (basically they don't understand chemistry). Remineralizes soft spots. This is real. (You have to have enough calcium in your diet). When I didn't use Fluoride, I had no improvement in my health, but i did get lots more cavities.

I had been using Colgate Total for years. I was having coughing fits every time I brushed my teeth. The coughing eventually turned into full blown asthma attacks. I did some research. It has been in journals as far back as the 1990's: some toothpastes trigger asthma. There seems to be more than one ingredient that triggers asthma. I switched to Tom's and no more asthma attacks. Teeth feel just as clean.

I really really hate mint flavored things with a passion, I've been using different cinnamon toothpastes for a few years now, I wasn't after Tom's when I bought this, but it was the only thing I could find in a store at the time and I've been keeping stocked up on it with Amazon ever since! Great natural taste, effectively cleans, affordable, and I haven't gotten any cavities yet so that's a good sign!

I normally use Tom's of Maine Cinnamon toothpaste but decided to give the Orange Mango a try this time.

So far I really like it...it has a great flavor and leaves my mouth feeling super fresh and clean. I also like that it doesn't have a super minty taste like most other toothpastes! Sometimes mint flavoring can make me a bit naseous especially when brushing my teeth first thing in the morning when I just wake up so this is a nice alternative.

I would highly recommend this toothpaste especially for people looking for one without the typical mint flavoring. I will definitely be purchasing more of this orange mango and also more the cinnamon just to change things up a little!

Loving this toothpaste so far. I had gotten Tom's sensitive toothpaste before and did not like it, but this Whole Care is fantastic. Makes my mouth feel clean, the size of the tube is good and the price fair. It is my go to toothpaste now.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment