Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Keurig My K-Cup Universal Reusable Ground Coffee Filter, Compatible with All Keurig K-Cup Pod Coffee Makers (2.0 and 1.0)

Keurig My K-Cup Universal Reusable Ground Coffee Filter, Compatible with All Keurig K-Cup Pod Coffee Makers (2.0 and 1.0)

Keurig My K-Cup Universal Reusable Ground Coffee Filter, Compatible with All Keurig K-Cup Pod Coffee Makers (2.0 and 1.0)

I bought this because it says it's Universal. I've just gotten my first Keurig- a K-Mini- and want to use fresh ground coffee in it. When the package got here, I read the directions, took the filter out and removed the adapter as instructed then tried to put it into the machine- and it did NOT fit. It was way too big. After several minutes of playing with the thing I figured out what the instructions DON'T say. You have to reach under the machine head to where the coffee comes out and push up on the nozzle where the coffee comes out- the entire black piece you put the pod into pops out. Then the filter will fit down into the machine.

Finally a reusable K-cup that produces a cuppa Joe strong enough for my liking (I like it just short of Starbucks strength). I've bought and returned numerous reusable cups. They either didn't hold enough coffee or sent the water through too quickly rendering a cup of colored water. And all sent sludge into the cup if used without a paper filter.

This cup solves the strength problem but not the sludge, thus the 4-star rating. You can't use a paper filter because of the lid's locking system. A filter that would fit fully into the cup would uselessly let water and coffee grounds flow over the top of the filter. My workaround is dispensing the coffee through a Melitta single-serve pour-over system rather than directly into my cup. Now I have a beautifully clean strong cup of coffee. ::smiling::

I ask my coffee purveyor to grind at #9 and use 2 rounded tablespoons for a mid-sized cup.For a large cup, fill to the travel mug mark. Fill it fairly loosely; tap it only once on the counter.

We use regular store bought coffee. For anyone that complains there is a sludge in the bottom of their coffee, grow up. If you want a crappy cup of mister coffee from a coffee filter go buy one of those coffee makers. If there isn't a sludge in your cup it is a very weak cup of coffee. We love our coffee strong. 2 Tablespoons makes a large cup of coffee. We chose option 2 and STRONG. Comes out perfect every time.

By using regular coffee grounds like Maxwell House I think I calculated at one time about 15 cents a cup. I suppose for the Star Bucks addicts 50 cents to 70 cents for a K-Cup sounds great. Save your money and make an inexpensive cup that is equally as good.

YAY!!! I broke the spring in the filter holder part of the Keurig and the SoloFil reusable filter I had was not working anymore. This solved all the problems because the "attachment" used for the Plus models fills the space perfectly and the Keurig doesn't give the "ooops!" message anymore (the chip is in the lid).
For those saying it doesn't work, I'm guessing you're not grinding course enough. I self grind and I nearly need to have it as course as possible (think French press). If the grind is too fine, it won't push the water through. Also, if you fill it too full, it won't work either. Coffee expands when wet so don't fill past the max line (see instructions).
Also, the attachment option is only for the models with the carafe, you don't need the attachment if you don't have that with your machine but keep the attachment in case you upgrade.
Keep in mind, this refillable filter is for up to travel mug size. It won't brew a good strength carafe but there is a carafe refillable filter available on Amazon.

This is the newest and improved version of the older 2-piece version. The "My K-Cup Universal Reusable Filter" is now a 4-piece version. This works out better for me. After awhile the mesh of the filter would go bad and I would have to get a whole new unit. This version makes it so I would only have to replace the filter part itself if it goes bad.

This feels like a 3-piece product as the bottom piece is attached and shouldn't need to be removed except for cleaning purposes. You turn the lid to remove and pull it from atop the filter. I then rinse off the cap and dump the used grounds from the filter in the garbage.

Pros: Affordable. Simple to use once you learn the difference from the old version. Easier cleanup.

Neutral: Using this version of the refillable cup makes you have to choose the numbering system that Keurig uses. I usually go with 10 oz cups so I had to pick number 4.

Con: I cannot think of any cons at the moment but will update if needed.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • The only Keurig approved reusable filter designed for use in all Keurig home Coffee makers
  • Make your own gourmet Coffee
  • Incudes two fill lines; optimized for cup & Travel mug brew sizes
  • Premium, durable construction
  • Easy to use & easy to clean.BPA-free

Description

The Keurig My K-Cup universal reusable filter is a simple and convenient way to brew your favorite ground Coffee using your Keurig Coffee maker. Now, in addition to hundreds of delicious varieties of K-Cup pods, you can enjoy an even bigger assortment of Coffee. The Keurig My K-Cup universal reusable filter is the only reusable Coffee filter approved for use in all Keurig K-Cup Coffee makers. Brewing your favorite ground Coffee is easier than ever; just fill the My K-Cup reusable filter to one of the two fill lines, then pop it into your Keurig Coffee maker and in no time, you'll be enjoying a cup of hot, delicious Coffee. The Keurig My K-Cup universal reusable filter is optimized for both cup and travel mug brew sizes, and the removable lid makes filling and cleaning a snap. Highly durable and dishwasher safe (top rack only), the Keurig My K-Cup universal reusable filter is BPA-free, and made with materials that meet the highest standards of Product quality and safety.



Look for the video to use this. I was dumbfounded until I saw the video. You have to take the cup that holds the K-cup out of your machine first before putting this one in. To take the cup out of your machine (I used this on the Keurig K-Cafe Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee, Latte and Cappuccino) by GENTLY pushing the cup out from the compartment from the underside. Open the device where you put your KCup, put your finger underneath (where the coffee comes out) and gently push the cup contraption up and the small cup will pop out. You then place this Universal KCup in with the grounds and use as normally.

I ordered this reusable cup for my Keurig K-mini plus after ordering another pack of "Iparts " cups which didn't fit . I had been assured they would.

The reusable cups I had for the regular Keurig were interchangeable with regular K-cups. You could use tea K-cups, cocoa etc or the refillable cups. Not so with the Keurig K-mini plus. You have to remove the K-cup holder before using the reusable cup then replace it when you use regular K-cups. You also have to remove the adapter from the reusable cup. This cup has the white dot on the top. There is a filter inside.The lid turns to lock and the lock goes to the front. It takes a lot of jiggling to get the cup to seat so you can close the lid but it works well with no coffee grounds in your coffee once it fits.

A bit embarrassing, but I had no idea that it is recommended to replace your reusable cup every so often. WELL, mine is about five years old. We keep it nice and clean and the Keurig has been very well taken care of too. I was browsing around on Amazon when I found this cup. Let me tell you, this cup is amazing and in my opinion it completely blows the old reusable cup out of the water. It feels so much more sturdier and there is so much more room to add just about as much coffee grounds as you need to make one or two big cups. If you are thinking about getting a new reusable cup, get this one you 100% won’t regret it. Just as a side note, I have one of the old school Keurigs too and it works just fine.

My husband and I have different tastes in coffee so you’d think a Kuerig would be the perfect solution for us, right? Except I was unhappy with all the kcups I tried. I wanted my old familiar coffee but no kcup replicated it. So, I tried a reusable filter. Unfortunately, though it said it worked with all machines, it didn’t work with our new commercial model. After a little searching and hoping (I never did find a description specifically stating it would work with our machine) the My K-Cup saved the day. It works in the super duper commercial machine, it’s easy to use and even comes with a handy measuring guide inside the filter. The only down side is having to clean the filter between cups. I wish I could find just the gray inner filter to buy alone, but as it is I’m considering buying a few more of these so I can just keep one filled and ready without having to empty a filter every time.

These are great. They work with every Keurig I know of and brew great cups of whatever coffee you like best. They are larger than the knock-off reusable pods allowing you to make a cup of coffee anywhere between 6 ounces and 16 ounces, depending on how strong you like your coffee. They definitely save you a ton of money on the cost of K-Cups. I spend half the price of K-Cups buying a bag of coffee beans, grinding it fresh, and getting twice as many cups of coffee. I also purchase the little pod filters in bulk which gives you a cleaner cup of coffee that has a coffee house taste. My wife and I are coffee snobs and enjoy quality coffee and with these I make some wonderful coffee.
They are easy to use and easy to clean. If you want good coffee and also want to save a lot of money with the ridiculous price of pre-made K-Cups then this is the way to go.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment