Tuesday, September 3, 2019

AmazonBasics Room-Darkening Blackout Curtain Set with Grommets - 42" x 63", Black

AmazonBasics Room-Darkening Blackout Curtain Set with Grommets - 42" x 63", Black

AmazonBasics Room-Darkening Blackout Curtain Set with Grommets - 42

I'll be honest. We didn't want to like these curtains. We buy WAY too many things from Amazon and for some reason this just felt like a strange thing for Amazon to provide. Plus, we wanted to have "nice" (or should I say more expensive) curtains in our rooms. But in the end, we knew that the Amazon Basic products were well made and these curtains were going into our kids rooms so we rolled the dice.

These are the best curtains we have purchased. Period.

The fabric is excellent and the grommets are solid. I mean, I really gave these a solid once over to try and find something to complain about. Stitching? Excellent? Fabric pulling away from the grommets? Not at all. Hem starting to pull apart? Not in the least. They'll probably look like crap in a year, right? A year on and these things look almost brand new.

The kids beat the heck out of these curtains opening, closing, and putting weight on them. The curtain rod will give way before these do.

Honestly, this isn't a love letter. This is more an acceptance that Amazon really does make exceptional products at a really low price point. The curtains shouldn't be this good, but they are. When we move in a few months we plan on swapping out all of our curtains for the Amazon Basics brand.

So...I was a bit hesitant to buy these, especially since there were other brands that were much cheaper on Prime Day, but the reviews of the others weren't as promising. I am thrilled with these darkening curtains! I bought the smoky blue, and being a light color, they still managed to block out nearly all the light! The only place you can see sunlight is at the top edge (understandable), which isn't a lot. I love this shade of blue (the light color makes the room appear bigger and looks gorgeous on a silver rod. Highly recommend the AmazonBasics brand of room-darkening curtains.

These curtains are amazing. I bought them for my summer house because the sunlight streams in during the morning hours and I like it dark when I sleep! I bought them in white - something i was hesitant to do because i was worried that they would darken the room the way a darker hue might - and was pleasantly surprised. These block out the light perfectly and look amazing in our bedroom.

Great curtains for the price. Be careful how you put them on the curtain rod. You can tell the difference from the second and third picture. That when you put the grommets the wrong way the light gets in more than when they're laying flat.

Excellent product. Very pleased with quality and color (ivory/light beige) l’d say they have at least 85% blackout coverage. You can see in the pics that l also have shades inside my windows. The backing is rubber but not overly thick or heavy feeling. I ran the panels on the air-fluff setting in the dryer for 5 minutes each set and steamed-pressed each panel on the fabric only with an iron to remove all wrinkles. Both packages were the same length, same color, with no discrepancies. Each package has 2 panels so l purchased 2 pairs-a total of four panels. They are made with an expensive looking rubber lined fabric. I recommend these and will buy them again in other colors!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Blackout curtain blocks out sunlight and harmful UV rays, reduces outside noise, and ensures total privacy
  • Creates energy-saving insulating barrier against heat and cold, keeping room cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter
  • 2 panels made of innovative triple-weave fabric; no stiff liner; elegantly frames windows with a sophisticated drape
  • 1.5-inch grommets fit standard or decorative rod; includes 2 Velcro ties for pulling back the curtains
  • Each panel measures 42 x 63 inches; machine washable
  • Made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, an independent certification system that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards.

Description

An Amazon Brand



I live in a ground floor apartment facing a parking lot. Every time someone parked outside my patio, their headlights would shine right through the sliding doors. I ordered these curtains thinking that, in combination with the blinds, they would cut the glare. Instead they blocked any light from coming in. They work just as advertised, they were easy to put up and they look great. In addition they're will made and a great price. Couldn't be happier with them.

I bought these for our playroom because the sun comes in during the afternoon and evening and really heats up the room. I was impressed by the quality of the curtains and how well they perform.

Love these curtains! My husband has told me several times a day how much he loves them as well. True blackout curtains. Made very well. Are not a shiny polyester (which I’m very grateful for!!) and a wonderful color match to a typical seafoam green (the comfort at the foot of the bed was the color I was trying to match to). Took some time to iron out the packaging wrinkles but very pleased with the outcome. Can’t yet very great pictures but definitely worth the purchase!

If you are looking for blackout curtains, look no further! We bought the beige curtains for our sliding glass door in our kitchen and they work amazingly. In the middle of the day, with the sun shining bright and the curtains closed, the kitchen is pitch black. I highly, highly recommend these curtains. They quality is fantastic (a little wrinkled out of the packaging) and the price can't be beat.

I found these discounted and they are much better than other curtains I've purchased online. These are true blackout curtains too, not just a thicker material. The lining is a comparable to expensive ones I've priced in the store. Since I paid half price I was unbelievably satisfied with the purchase. Tie downs are even included.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment