Thursday, September 19, 2019

OXO Tot Tub Stopper Aqua

OXO Tot Tub Stopper Aqua

OXO Tot Tub Stopper Aqua

Thats right... I dont have a bathtub. But my kids love baths. I also have a huge collection of bath bombs most of them from lush and since I have no bath they are just overflowing my copper basket in the corner of my shelf. Whats a girl to do...

Insert my redneck idea. I bought a 50 gallon storage bucket to fill with water and make a bathtub. Ot worked like a CHARM, until I had to drain it. 100lbs of water and a platic tub on a flat shower floor was not ok... My husband made fun of my idea for a week. Insert the XOXO silicone suction cover. I cut a nice clean flat hole right above the drain and then put this silicone cover on top. Presto.
Redneck bathtub. I dont even care if its hickish of me... Im too proud to care.

Happy with my product. 😘

This product is well designed and feels good in the hand-smooth and soft. It has a weighted center (the silvery metal part). When I was about to put this one over the tub drain, I thought "for sure this is not going to work." The immediate area surrounding our tub drain isn't flat and there seems to have minimal contact between the tub surface and the drain stopper. Believe it or not, it seemed to work--the two cups of water (for testing) didn't leak, which surprised me, because there was very little weight over the stopper and it didn't look (nor feel) like it would do anything. I am yet to test it with a tubful of water.

I also got the traditional white flat sink stopper and the type that you insert into the drain (like inserting the cork on a wine bottle). The cork-like drain stopped works best; the flat white (I got the LDR Industries 501 4300 stopper) is cheaper and works second best. This OXO stopper does work, though I wish it could have more contact with the tub surface.

My tub drain has a slow leak when plugged. This OXO Drain Stopper works really well, as advertised. I love that it is weighted, so it really stays in place! I even unplugged the tub's plug mechanism to see if this would keep a good seal... and it keeps it leak-free all by itself with zero help from the tub's "plugger"! And the little suction cup on the tab of the silicone is really handy for sticking it to the side of the tub or tile when you're done! I always read reviews before purchasing, so I hope you find this review helpful!

Overall this item is a good drain stopper but there are some factors to be considered. First of all, it does not function via creating suction although there is a small suction cup in the projection which keeps the item in place. It works via laying flat against the weight of the water above it. This dynamic means that if you have a malfunctioning drain mechanism already in place, likely you will have to remove it before using this item. It will not work via applying it over the preexisting metal hardware. It needs to lie perfectly flat as there is no cup-like structure to fit over pre-existing hardware. Fortunately, removing the old hardware is fairly easy i.e. if I can do it, anyone can do so. That being said, there is no sizing required as is the case with plug-type drain stoppers designed to fit snugly into the drain hole. Fact is that this stopper does not work any better than stuffing a washcloth in the drain hole of the bathtub but it certainly looks a whole lot better. In fact, the biggest plus for this stopper is its looks. The item is very attractive and appealing. It looks good even when in use or when sitting on the side of the bathtub.

I bought this to use as a tub stopper for my infant daughter at bath time. The stopper on the tub is broken so this is perfect for us. I have only used this stopper a few times, but so far, so good. It does not suction around the drain, but rather rests on top of the drain under the weight of the bath water. The seal seems as tight as possible and I do not believe any water escapes during bath time. Not a lot of force is required to remove the stopper which is both good and bad. My 9 month old daughter did quickly discover how to pull on the stopper and break the seal. However, with a little re-direction she did leave it alone. Overall, I think it’s a little overpriced for what it is, but it works well and Oxo consistently delivers quality products.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Seals drain to fill tub with water
  • Suction cup secures Stopper to tub floor
  • Suction cup can be used to store stopper when not in use
  • BPA free. Phthalate and PVC free
  • The OXO Better Guarantee: If you experience an issue with your OXO product, get in touch with us for a repair or replacement. We're grateful for the opportunity to learn from your experience, and we'll make it better

Description

The OXO Tot Tub Drain Stopper keeps water in the tub during bath-time. Soft, flexible silicone makes it safe for little fingers, and a suction cup secures the Stopper to the tub floor with a water-tight seal, keeping water (and toys) from escaping down the drain. When the Stopper is not in use, the suction cup is convenient for storing the Stopper on the wall.



This is a review of the OXO Tot Silicone Tub Drain Stopper
(Measures 5” x 6”)

Edited - As of 2/4/2017 I am removing one star. Suction cup does not keep this on the side of my tub. Keeps falling off. Otherwise works flawless.

Summary – We have an older bathroom which has no cross hairs in the drain. We got this as a simple solution. We love this as it does an excellent job. Some of our past stoppers required you to wiggle and be careful to ensure you are getting a full seal. This one we just plop over the drain and turn the water on. Note – At first it seemed as though it may slide when in use or not stop the water, however, the plop has always been enough. As soon as the water comes down, the seal is formed and the weight of the water makes a perfect seal.

As noted in the description, it has a suction cup to hang it on the side of the tub when note in use. Another nice thing I love about this is how it is made of silicone and is easy to clean. Simply spray it off when you clean your tub.

In terms of price, this is about the cost of a low end stopper you would buy. Some of the pop up stoppers go for upwards of $20.

I do wish they had this in more colors to match our tub. (White, Black and Aqua)

This is doing everything we expected and would recommend. As with all my reviews, I will update this review should this develop issues with ongoing use.

This drain stopper does exactly what it is supposed to. We were recently struck two weeks apart by major snow storms, in the northeast. We lost electricity both times. Our water source is our well and without electricity, we don't have water to flush our toilets. The solution is to fill your tub with water and use that to put in the tank of your toilet to so you can flush. During the first storm I used the old tub stopper that I probably got at one of the big box stores. Within a few hours the tub had drained. I went on Amazon and searched for a better one and this one with it's good reviews drew my attention. Two weeks later we had the second storm, lost power again. But we were prepared and the morning before the storm was expected to hit, I filled the tub using this stopper. It kept the tub full for the 24 hours that we were without power and since it was in the hall bath that we rarely use, I just left it filled for a few days to see how it did. And yes, it remained full the entire time. This stopper did exactly what it supposed to do and did it really well.

We have been fighting the battle of the slow leaking plug in our bathtub for too long. I came to amazon and looked to see what was the best rated and best selling drain stoppers, which is how I came upon this.

It works as intended though I do think that a little bit of reading is needed for some to get a good seal. While the tub is still dry, place the suction on top of the drain and hold it down with your hand. Continue to hold the stopper in place when you start the water, and remain holding it until the tub fills and inch or two. What this does is helps to create the suctions and also prevent a break in suction during the initial filling of the tub.

This is almost a 5 star item. I removed one start because of one thing: this does not stick to the wall. The company added a small suction cup coming off the side of the item. I commend them on having a really, really good idea. It seems to help keep the item in place while in use, but it does not stay on my wall. Whether the wall is wet, dry, clean, between cleanings...when I stick it on the wall I always find fallen onto the floor within an hour or sticking it. So, between uses I put this under the sink. It's a small thing, but I think it is worth mentioning.

Works well over drain. I use this to prevent the water from leaking during bath time for my toddler. The seal we have doesn't hold the water in the tub so it slowly leaks out during a bath. This works perfectly in helping the water stay in the tub for the entire duration of the bath. If you put this over the drain hole while it's first filling up with water, it shifts away from the drain from the pressure of the water moving it but if you put it back after the tub fills a bit, it stays the entire time. The little suction cup is great for air drying the stopper and then I put it away so it doesn't develop mold in the bath tub area. Very happy with this!

This was the perfect solution for our new RV. Our old RV had a 1/2 tub for shaving your legs and letting our toddler wash off the dirt while she relaxed a little before bed on trips. Our new RV shower only stall was designed with a high lip basin but the drain needed to be plugged to hold a small bit of water and create a shallow tub. I tried some other plugs which failed and finally started shoving a wash cloth in the drain to plug it, but it didn't hold water long.

I went looking for over the drain seal type plugs and found this one. We have several OXO tools in our house and we love the brand so I though I would give it a try. It worked perfectly. With a little pressure during fill it created a nice seal and I now have a very shallow bath for a quick shave to conserve water and my daughter is happy with a small soak at the end of hot day of playing while camping.

I'd highly recommend this drain plug and If you have any questions on this plug, let me know! I'm happy to help!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment