Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, Gum Health, White

Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, Gum Health, White

Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, Gum Health, White

This is my 3rd Sonicare after switching from the Oral B and never looking back. I had the DiamondClean which was awesome until it quit after about 5 years. I then purchased the Series 2 to replace it because they were selling 2 for $99 at the time and my wife needed a new on as well. Although the technical specifications appear to be the same, the DiamondClean is much stronger. I recently forgot the Series 2 in a hotel and needed to find a replacement.

I wasn’t going to buy the Series 2 again as the performance isn’t as strong. In looking for the DiamondClean, it’s around 3-4 times the cost of the Series 2 so hard to justify. I found this new model and took a chance.

It is similar, if not the same, performance as the DiamondClean and it’s awesome. There are a few modes that few will use, but the new pressure sensitive feedback is great. It’s easy to put too much pressure on the brush and this feature trains you to correct that. This version comes with a lower grade case and a less fancy charger than the DiamondClean, but otherwise is the same at 50% of the cost.

My wife will likely be swapping her Series 2 based on this option being available. It’s really a great value without reducing the performance.

So, I was very hesitant at first spending more then a few bucks like I normally do on another electronic toothbrush, however, this thing is great! It has the right pressure for my gums (hence gum care option on the handle) it buzzes to let me know 30 secs are up in that section of my mouth so I can get the full 2 mins recommended of brushing and my mouth and teeth feel very clean. Even though I have it on the gum care setting, I have noticed my teeth becoming whiter! I bought one for me and for my husband. It came with a traveling case and the battery lasts like 2wks on a single charge.

I love how this cleans my teeth, and it looks a lot sleeker than our older model. Our older model got NASTY where the tooth brush attaches to the handle, this one doesn't at all. That was our main motivator for switching. Two things I don't like are:
1. The black color shows white toothpaste debris a lot more and it's pretty hard to keep clean, despite me being a relatively clean person. It's like Sisyphus - everyday there is white on the base.

2. You can't access any of the "special" features until after you brush your teeth for two minutes (gum treatment, etc.). I know that I am supposed to brush for two minutes - but sometimes I can't! Not to mention if I turn it off to spit the timer starts itself over and I never get my gum treatment! You can't take it out of your mouth when it's on to spit because then toothpaste splatter goes everywhere.

Before this I’ve used regular toothbrushes and cheap bulky electric ones. This toothbrush is actually amazing. It’s small enough to get into the areas that are uncomfortable to brush like the back of your teeth and corners. It’s even smaller than my toddlers electric toothbrush! I love how well it cleans my teeth. I used to get ready bad buildup and had to scrape off plaque all the time with a tool or my finger. Now I literally have no plaque and my teeth feel so clean afterwards. The timer is an awesome feature and it definitely helps you keep your teeth clean by brushing the correct amount of time and the battery life is great. No more changing batteries on deteriorating toothbrushes.

I ordered this because I'd heard that Philips made the best Sonic toothbrushes and that's what I wanted a true Sonic toothbrush! the package arrived on time with no problems. I opened and inventoried everything. My first impression I loved the dark color! I don't recall seeing a black toothbrush, it was nice and very clean looking and it had a really nice travel case with it as well. I charged the unit overnight as recommended. My first use and I was immediately impressed! My teeth felt cleaner in two minutes than my regular 5-10 minute manual brush did! I've been using my new Philips Sonic toothbrush three times a day for one week now and not only are my teeth feeling incredibly cleaner they are seriously whiter also! I'm converted now, since using this Sonic powered toothbrush made by Philips I will never use any other brush for my teeth! A hidden bonus for the guys,,, every since my teeth had very noticeably whitened my wife always wants to make out all of a sudden!!!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Customize your experience with the three different modes: Clean, White and Gum Care
  • Pressure sensor protects teeth and gums from excess brushing pressure while improving your gum health up to 100% more vs a manual toothbrush
  • Always know when to replace your brush head for an effective clean with Brush Sync replacement reminder
  • Quad pacer and Smart timer helps ensure dental professional recommended 2 minute brushing time and encourages brushing in each quadrant of the mouth
  • Batter charge indicator light let's you know when to recharge; 2 week battery life

Description

Improve your gum health up to 100% better than a manual toothbrush with the Protective Clean 5100 rechargeable electric toothbrush. It has a pressure sensor that protects teeth and gums from excess brushing pressure. Brush heads wear out over time. Our Brush Sync technology tracks how long you have been using your Optimal Gum Care brush head and how hard you have been brushing. Your electric toothbrush will beep to inform you when to replace your brush head. Customize your own brushing experience with your choice of 3 modes: Clean, White and Gum Care. The easy-start feature slowly increases the power of the brush as you get used to the Sonicare experience and the smartimer encourages a full 2 minutes brushing time as recommended by your dental professional. The battery charge indicator light lets you know when it is time recharge; 2 week battery life. The kit includes 1 Protective Clean 5100 handle, 1 Optimal Gum Care brush head, 1 charger, 1 travel case. Operating time (full to empty) Up to 2 weeks, Voltage 110-220 V



At first I almost sent this toothbrush back because the motor sounded like a bumblebee slowly dying in my mouth. Then I realized that bumblebee sound was the vibratory feedback that I was brushing too hard. It's a great feature, actually. I've had more expensive Sonicare brushes, but this one works just fine and I'd recommend it.

This Sonicare is a big improvement over my old Sonicare that I had to retired after 12-14 years of use do to the battery and charging system failure. The handle is slimmer and lighter for a much better maneuverability during brushing. The brush head is smaller which makes it easier to brush back behind the rear molars and under the tongue. This unite has 3 speeds however I have only use the regular bushing mode which like. The brush head easily and securely lifts off and on. The handle stands on the charging base using a 2 1/2 inch spindle that easily lifts on and off. I do like this unit much more than my old Sonicare

I have been trying to contain myself and not write a review prematurely before using the product for an adequate amount of time, but this is just a fantastic electric toothbrush. I wasn't sure about whether to buy this Philips Sonicare or a cheaper model. Other people's reviews were really helpful and I do not regret buying the more expensive toothbrush. Read the little instruction manual to learn how to replace the heads properly and how to full utilize all of the functions. As long as I am careful, there is minimal mess (it's cleaner once you get used to it) and having a choice between three settings helps set this toothbrush apart. The Optimal Plaque Control brush head does a great job and aren't too expensive if bought from the right store (BJ's Wholesale). The brush itself is comfortable to hold and paired with the right brush head is gentle while getting my teeth exceptionally clean like I just left the dentist.
Bottom line, this toothbrush is great and the purchase will not be regretted. Hope this is helpful!

The Philips Sonicare Protective Clean 5100 is such an improvement over the 'knock-off' copycat toothbrush I purchased about a year ago from Amazon. Read like it was a Sonicare but I hadn't noticed that it wasn't manufactured by Philips. After only 3 days of use, my teeth feel clean like they had with my previous Philips Sonicare that died after several years of use. The knock-off Sonic Essence read like it was equivalent but no way. It is really sad that companies try to get their products sold by naming them similar to reputable brands. Philips brand delivers.

I feel after researching all the models this one has a nice balance of price and quality and features. I feel that all the top models have features I would never personally use such as bluetooth and the extra cleaning modes. This one has clean, white, and gums mode which is plenty. It is very strong and sturdy feeling and my teeth feel way cleaner than a standard toothbrush. I bought the diamond clean heads to use as they fit on this model but am just using the gum healthcare brush it came with for now and that is wonderful, soft, and on the small side so it can get way in the back of your mouth easily. The travel case is a nice addition as well.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment