Sunday, July 28, 2019

Utopia Bedding Premium Zippered Waterproof Mattress Encasement - Zipper Opening Mattress Protector (Twin)

Utopia Bedding Premium Zippered Waterproof Mattress Encasement - Zipper Opening Mattress Protector (Twin)

Utopia Bedding Premium Zippered Waterproof Mattress Encasement - Zipper Opening Mattress Protector (Twin)

I have little kids that occasionally wet their beds. They also still like to sleep with me at night. Last night, my daughter’s pull up flooded all over my bed. Everything was wet- sheets, blankets, even a pillow. You know what wasn’t wet? My mattress. This waterproof cover is the super bestest waterproof cover I’ve ever bought. There was SO MUCH pee in my bed, it would have destroyed my mattress if I didn’t have this cover on it. I’m buying a second one now because I didn’t think ahead about having a backup while the other one is in the wash. Buy this product!
Update 11/20/18- there have been soooo many incidents in our bed with our kids having accidents that I’m seriously grateful to have this amazing mattress protector. I did buy a second and both kids twin mattresses have two each. You really need this!

Deep vacuumed the carpet. Dusted headboard, nightstand and dresser. Vacuumed the air registers and blinds. Still congested and blowing my nose all night and having horrible sleep. Causing increased snoring and tiredness during the day. Saw this while browsing Amazon. Gave it a try because of the low price. BOOM. It was my mattress all along. Not even a sniffle and no tissues in the floor from blowing my nose through three night. Kind of gross thinking it was the mattress. Had something like this years ago, but it didn’t work well and was noisy. I can’t tell this is even on. This will change my life. Thanks for the quick delivery and great value.

Update. 1/27/18. Started sniffing and getting congested again. Just bought a new one. Much cheaper than a new mattress. Lasted a little under a year. Well worth $20.

Great it you have a mattress that is at least 12-16 inch thick. mine was 10 inch and it was way too big

This was pretty easy to get on my brand new full sized memory foam mattress by myself. Since I got a new mattress, I really wanted to make sure it was in an encasement from day one to fully keep out bed bugs and dust mites, but I also wanted it to be waterproof/stain proof because I have two long haired cats that will occasionally barf on my bed. I think this does the job well. The only thing you have to be aware of is that waterproof things like this are made of synthetic materials and if your primary worry is that you sleep hot, then this will likely not be the product for you. I can live with it, but others may not be able to handle that.

The cover appears to do what it claims and I love that it offers full coverage! Zippers are sturdy and it was easy to get over my mattress. I haven't had any spills, so I can't attest to its waterproof ability, but the material sure seems like it could stand up against sweat, water, and other fluids/spills. When shifting around, there's a bit of a rustling noise because of the material used, but it's not annoying by any means (IMO).

My only gripe is that the slick material causes my sheets to shift out of place after a night's sleep. It would be nice if the mattress protector had a bit of texture so that it gripped the sheet, rather than slid over it.

Also, it's made for up to a 16" mattress, so if yours is smaller than that you will have bunching and ripples. I have a queen-sized, 12" Zinus and the protector is frequently bunched in the morning and there are always ripples underneath my sheet, no matter how tightly they're tucked. Not a big deal, but who likes tucking a fitted sheet under the mattress again... and again...annnnd again? A textured top might help with that, but maybe I should've just gotten a smaller-sized brand.

I'll keep using this for now, but I'll probably purchase something that doesn't slip as much down the line.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Fits Twin sized mattress perfectly with dimensions of 39 inches by 75 inches featuring deep fitted pockets to adjust to a 13 inch mattress depth.
  • Thick knitted polyester fabric is not only soft and breathable but also highly durable.
  • Stretchable and secured 360 degree by a mini-zipper with a zip guard; it protects the mattress from bedbugs, dust mites.
  • High Quality PVC TPU backing on all 6 sides of the cover makes it highly waterproof.
  • Machine washable and tumble dryable for easy maintenance.

Description

We bring you luxury Mattress Encasement Covers at an affordable price. The Zippered Mattress Cover features high quality seam construction and waterproof fabric. Zipper extends along three sides of the mattress, making it easy to install and remove. Cover will accommodate a mattress of up to 15 inches thick

Waterproof barrier on all 6 sides of the mattress
Elegant tailoring and deep pockets fit mattress up to 15 inches deep
Protects against spills and stains
Preserves and prolongs the life of your mattress.
Machine wash on cold, Tumble dry on low.



We have a brand new $3k mattress, 2 dogs, and a 5 month old baby... So, that being said, we knew we needed to get something to cover our new purchase.
I am so happy with this!!!
I have purchased 'waterproof' sheets in the past (like when we first got our puppy and he was having a few accidents), and I was never a fan. The 'rubbery' feel of it never felt right, and because they don't breath, I would usually end up soaked in sweat when I woke up in the morning.
This is 100% not like that at all - I don't even know it's there!!! (Until my daughter spits up and I know that I have no worries)!
I saw a few remarks that it's "too big" and I think it fits perfectly. Almost all mattresses these days are deep weather due to memory foam or pillowtop, so the extra depth is necessary. My deep pocket fitted sheet fits perfectly over this, and you can't even tell it's there.

Highly recommend!

The instructions say lean mattress up against the wall, no problem. Step 2 says it takes 2 people to install mattress, I live by myself so when I found this out I was pissed. I wouldn't even have ordered it if I knew it was a 2 man job. I thought outside the box like they do in NASCAR and found a way to put it on the mattress. I went to bed and it looked kind of saggy and so I removed it and slid it under the box springs and turned it so I had some room. I then took and put 1/2 of the mattress on the box springs and shoved it down into the cover until I had both the box springs and mattress covered nice and tight. I haven't really seen too many bed bugs after I put it on so I would say it does the job very good. But I did something that I should not have been able to do but I did it anyway. It would be a good idea if in your ad you say it is a 2 person job. The box springs and mattress are covered and zipped all around then the zipper is hidden and then velcro is used to close it

I'm happy with my purchase. This is my second cover from this brand. The previous one is doing fine no holes, and rips in 6 months so far. I put the cover on my own, and it was not too difficult. You should know that if you buying this to protect your mattress from bed bugs you need encasement for the box as well. I made mistake buying only one for mattress, and we got bed bug infestation few weeks ago. Mattress is fine but we had to treat infested box with hot steam and later DE and put cover after treatment. My exterminator told me I'm lucky mattress is fine. Because it's harder to steam thick mattress. Also this product does not repel bed bugs (it just prevents them from getting inside of it). They still can live on top of encasement. But it is much easier to spot them and get rid of them with encasement. For example clean encasement with vacuum then treat it with 90% alcohol, and change it to new one (or even keep it) instead of throwing away your bed.

Really great product it is soft and it doesn't make that crunchy noise when you lay down. If you have a queen sized mattress i would buy a FULL SIZE protector just because i have 2 queen beds in my house, one is on the thinner side and this fit perfect and snug, and then my 2nd queen bed has an extra "cushion" on top so it is a thicker mattress, the QUEEN protector i bought it for that one and even though of course it fit it was super loose and that is not what you want when you want to protect your mattress. AND I bought a FULL sized one for my QUEEN box spring

It was a perfect fit for my pillow top 12 inch queen. I was able to put it on without assistance and without standing the mattress up. I am an old lady with less muscle tone than I used to have, I simply turned the mattress perpendicular to the bed and slowly shimmied the cover on - being very careful not to strain the fabric in any way. When I got to the end I slowly zipped it up and pushed the mattress back into position.

At first it had an ever so slight paper feel that I am pretty sure wouldn’t be there had I washed it first. I bought this because the fitted mattress covers I had wouldn’t grip the corners and floated under the fitted sheet every night. It made the bed feel like a sleeping bad on top of loose sand.

I don’t have toddlers or pets, I don’t eat or drink in bed, and so far my bladder still asks for permission first so I cannot speak to this cover’s ability to protect against moisture. I give it 5 stars for fit, fabric, and ease of installation.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment