Sunday, September 29, 2019

Aquaphor Healing Ointment - Moisturizing Skin Protectant for Dry Cracked Hands, Heels and Elbows - 14 oz. Jar

Aquaphor Healing Ointment - Moisturizing Skin Protectant for Dry Cracked Hands, Heels and Elbows - 14 oz. Jar

Aquaphor Healing Ointment - Moisturizing Skin Protectant for Dry Cracked Hands, Heels and Elbows - 14 oz. Jar

My wife is undergoing continuing chemotherapy for breast cancer, and will take the oral medication as long as it continues to hold back the cancer. One of the side effects of the medicine is "hand/foot syndrome" which causes the palms of the hands and soles of the feet to get very red, sore, peel, crack, etc. Recently she began applying AQUAPHOR liberally to her hands and feet, then putting on plastic gloves on her hands, and her feet into Zip-Lock baggies followed by socks to hold the baggies on. Within 10 days her hands and feet were markedly better. She can now walk without severe pain, and no more cracks in the soles of her feet.

A few years ago, I had surgery that left my foot scarred, dry, and calloused primarily due to there now being a lot of metal plates, wires, and screws holding the bones together which in turn leaves the skin feeling somewhat numb to the touch. I have tried innumerable products, soaked, and filed to at least try to heal some of the severe dryness that will sometimes crack open and bleed to no avail. So recently, I went on yet another search for anything or idea to help with this problem when I happened on Aquaphor. I thought: oh yeah, sure, another petroleum based ointment. I broke down and gave it a go – and really – OH WOW! Where has this product been my whole life? The very next day I saw a dramatic improvement in the feel of my skin to the touch. It’s been over a month of usage and it’s still working! You know how it usually goes, you try it out, it works for a week and then falls flat, but this stuff is really awesome. I apply it in the morning before heading to work and again after a shower, even though I have skipped the morning application when I’ve been running late and it hasn’t shown any ill effects.
Yesterday, while at work, I noticed that even the usual dry skin around the fingernails has healed. My nails also seem to be growing stronger and smoother just by rubbing the Aquaphor on my feet. I also found that I use much less of it than I do of other so-called intense therapy type of lotions. After a month of use, I haven’t even used a quarter of the 14oz. jar. Seriously, if you have some troublesome areas I recommend this product. I have never been so pleased!

October 11, 2016
I decided to provide an update on my use of this product. The five stars still stand plus I'm still using my first 14 ounce jar. Now I can add that I am recovering from Pneumonia and finding myself blowing my nose a lot however, when the soreness from so much tissue use came about, I decided to give Aquaphor a go at my poor red nose. Fantastic idea! The soreness and redness disappeared before the end of the day and I didn't have to reapply every time I used a tissue. I can't get over how well this product works!

I did not expect the ointment to be like Vaseline. Not that it is bad. Just that I was surprised. It is made out of petroleum( I found out after reading the ingredients). But it also has lanolin and a couple other ingredients. So it seems to work better than Vaseline. I have been using it almost everyday for the last few days. I have even used it on my lips and the heels of my feet. I like the way it makes my legs look healthy in the sun. Because it has the petroleum in it, it leaves a moist look to them. I have very dry skin. I always have. But this is really helping.

Have been bedridden for 11 years, and two years ago my backside finally decided to raise a "protest". Fortunately, I had the Aquaphor Advanced healing formula (WITHOUT THE PIC OF AN INFANT ON THE FRONT), and began applying a thick layer to my backside (lower lumbar and coccygeal regions) at every bathroom visit and after bathing, which, of course, necessitated wearing incontinence-type underwear. Worked like a charm, which I expected because the formula includes lanolin, although there is no odor usually associated with lanolin. In spite of many thinking that use of petrolatum is 'dangerous' because it's a "petroleum" product, there are times when it's better than anything else if the formula includes lanolin. No more breakdowns, no H.simplex outbreaks (common among some who are forced to maintain semi-reclining position on backside, left or right side (cannot sleep on tummy). The product truly can be a life- saver, and certainly helps reduce the pain from acute to bearable and better.

I bought this for a somewhat unusual need: my English bulldog tends to develop dry, cracked skin around his nostrils. I've tried other creams and ointments, including a few his vet recommends, but for whatever reason, my bulldog doesn't tolerate them - he just rubs up against the nearest soft material he can find (often, my pants!) and wipes it off. To my surprise, he doesn't do any of this with the Aquaphor - he tolerates it well, and it does a wonderful job of improving his skin. After just a few weeks, his skin has improved dramatically thanks to the Aquaphor.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Dermatologist recommended for dry, cracked skin, chapped lips, cracked cuticles and dry feet and heels*
  • Clinically proven to restore smooth, healthy skin Uniquely formulated with 41% Petrolatum to allow oxygen to flow and help heal the skin
  • Uniquely formulated with 41% Petrolatum to allow oxygen to flow and help heal the skin
  • Skin protectant ointment with Panthenol and Glycerin to moisturize, nourish and protect the skin to enhance healing
  • Protects and helps relieve chapped, dry, cracked or irritated skin and lips
  • Protects and soothes minor cuts, scrapes and burns
  • Protects skin from drying effects of wind and cold weather
  • Preservative and fragrance free
  • Ideal size for the whole family

Description

Trusted by dermatologists, pediatricians and people like you. Aquaphor Healing Ointment provides the special care that your very dry, chapped or irritated skin needs. Specially formulated to create an ideal environment that protects and helps heal your skin, it's also free of fragrance, dyes and preservatives, making it gentle for sensitive skin. Use this multi-purpose ointment to protect or soothe extremely dry skin, chapped lips, cracked hands and feet, minor cuts and burns, and any other skin irritations, so you can get on with your day comfortably.



After having to go to a dermatologist, my Dr. advised me to use this as my regular lotion. I have used this for dry areas and wounds before, but never all over. I have very dry skin and since i have used this as my regular cream/lotion after the shower, my skin feels and looks much better. It feels like a protecting layer, especially at nights when I usually tend to itch. Always thought this would be way too thick, but it works. I usually wait a couple of minutes before putting clothes on after applying and it's actually not greasy or sticky at all. Recommend this for anyone who has very dry skin. Also works great for chapped lips.

Edit 3-10-18: I'm actually going to leave my original review below so you can see how someone's opinion can change if they give a product a chance. I wrote a 3 star review listing what I didn't like about the product. No point in rehashing here. You can read below. Here's what I think of Aquaphor Advanced Theraphy Healing Ointment after using it for for two months. I have increased this to a 5 star review with the understanding that it's still greasy but it's worth the effort to use it.

First...why did I buy this in the first place? I had some kind of dry skin condition on my left hand that seemed to be getting progressively worse over time. The skin on the inside of my hand at the base of my thumb was actually getting thick and painful. I was seriously thinking about seeing a dermatologist. It seemed to be aggravated by having my hands in water a lot. I was using coconut oil and Emu oil and Dr. Bronner's hand and body lotion but it wasn't helping very much. The effected area seemed to be spreading but only on my dominate hand. I suspect it was some kind of dermatitis. I decided to try Aquaphor. At first I wasn't happy with the geasiness of the product. Again...see what I wrote below. I did keep using it though and slowly my hand started to get better. I purchased "Zealor 16 Pairs White Cotton Gloves" here on Amazon. I'd put the ointment on and then put the gloves on to keep things I touched from getting greasy. Within 20 minutes or so I could take the gloves off and the greasiness was gone. By the way...these gloves are really nice. They even wash well in the washing machine. I applied the ointment several times a day. At night I'd put a generous amount on and wear the gloves to bed. There's no denying it did the job. My hand has now cleared up. I also purchased and started wearing "Liberty nitrile textured industrial grade powder free gloves" when I'm going to have my hands in dish water for any length of time or I'm doing any cleaning. My left hand is not soft and my problems are gone. I'll keep using this product. By the way, it's much cheaper to buy a tub of this stuff instead of the little tubes. I don't think it's something I want to carry around in my purse to use because I do think it's too greasy for that. I can't argue with success though..this worked...lol. Now to my original review:

To start, the 3 stars is for the cost of buying glorified petroleum jelly. I saw all the impressive reviews so bought 2 tubes to put in my purse and on my desk. What I didn't know was the ingredients info is kind of misleading here. I'm not saying it doesn't work or there's anything wrong with it. Im just saying it's expensive for what it is. I paid $4.76 for a 1.75 oz tube of Aquaphor and $3.48 for a 7.5 oz jar of Vaseline with Cocoa Butter.
I tried the Aqualphor as soon as it arrived today. I put a tiny bit on my hands about 1/2 an hour ago and my hands are still slightly sticky. It's definitely not something I want to use as a quick moisturizer. I don't want to touch anything for a while after using it which led me to look at the ingredients ON the tube itself. Below this review is a list of ingredients I found and what they are. Bottom line for me...I'll use these two tubes up on my hands before I go to bed at night when I'm not going to be touching anything after use. When these are gone I'll use MUCH cheaper Vaseline with Cocoa Butter.

There is ONLY ONE ACTIVE ingredient listed on the tube...petrolatum (and yes, I spelled it correctly). I looked it up. Petrolatum is another word for petroleum jelly.
Under INACTIVE ingredients I found mineral oil, Ceresin, lanolin alcohol, panthenol, glycerin, and bisabolol. Even though the tube lists these as inactive ingredients I looked them up and listed the info below to be fair.

Mineral Oil: Is a distillation product of petroleum, especially one used as a lubricant, moisturizer, or laxative.

Bisabolol: Wikipedia says Bisabolol has been used for hundreds of years in cosmetics because it is known to have anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties.

Ceresin: It is a wax processed from earthwax or ozocerite. Wikepedia says it's an alternative to bee's wax.

Lanolin alcohol: Lanolin alcohol is a non-drying organic compound produced from lanolin, the fat of wool shearings, which has been reacted with acetic acid and a small amount of lye. Acetylated lanolin alcohol can also be inflammatory to those with wool or lanolin allergies, and should be avoided in such cases.

Panthenol: Panthenol is the alcohol analog of pantothenic acid, and is thus a provitamin of B5.

This product is amazing. We starting using it on the regular because our daughter had severe Eczema. We used this as a sealant over the eucerin original healing cream. The combination worked wonders. I also use this in my daughter's bottom at night. She has never experienced a diaper rash at almost a year old. We also use this for rashes, breakouts, or callouses.... Such a great product. Thanks Amazon for such a great price!

Absolutely wonderful. I wanted to review specifically because this is my first time trying the regular product, we had been using the baby version beforehand. Nothing compared to how well it treated diaper rash. My twins are now 3 and don’t really need diaper rash treatment anymore but still could use something from time to time. I found the baby aquaphor to be great not only for diaper rash but for my dry cracked hands,lips, even itchy dry legs. Basically the difference between the 2 seems to be that the baby one has an ever so slight scent, promises to relieve diaper rash, and is pediatrician recommended. The regular advanced kind is dermatologist recommended and has no scent at all, like vasoline. It is perfect and works the same. We will be buying this from now on.

If you have dry and cracked feet, this stuff is amazing. I use it about twice a week. Generously lather it on your feet, then put on a pair of white socks for several hours. If you are going to do a lot of walking, do this before you head out. You'll feel like you're walking on pillows. When I get my pedicures now, they no longer need to use the "cheese grater" to remove all of the dry skin on my feet. Will absolutely buy this again.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment