Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Takeya 10310 Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker with Airtight Lid & Silicone Handle, 1 Quart, Black - Made in USA BPA-Free Dishwasher-Safe

Takeya 10310 Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker with Airtight Lid & Silicone Handle, 1 Quart, Black - Made in USA BPA-Free Dishwasher-Safe

Takeya 10310 Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker with Airtight Lid & Silicone Handle, 1 Quart, Black - Made in USA BPA-Free Dishwasher-Safe

I purchased this to make cold brew coffee at the office. My coworkers and I were going to the local siren at least 3-4 times a week for our afternoon pick me up. It was starting to become a serious drain financially. We all chipped in to get this pitcher and take turns buying beans. Get them ground for a French press, or super coarse, and you'll have a pretty good replica. The instructions for making cold brew are pretty easy. Of course you'll get some micro grinds that will make its way through the filter but that's to be expected. If you're OCD about it, you could pour it through a strainer or paper filter. Or just let it settle and pour gently. We've seriously cut down our caffeine expenditures by 50-75%. Now if we could figure out a way to order out less :)

Great cold brew system! We had been putting off getting one for so long. We have a keurig and simply put brewed coffee in the fridge overnight. But as our keurig seems to be dying, it was time to explore other options. I wish we had done it sooner! This system is so easy to use - add your coffee of choice and water, place it in the fridge and wait for the next day. That's it!! So easy, great tasting coffee that goes far enough for both of us. It easily fits on a shelf or the door. We're considering buying a second because of how much coffee my husband drinks or if we have company.

UPDATE:
After a couple weeks of use I've noticed a flaw to call out. When inserting the filter into the water the grounds sometimes pop up to the top of the filter. This causes the grounds to get stuck and not submerge fully into the water to brew properly. I'm not terribly picky and haven't noticed a huge difference in taste or quality. The fix is easy - insert the filter into the water slowly and if needed tap the filter firmly on the side of the carafe. With a firm tap the grounds should fall to the bottom of the filter. Given that this isn't an issue when brewing a full carafe, an issue every time we brew, or a noticeable difference in taste/quality, I'm leaving my rating as 5 stars.

Pros:
extremely easy to use and clean. Like it's ridiculously easy.
Sturdy product, I intentionally tossed it while empty and full just to "test it" doesn't leak and didn't break.

Con:
Low capacity of fluid.

So for anyone new to cold brew use this, I highly advise it. Use it as you wish... However...
What I do is:
Brew coffee for about 20-30h.
Pour coffee into large container.
Mix milk, creamer, and flavouring into container.
Drink it all in one go cause it's so delicious... Kidding. It last me a day or two. But I drink a lot of coffee.

Now, remember cold brew coffee is extremely potent. (I'm a chemist... Trust me)
It is way more smooth and while I haven't tested the caffine content it seems higher, or maybe that's cause I drink more.

Now, again I remind you it's potent. Add about 1:4 water to coffee and when done brewing dilute coffee with regular coffee, milk, or whatever.

Highly advise using cold brew in place of hot coffee on all occasions.
Heat it up if ya want hot coffee. It's still great.

I'm really liking this cold brew maker. At first I was saddened that it is 100% plastic and not glass but I realized that you could take something like this hiking/camping with you if you're the type of camper that needs their coffee right away when they first get up. I used to use a plain press-pot as my cold brewer but it'd leave sludge in the last cup; this has an extremely nice filter that is very fine and the whole thing is very easy to clean.

Recommended tips: If you just fill the filter and then dip it into a full carafe of water the grounds will all be pressed up against the top of the lid. I personally fill the filter and place it in the empty carafe, then pour water through the filter and grounds until the carafe is full. Then I remove the filter and screw it into the cap and replace it back into the carafe. Shake a bit (just to be sure) and refrigerate!

I've always preferred cold drinks to hot ones so imagine my joy when companies started selling pre-made cold-brew coffee in the grocery store. At about $7 per bottle though, it was costing me more to buy it that way rather than brewing my own hot coffee and adding ice. It wasn't until I was perusing YouTube and saw one of my favorite YT'ers pouring her own cold-brew out of a refrigerated container. I immediately toggled to Amazon in a search for one similar and I found this product. After comparing prices and reviews, I decided to give this one a try. 3 weeks and several brews later here are my takeaways:

Pros: Easy to clean and use, coffee tastes great, not going back to buying pre-made!

Cons: Durability seems fragile as the soft foamy plastic on the handle is coming up already, it will leak if you don't screw the lid on tight so beware, since it has to brew laying down it takes up more space in my small fridge than I'd like

Overall though, it's a much cheaper alternative to pre made cold brews and you can control the strength and taste of your coffee by selecting the brand/grounds/roast you want and by adding more or less ground to the filter.

Special Note: I read through a lot of reviews and it seems the main issue most people had was the coffee grounds seeping into the liquid. It appears from reading the replies from the manufacturer and by my own experience with this, that they have created a smaller mesh filter and have stopped shipping the product with the old style. The new style is so good that I'm using fine ground coffee and have had NO grounds in my end product. So please disregard older comments about this issue if you're ordering this for the first time.

Another main issue is about the leaking but if you screw the top on securely and shake any excess out into a sink before placing it back into the fridge that will prevent leakage. For just in case, it's good to have a paper towel under your brewer when placed on its side.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • THE NEW DELUXE cold brew coffee maker is a durable BPA-Free Tritan pitcher with an airtight lid & non-slip silicone handle. It produces 4 servings of smooth cold brew with any type of coffee grounds and is less acidic than traditional coffee brewing.
  • THE FINE-MESH COFFEE FILTER in this cold brew coffee maker keeps grounds out of your freshly brewed pot - differing from other coffee machines. Tritan plastic withstands hot temperatures if you want a hot cup of coffee. Fits in most refrigerator doors.
  • PREMIUM BOTTLES AND LIDS: Our innovative line of insulated hydration solutions come in a range of sizes. We offer water bottles in 18, 24, 32, 40, and 64 oz sizes, beverage makers and pitchers in 1 Qt and 2 Qt sizes.
  • BPA FREE HYDRATION SOLUTIONS: From insulated stainless steel water bottles to beverage makers and pitchers, as well as a variety of product accessories, Takeya USA products help you stay cool, refreshed and hydrated for an active, on-the-go lifestyle.
  • TAKEYA QUALITY: Compare our leak proof fruit infusers to others from Camelbak, Contigo, Nalgene, Thermos, Bubba, Brita, Teavana, Fifty Fifty, Klean Kanteen, Brita, Hydro Flask, SIGG, Yeti Rambler, Cayman Fitness, Lifefactory, & Polar Bottle.

Description

Taste the difference with TAKEYA's Cold Brew Coffee Maker. The traditional hot brewing process releases undesirable acids and oils, resulting in bitter flavor and acidity that is intolerable to many. With cold brewing, only the naturally delicious coffee flavors are extracted, leaving behind the bitter oils and fatty acids, creating a perfectly balanced, smooth extraction of concentrated coffee. Once brewed, concentrated coffee can be kept fresh in the TAKEYA airtight Cold Brew Coffee Maker for up to 2 weeks and used for both hot and iced coffees. Do not freeze or microwave



I read the reviews carefully before ordering this item and since we enjoy strong coffee was concerned we might be disappointed, we were not. The results were a strong smooth ice coffee we both enjoyed very much. Coffee selection. We chose Costco Costa Rica whole beans which we ground at the store using the course setting. For actually brewing I pretty much followed the instructions. I filled the filter to just above the filter material (very near the top) and didn't bother to measure how many tablespoons that equated too. I filled the pot as full as I could get it with filtered water and swirled the water around 2 or 3 times during the brewing process. Total brew time was about 18 hours. I poured the cold brew through a standard coffee filter to remove the sediment and served it in two 16 glasses each about half full of ice. I added half & half my wife used Baileys. Final results were great.

This is a nice, affordable option for making your own cold brew if you are hesitant to buy a fancy brewing machine that takes up a lot of space. It is easy to assemble and all pieces can be washed easily. The only downsides that I have experienced is leakage of grounds into the drinking portion (make sure coffee is ground to correct size consistently) and you have to wet the grounds in the filter BEFORE submerging it in the water- if you simply submerge the filter in the water pitcher, the top portion of the coffee grounds will remain dry despite shaking and inverting the pitcher.
I like the small profile of this pitcher and ease of use, but if this pitcher were to break, I'm not sure I would buy it again. But it was definitely a great first foray into making cold brew for me.

I have been drinking caffeinated beverages everyday for half my life. Usually brewing hot then cooling it down with ice which was quite a process to do every morning. Then I came across this cold brew pitcher and thought I'd give it a try. It's great, easy to use and clean, very convenient, lasts for a couple weeks, I love it! Making a pitcher of coffee take less time than a normal brewer and makes enough for at least one cup a day for about a week, depending on how much coffee concentrate is used. I Haven't used my normal coffee or espresso machine since I got this cold brew system. The coffee seems to taste better as well, not a huge difference but it's somewhat noticeable.

I love cold brewed coffee! The biggest problem with making iced or cold coffee was the watered down taste that I had when I added ice to freshly brewed coffee. Takeya solved that problem!

This product is incredibly easy to use, and the coffee is delicious! All it takes is some coarsely ground coffee, water and time to brew. I followed the directions, placing the coffee and water in the Takeya. In less than 3 minutes, I had the Takeya loaded and set it in the fridge to brew overnight.

While I missed the smell of fresh coffee brewing the next morning, I got over it pretty fast when I tasted the cold brew. So happy to be able to enjoy my favorite hazelnut brew without the acidic taste. I am thinking about buying a second one so that I can have a cup or two in the afternoon.

This coffee maker is my BEST FRIEND! I use this everyday, it's so easy to use! My coffee comes out perfect every time. I'm a cold coffee drinker and I put about 8-10 scoops of freshly ground coffee into the filter. I let it sit overnight and the next morning, I remove the filter and dump the grounds. It makes 4 days worth of coffee and I love that it's ready to go for me, especially since I wake up at 4:50 am and I need to make my coffee quickly! It's very easy to clean as well. Make sure to remove the rubber linings inside the caps so that you can clean in the crevices. I would recommend rinsing the filter thoroughly as soon as you remove the coffee grounds. If you don't, the gentle filter will begin to "stain" and be hard to wash by hand. If that happens, just throw it in the dishwasher and it comes out good as new!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment