Sunday, July 14, 2019

Zinus Memory Foam 10 Inch / Supreme / Cloud-like Mattress, Twin

Zinus Memory Foam 10 Inch / Supreme / Cloud-like Mattress, Twin

Zinus Memory Foam 10 Inch / Supreme / Cloud-like Mattress, Twin

I very rarely write reviews (although I should), but I had to for this mattress. This is hands down the best thing I've ever bought on Amazon, and trust me, 90% of everything I buy comes from here. I love this mattress so much I swear I've become a pseudo brand rep for this company. For the first week it was all I could talk about. When we starting shopping for a larger bed, I did A LOT of research. I looked for weeks and thought it was too good to be true when I found this online. I was also nervous because I've never bought a mattress without testing it in person, let alone one that comes rolled up in a box. My boyfriend is also very particular and likes a really soft bed while I like mine more firm. But let me just tell you, this mattress is everything it promises and then some. I kid you not, it is the most comfortable mattress I've ever owned. It is the perfect combination of soft yet firm. The fabric is so soft you could sleep on it without any sheets. You literally sink into the top like clouds. I'm not sure it's possible, but my boyfriend might love this bed even more than I do.

The mattress came rolled up and vacuum sealed in a box to our door. It immediately plumped up as soon as we took it out of the package and there was no smell whatsoever. On the packaging it says to give it at least 48 hours to plump up to it's full size, it didn't take anymore than an hour to be the full 12 inches. This mattress also comes with a warranty which is incredible.

We also bought our new bed frame from this company and it is just as incredible. Super easy to put together and really sturdy.

If you never buy anything off Amazon again (which you would be crazy for) you need to buy this mattress. Do not spend an absurd amount of money on one at the store. You won't regret it.

Photos below are before we received our Zinus bedframe which is just as amazing as this mattress.

Your search for the perfect bed ends here! I love the marshmallow cloud that loves me and will not hurt me lol!! I was seriously nervous about purchasing a mattress and even more so about doing so online. I am completely in love with this bed. It came fast and in double bags and a box so it was nice and clean/ easy to slide around. Perfectly firm and fluffy. It looks and feels beautiful, very soft fabric, not cheap at all and has no odor. I do not see how traditional mattress companies can stay in business with an affordable and wonderful product such as this. I also got the faux leather headboard bed frame, awesome as well! It is affordable luxury. It's literally like a mini luxury vacation every time I go to bed. No back pain, less waking up at night too. I was however surprised to how deep of sleep I was getting, dreams and just hard to wake up. believe me I'm usually a morning person/ light sleeper and up early but now I desperately want to hit the snooze and take siesta, every day... Anyway I also got two Zinus gel memory foam pillows for side sleepers, another great product. My husband and I are between 220-250 each and this bed completely supports us without sagging like some beds I tried out in person. And it's great that there is no motion transfer. I don't even wake him up rolling over or getting up. Great product, great price, why are you still reading buy one and get your pjs on! 😴💕 it will change your life!

Hopefully this review will help you decide between a Leesa memory foam and the Zinu Ultra.

Two years ago I replaced my conventional spring mattress with a Leesa. I had a coupon for Leesa and got their 10" mattress for around 600 dollars.
To be honest, I downselected between the Casper and the Leesa and instantly wished I had gone with the Casper. The Leesa was hard and never expanded to the full 10 inches although it did make it to 9. I slept on the couch a lot because it was more comfortable and the wife kept slugging it out on the Leesa. I must admit, after about a year the Leesa actually got much softer and more comfortable so in the long run, I have no huge complaints.

About two months ago a friend of mine pointed me in the direction of a Zinus. After I saw how cheap they were I fifured if it wasn't better than the Leesa then I would cut it up and use it for archery practice. I received the king mattress and I also bought the Zinus deluxe king bed frame. I opened up the mattress and let it expand for 3 full days. It actually took that long to make it to 12 inches. The Zinus is a full 3 inches thicker than the Leesa and it makes a huge difference.

From night one I was extremely pleased. It is like sleeping on a cloud and is waaaay softer than the Leesa (even after beating the Leesa into a softer mattress the last couple years). I waited two weeks to write this review to make sure nothing happens in a short time and also to make sure I wasn't going to write a spontaneous review. After two weeks, I am still extremely happy with the comfort and excellent sleep it provides.

In summary, if you want a very firm bed, the Leesa is the better choice. If you are a side sleeper like I am, I would avoid the Leesa. The Leesa is also lower quality and more than twice the price. Don't let the price difference fool you into thinking Leesa is therefore better, it is worse if you seek a cloud to sleep on.

The reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is because I have slept on "slightly" more comfortable mattresses in my life. But those mattresses cost over 2500 dollars and should not be compared to a 200 dollar mattress...and are not worth 2300 more either.

I will add one last thing. I almost did not buy this mattress because of many reviews stating this mattress is hard. Wow, these people have a way different concept of hard than my wife and I do. If the Zinus was much softer, I'd sink to the bottom and hit the frame! I would definitely recommend this one with the pillow top over the Leesa like green tea one. But that is pure speculation on my part based on reviews and foam composition.

I gave about 2 weeks before writing my review. Get this mattress, it is such an amazing deal !! My main concern when I was shopping for a memory foam mattress, was that most people were saying they were very hard. I did a lot of research and review reading here on Amazon. I had another mattress in my cart, and something made me get up in the middle of the night and cancel that order, and instead I got this one. I AM SO GLAD I DID !! What a dream this mattress is !! It's perfect in every way, including the price. I no longer wake in the middle of the night with painful, pulsating hips from sleeping on my sides. If you are a side sleeper, I can't recommend this mattress enough. I had a co-worker come by after I told her I had just gotten a new mattress, because she was also looking. Well, she ended up getting one of these for her son, and is planning on another one for herself !! It's really plush, yet very soft. I did end up also getting the recommended SafeRest Mattress Protector, that is worth the piece of mind knowing "just in case" any accidents happen (I have 3 cats), and I would be ok.
The mattress was pretty heavy, but I was able to push the box up the stairs and slide it down the hall to my bedroom. No issues opening it up. As for the smell, as I was opening it, I had a faint smell of what others have posted about, but after that, nothing. No smell really to speak of. I rolled it out on the floor as I still hadn't received the SmartBase. You can see my cat Misha checking it out in the pic below. :) I didn't have the full amount of time to let it expand, I rolled it out and left for work for about 8 hours, then when I came home slept in it that night. A dream come true !! It's like sleeping on a fluffy cloud. I am so so happy with this purchase and i'm telling everyone about it !!

I would happily give this mattress 5 stars, because it's incredibly comfortable and a great bed for the price - except that after over 2 weeks, it never fully inflated to the 12 inches I paid for. As you can see in the pictures, it's not even 10 inches. I love the mattress and would like to keep it (or get a replacement that fully inflates), but I feel like I've been scammed out of 2 inches.

EDIT (updated to 4 stars):

After contacting Zinus's excellent customer support, followed by Amazon's decent customer support, they sent me a new mattress. However, by then the old one had reached closer to 11"-11.5" if you count the pillow top, and other than the missing half inch or so, it is a great mattress, so we decided to keep it and return the other one without unboxing, which seemed like the only hassle-free option, as for some reason Amazon expected us to box up the old mattress and send it back! Good thinking, Amazon, except that's completely impossible!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Memory Foam and Microfiber combine for a cloud-like, luxurious feel
  • Pressure Relieving foam layers provide support for a better night's sleep
  • Memory foam is infused with Green tea and natural plant oil to maintain product freshness
  • All foam is CertiPUR-US Certified for durability, performance and content
  • 10-year worry free warranty

Description

Zinus designed the Cloud Memory Foam Mattress collection to include a plush, quilted cover and a unique combination of foam layers that provide a cloud-like, luxury feel. The innovative foam layering system shapes itself to your body to give you a pressure relieving, customized sleep experience. Zinus patented compression technology allows our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door. While mattresses typically take 48 to 72 hours to decompress, it is not unusual for them to take longer in some cases. Other factors like cold weather can also increase decompression times.



I had very low expectations on this. I just wanted something cheap. Didn't actually think I'd be getting a good night sleep as well. I have a horribly bad back, doesn't cure my back pain but I can actually sleep through the night without waking up in pain. Actually a really good bed, incredible value!

Let me start out by saying that my mother and I purchased this mattress for a housewarming gift for my brother and his girlfriend. The mattress they WERE sleeping on was from 1983 and was giving them both backaches, never mind the deterioration of the springs and material around the springs becoming a factor in needing something new. They were going to shop locally and planned to do so in the future (some time this year) to save up the $800-1k for a new king size bed set (boxspring and mattress). After discussing this with my mother we decided to get them a mattress (their boxspring is still good) and dig through reviews to find one best suited for them for ~$400. We were indecisive between this model, the Zinus Memory Foam 12 inch, or one of the 10-12 inch models with the Green Tea memory foam. After reviewing what both my brother AND his girlfriend wanted in a new mattress we compared the important aspects to narrow down which mattress to purchase. Both liked the feel of memory foam with SOME support but not too much support to have the mattress be too firm. Being that they live in Florida, they both needed a mattress that wouldn't retain heat and would allow breathability so they don't sweat to death in their sleep. Usually their dogs sleep with them which increases the heat on the bed around them as well. The portability factor of ordering a mattress through Amazon was a BIG contribution to us ordering through Amazon as well as, if purchasing locally, they would have had to arrange delivery if purchasing a mattress locally. My brother brought the 70-80lb box inside, brought the old mattress to the curb, and unpacked this mattress to allow it 24 hours to expand. Like two kids in a candy store they could barely wait the full 24hr timespan before checking the bed out to lay on! As soon as they laid on the mattress they both started texting my mom and I about the "amazing marshmallow!!". They were THRILLED with how comfortable this mattress was! I recently went down to visit and checked the mattress out for myself as well (I wanted to make sure they were ACTUALLY happy with the mattress and not just being courteous). It was super comfortable, a little dense (the usual with foam mattresses) but fluffy and cloud-like. They have been using the mattress for just over a month now and are still very pleased with the quality of the mattress and the consistency of the foam expanding back up when you get off of the bed, etc. There were no dips in the mattress or any flaws to speak of, it did expand the full 12 inches. No smells from the foam, either! Highly recommended! I'm thinking of ordering a thicker queen mattress for myself maybe some time this year and am considering the 12 inch Zinus Memory Foam mattress for myself in queen-size!! 5* across the board with this one!! Highly recommended!

I've had this mattress for about 6 months now. I definitely think this is a great bed, for the price. You are not laying on a $2,000 mattress, that much is clear. If you're a young adult who is on a budget looking at buying your first mattress online like me, this review should help weed out some questions. Let's go over the good and the bad:
Good:
-comfortable (note this is on both lists, for a very specific reason)
-price, can't argue with that!
-smell. A lot of reviewers said this smelled awful. I don't know if they stuck their heads in the bag when opening but it was just an average amount of scent. I expected a wall of fumes, and I got about 3-4 hours of scent.
-size. I love how compact it is when it comes. The mattress is actually really easy to move around and lift once it fully.
-layered tech. I also love the layers. The top is nice and squishy, while you sink you'll feel the end of your sink point. Not like a board in the middle, but you'll feel a firmer foam and it stops you in all the right places! I like my bed on the firmer side, this is the perfect blend of memory foam top squish and supported layers.

Bad:
-The protector. I didn't mark this review down a star for this reason, but it is noteworthy. The protector is really only there so they can say they gave you one... Do yourself a favor and buy a $20 protector (pro-tip: there's probably one in the frequently bought together section).
-comfort. Not an issue anymore. Little amatuer here... we thought it was sagging in the middle. Turns out our bed frame came apart and we were missing the middle joint. No issues!!!

Hopefully you feel a little better about your choice!

This is an extremely good quality foam mattress. With that being said, i would like to clarify a few other things that some other reviewers mentioned. Other reviewers said that after half a year to a full year, the mattress starts to sag and there are molds of where you sleep. Since i have only had this mattress for 3 months i cannot attest to that yet however i will say this, we are not using it as our regular sleeping mattress.

We use this in our daughters room who is only a year old. And we have this in a guest room which is not being occupied currently. Given its cheap price, i am not surprised of what other reviewers complained about. I would recommend you buy a higher quality one for your daily use, but for kids and guests this is a perfectly good foam mattress.

I bought this mattress 10 months ago and absolutely love it. First...it's delivered to your door and even though it's in a big box and is heavy (read specs before your order). Once it was in my home, I dragged the box to the bedroom, near the bed frame...unboxed it and somehow got it onto the frame (be sure you do your research on what type of bed frame you need...like a platform frame, in other words, not your normal bed frame, so have the frame set up prior to delivery)...It takes a month or so for the mattress to fully get it's shape and since it comes in a folded, vacuum packed in a box...yes, it will take a while...be patient.

As far as comfort, I sleep like a baby. This is the most comfortable mattress I have EVER owned (I'm in my 60's) and it saved me about $250 from buying the more expensive brand. I read the specs of both before I bought and I could see no difference in construction nor materials.

I don't have a clue why these get any negative comments at all other then these people must be extremely analytical. Lighten up people. Life is short and the gov is trying to shorten it further it seems. <3 <3 <3

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment