Monday, August 26, 2019

Zinus Luis Quick Lock 14 Inch Metal Platform Bed Frame / Mattress Foundation / No Box Spring Needed, Twin

Zinus Luis Quick Lock 14 Inch Metal Platform Bed Frame / Mattress Foundation / No Box Spring Needed, Twin

Zinus Luis Quick Lock 14 Inch Metal Platform Bed Frame / Mattress Foundation / No Box Spring Needed, Twin

Good, sturdy frame. I'm a bigger guy and have no concerns about stability. Wasn't too difficult to put together either. The only (minor) complaint I have is that the metal surface has no lip or other system to keep a mattress from sliding around. We have a Tuft & Needle mattress, and even though the mattress is heavy it slides around the frame at the slightest nudge. I was able to fix this by gluing narrow strips of rubber cabinet liner around the outside of the frame and along some of the interior slats. Now the mattress doesn't slide around any more than with a traditional box spring. Would be nice if this was included though.

Very easy to put together by myself! Loved the Allen wrenches to tighten the bolts as I'm probably not as strong as my husband to hand tighten. The Allen wrenches made it better for me to get a grip on it. Fits perfectly into my platform bed. So far so good!

I decided to get the platform bed frame because my box spring was loud and squeaky. So loud and squeaky, that when I would turn over mid-sleep, the sound would wake me up! So I needed something to where I could get away without using the box spring, and this did the job! It was SUPER easy to put together, came with a few extra screws if needed, and took about 20 minutes. I don't know if I'm crazy or not, but I've slept like a rock since I bought this, and I have zero pains when I wake up. I'm not sure if the bed frame is making a difference or not, so I'm not going to question it!

I was also worried about the max weight on this, but I was worrying for nothing. I am 6'2", 350lbs. and it holds me perfect. I think I read that the max weight is 500, but I feel like it can definitely hold a little more than that.

I am very happy with this purchase!

Someone used the phrase "snapped together", not so much! That's not a bad thing though. It was a good kit with good hardware that went together with one person with a bit of planning very well.
A couple of words on materials and durability, HOLY CRAP! GORILLAS COULD HAVE SEX ON THIS THING!
The closeness of the slats is far better than my old box spring improving my new latex mattress to its top performance!
4 is my highest rating save stuff like a pocket defibrillator.

product was took a LONG time to get to us and was 2 days later than originally scheduled - but - the foundation is very nice and was extremely easy to put together. What we didn't realize is how our new memory foam mattress would slide on the metal frame but that was fixed with some yoga mats so all was well and we were finally able get the mattress off the floor. Would recommend but allow extra time to receive this is you are thinking of ordering.....


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Quick Lock Construction for fast and easy assembly in minutes
  • Strong Steel support for increased mattress life
  • Eliminates the Need for a box Spring
  • Allows for valuable under bed storage
  • Worry free 5 year warranty

Description

The steel framed Zinus Luis quick lock platform bed features steel slats that provide strong support for your memory foam, Hybrid, or spring mattress. This platform bed is 14 inches high with clearance under the frame for valuable under bed storage. Mattress not included. The Luis quick lock 14 inch platform bed provides stylish and strong support for your mattress without the need for a box spring. Another comfort innovation from Zinus.



This is a really great bedframe! Looks nice, really sturdy construction, and they really thought through the assembly.

About that assembly. Every screwhole has a number next to it; you start by matching up the two that have the number 1 on them and inserting the screw. The allen wrenches needed to turn the screws are included, as are a few spare screws (labeled as such so you don't think you're messing up when you don't need them). Then you proceed to the ones that have 2 on them and so on. After number 11 you put the slats in and you're done. None of the numbers are visible once you're done. I recommend just going finger-tight on the screws and then going back around and tightening them once they're all in (but before the slats) because otherwise it might be tough to get some of them to go in. But I did it by myself in about 20 minutes, and I was moving fairly lazily and misplacing stuff and whatnot. All in all I was pretty impressed with the ease of the process.

As for the frame itself, as I said it's sturdy and good looking. It's also a good height in my opinion; I put a Casper mattress directly on it (no box spring) and it ended up right at the height my old "crappy fold-up metal frame+box spring+regular mattress" setup.To quantify that, it's 26" from the floor to the top of the mattress. It also has 14 1/8" clearance from the floor to the bottom of the frame, which is exactly enough to fit a Sterilite 19889804 70qt storage container underneath. As I bought a 4-pack of those the same day I bought this frame with that intent, that worked out just as I'd hoped.

Anyway, really happy with this frame. Give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

I purchased a new foam mattress and subsequently needed a new bed frame/foundation. Honestly, ever since I was a wee lad, I have always used the same style bed frame to accommodate a box spring. I had no idea how many bed frame/foundation options there are. After my usual overkill of research and reading of reviews, I settled on this one. My biggest fear was the quality of the welds (many photos of broken welds). The welds look flawless and sufficient. Not a single scratch or dent to be seen. All threads look good. Based upon the handful of reviews saying they needed to re-tighten or stating the bed squeaks, I opted to use LocTite (the Blue kind) on all threads prior to tightening of the bolts. This should be a good measure, at least.

This was a breeze to put together. The directions were so clear (numbered steps that correspond to numbers on the parts so you literally know which part to use for each step). It honestly was easier to put together than the desk chair I got from Staples. I'm a small female and I had absolutely no issues lifting any of the parts. All you need is an Allen wrench (which comes with the bed). From start to finish, took less than half an hour.

Very attractive, sturdy, and not squeaky at all. I put a low profile boxsprint plus a mattress on top so it's a little high but I love the height. I love that I'll be able to easily vacuum underneath or store things under there.

I'm very happy with this purchase and would totally buy it again. I randomly found it through doing a bunch of searches and reading a lot of reviews, so this is totally an unbiased opinion :).

Pros:

Easy to assemble
Sturdy but light
Perfect height to slide dog bed under so he can have a cozy little pug cave.

The only con is that there is no lip, so the mattress can slide around.

Aside from this frame taking forever to arrive, it is a great frame. It is super sturdy and was very easy to assemble. It was packaged well and arrived in good shape. The assembly instructions were very clear and each part is labeled with a number that you literally follow step by step as you put it together. We've slept on it only a couple of nights, but so far it is completely silent and does not wobble one bit. I really want to give it 5 stars, but I feel I have to take off a star for the following three reasons.

We did have to modify it a bit. Our mattress warranty calls for slats that are at least 2" wide and no more than 3" apart. This frame has neither. We ended up buying a couple of sheets of peg board and cut them down to fit the frame. We zip tied the board to the frame and it is solid now. There are quite a few mattresses that call for slats no more than 3" apart, I'm not sure why there are not more options out there to fit that requirement.

Another issue we did have was that our headboard posts were a little too wide for the frame so I had to purchase a couple of posts to bolt onto the inside of the headboard to give us something to bolt it to the frame. It is nice to have the holes in the frame to accommodate a headboard, but I think that a lot of people going from a headboard fitted to an older style frame may run into the same problem as us and have to do some modifications.

As far as the build of the parts, most were welded nicely. There were a couple of rough patches on the frame itself, but really not too big of a deal once a bed skirt was in place. There was one of the middle posts that was welded off center and that was a little bit of a concern for me. The other two were welded with the top part centered perfectly, but the third one was off by about 2 cm. It will probably not be an issue in the long run, but you never know depending on how the weight on the frame is distributed.

One last thing to mention, and I will try to preempt the review police by saying that this problem is NOT reflected in the star rating I gave. The item did not ship for almost two weeks. Originally when we purchased it, the listing said it would ship in 3-5 days. But after 5 days, Amazon updated the arrival date to say it was delayed one more week. Then when that week was up, we got another email notifying us that it was delayed yet another week. The confusing part about all of this was that on the current products page, it was listed as in stock and shipped and sold by Amazon. I really don't know what was going on with this whole thing, all I know is that it took a total of 15 days before we finally received the product. Again, this is in no way impacting the star rating I gave. I just wanted people to be aware that this item may take two weeks to arrive. It wasn't too big of a deal for us because we were not in a hurry to receive it, but I feel this is still useful information for others that may be under a time constraint and in need of a frame in a hurry.

So far this is a great frame and we are happy with it. We will update this review if anything changes.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment