Friday, August 2, 2019

Jeep Wrangler Door Limiting Straps - American Made Custom Colors Door Stops (set of 2)

Jeep Wrangler Door Limiting Straps - American Made Custom Colors Door Stops (set of 2)

Jeep Wrangler Door Limiting Straps - American Made Custom Colors Door Stops (set of 2)

Update #2: I contacted Wild Wolf and they stand behind their products. I sent them a picture of the straps that failed and they sent me new ones promptly. The new straps have been on now for several weeks and are holding up very well. THANK YOU to the great people at Wild Wolf for standing behind their products!
Update: 5 months after purchase one of my straps unraveled at the end and is now broke, and the other is about to fail. I was not expecting this product to fall apart in so short of a time. It looked good at first but if it won't even last 6 months...it's junk.
At this point I'll go back to OEM straps...at least those straps should hold up for a little longer. I changed my review to a 1 Star, only because Amazon says I have to give them one.

Previous Review:
You don't appreciate the door straps on a Jeep until one breaks and the door swings and puts a nice dent in your cowl panel. When that happened I could have gone with an OEM strap but I wanted something different so I ordered these straps for the front doors on my JKU. After a couple of months of use I'm not too happy with them.

1: I love having color options and the fact they are handmade.
2: The door straps seemed to be maybe 1/4 inch too short. They didn't allow the door to swing as wide open as the OEM straps.
3: Over time I've had issues with the end loops slipping off. And the strap now likes to bend in the wrong way and it gets caught in the door preventing it from closing. Since I chose two different colors for my straps I didn't want to reverse the strap...so I'm kinda stuck with it.

Overall while I love supporting handmade products, this is not a product that I would buy again.

These seem to be very well made. They are a perfect replacement for the flimsy stock style limiting straps. I had purchased some replacement straps that lasted less than a year, so I decided to try these. So far, so good. They limit the door to the perfect distance when it swings open. Long term reliability is unknown to me at this point but I would expect them to last based on the way they are constructed and the materials used. Also, don't worry about picking one color as the primary and another as the secondary. They are reversible, so just pick the two colors you like and you can decide which color you want to be showing as the dominant color when you mount them.

(5+ Stars) I absolutely love these door straps for my TJ. I would purchase another set of them as a spare but I don't know that I will be able to wear them out. I have gone through several of the standard sewn nylon straps. It takes only one gust of wind or opening the door at the wrong angle and SNAP; the thread separations are shot. I HIGHLY recommend this product for other wrangler owners. Elizabeth with Wild Wolf Pack is awesome with great customer service skills! I have bookmarked this vendor!

Love 'em! I just bought an '86 Jeep CJ7 and it's almost completely original, which means there's a lot of 30 year old parts that have worn out - including the door straps. After the door swung all the way up to the fender a couple times I decided these would be my first upgrade! (Gotta start with something easy!). For reference, mine are red and urban camo.

This is the kind of seller you want to do business with. The item came packaged very personally and professionally and I love the fact that my purchase is not only for a product that was made in USA, but it's going to a family made business. I purchased these Jeep door straps for a buddy whose stock ones got shredded by a gust of wind that blew open the door into his front tire. These also look much better than stock and I'm willing to bet they would have fared better in that same gust of wind. Thanks again!


Get it Now

Feature Product

    Description

    This paracord door limiting strap set is for a Jeep Wrangler

    Set includes:

    -Two (2) DOUBLE wrapped straps that are 6.5" (including the loops). With 3 inner loops for super strength and durability.

    These straps are made with 550 paracord which can be used in an emergency situation.

    That means, if you ever need to unravel our product, one strand can hold 550 pounds without breaking!

    We are available to customize this kit perfectly to your Jeeps needs and we have many colors options to choose to match your Jeep!

    These are Premium/Custom door straps made in USA, by Jeep Lovers for Jeep Owners

    The pictures for this product are shown with the front and back of the door strap...so as you can see, they are actually reversible and the main color on one side is the secondary color on the other side. For example, if you want Neon Green and Black door straps, you would choose those colors as color 1 and 2. Then one side of the door strap will be Neon Green with black on the edges and the other side will be Black with Neon Green on the edges.

    VERY IMPORTANT: If you are not sure if these will fit on your jeep, please open the door to the desired spot and measure between the hook on the door and the hook on the jeep. We are happy to do custom lengths, just contact us!



    I actually purchased these to be used as grab handles for my Jeep Renegade... the seller was awesome in that when she found out what I needed them for she told me she would make them a bit longer to accommodate the loop, which she did.. I then purchased the hardware and installed them..... I LOVE them!! The willingness of Wild Wolf to customize these straps for me was refreshing because I want to modify my Renegade but it has been difficult because most of the mods out there are for Wranglers..... that’s disappointing to me because Wrangler is not the only Jeep its owners want to modify.... Thank you Wild Wolf! You are an amazing company to buy from... you will definitely be getting more of my money!! LOL

    "I purchased these as a birthday present and it was a huge hit!!! My housemate is a GA Bulldogs fan so being able to get them in Black and red was awesome. Then the added fun of having her figure out what they are for was a bonus. There is a saying among Jeep people(Jeeple)....you don't buy a Jeep, you build it. Unfortunately hers is not in a very photogenic state or I'd provide pics. Small hometown company and made by hand in the USA. You cant go wrong! I'm working on my Wranglerand will be getting some for it for sure"

    I got these for the guy I am dating because the original ones he had broke. He really likes them. I got the blue and black ones because blue is his favorite color. It was nice to add a personal touch and he was very excited about them. They look great on his 2004 Jeep Wrangler. If it were my vehicle I would have liked them to be a little shorter for when I am opening the door in parking lots next to other cars but he thinks they are perfect as is. I'm hoping they last a few years before wearing out. Thanks for the awesome product and perfect thoughtful gift for a reasonable price!

    These stop my doors at about the point doors would stop in a normal vehicle. My old ones were worn out to the point they were useless. I had originally bought some of the standard door straps that only lasted a short time. But these hold up great.

    Wild Wolf Pack as a company, is incredible! They stand behind their products 100% and they're a pleasure to work with.

    The paracord themselves are incredible as well. You can ask for custom lengths and colors. The cords are strong and durable.

    I HIGHLY recommend these

    Get it Now

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment