Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Pinzon 300 Thread Count Organic Cotton Sheet Set - Twin, White

Pinzon 300 Thread Count Organic Cotton Sheet Set - Twin, White

Pinzon 300 Thread Count Organic Cotton Sheet Set - Twin, White

These are really high-quality sheets! They're 100% organic cotton and bear the GOTS label (Global Organic Textile Standard). The cotton has a wonderful feel -- no polyester which is either too hot and sticky or too cold and clammy. The sheets are a beautiful ecru color. Remember that all-cotton fabric will wrinkle, so if you must have wrinkle-free sheets you'll have to iron them yourself. A partly-funny partly-vexing aspect to these sheets is that the fitted bottoms are tailored like a round bowl cover. It's a bit of a trick to find the head and foot. And they're voluminous which is better than too small. But, by golly, the fitted bottoms will stay in place, for they're anchored with one of the stoutest elastic bands I've seen.
How well do I like them? I'm going to buy another set.

I would give ten stars for the wide, strong elastic in the fitted sheet alone. The fitted sheet stays firmly PUT, unlike those with skinny elastic.

Tip: never dry anything with elastic in a hot or even warm dryer, because heat will kill the stretch. I found this out the hard way with sheets and clothes and underwear. Line dry the fitted sheet if you can; if you can't, dry as much as possible on 'no heat.' If it's not completely dry, what I do is finish the drying process by clipping the sheet up with 12 PCS,Ipow Portable Laundry Hook Hanging Clothes Pins Stainless steel Travel Home clothing Boot Hanger Hold Clips and hanging it on my shower curtain rod. I don't bother doing this with the flat sheet or pillowcase; just the fitted sheet because of the elastic. A little extra care in the wash will make it last a lot longer.

The only thing I could wish for is that the cotton itself was "crunchier," rather than having the peach-like finish, but that's just personal preference. It doesn't change the fact that these are lovely sheets at a reasonable price, and I will be buying some more sets in different colors.

I love these sheets. I have purchased several sets of sheets through Amazon, after scouring the reviews, and this is the first set I have actually liked. I bought a second set in another color.

PROS:
- Super soft and comfortable.
- One-inch wide elastic around the entire fitted sheet keeps it in place.
CONS:
- Since they are all cotton, they are pretty wrinkled coming out of the dryer. But that's because they are cotton, which to me is a good thing. I remember my mom ironing sheets when I was a kid, but wrinkled is fine by me.
- The dark blue are fine, but the blush colored sheets seem a bit thin; I can see the writing on my mattress pad through them.

Overall great sheets, and I did purchase a second time. They are much better than the $100 sheets I bought.

I’ve been on a search for beautiful blush pink sheets for my king-sized bed and purchased these after reading the positive reviews. I’m not disappointed that I risked it. These sheets are such a soft, millennial pink. The cotton is crisp but very soft. After washing twice, I’m pretty comfortable saying these are some of my favorite sheets ever. They do wrinkle if that matters to you. I took them out of the dryer still hot & put them on the bed immediately and they are still wrinkled. This is not an issue for me. The fitted sheet is generously sized and has a fantastic wide elastic band around the entire sheet. This keeps them in place despite me being an “active” sleeper. If you’re looking for a great sheet set at a phenomenal price, pull the trigger on these. You won’t be disappointed. I just wish Amazon offered pillowcases separately.

Unlike a bunch of other reviewers, I happen to like the silky feel of high threadcount sheets. So I was a little hesitant to buy these sheets as most everyone said they were similar to percale (ICK). But not only are they nice and soft, but they seem also to be durable, not wrinkly (rinsed and dried on medium heat before use), and would fit a fairly deep mattress, with nice thick elastic all around the entire fitted sheet. They fit my mattress snugly but probably about 2-3" deeper than I needed. But they claim to be certified organic, fair trade, etc so that's a big plus. I ordered the blush, which is a light peachy-pink - it seems that the color washes out a bit on my computer. I'm very happy with my purchase, and would definitely recommend.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Made from 100% organic cotton; organic cotton is grown from non-GMO seeds and prohibits the use of the kinds of chemicals commonly used in textile processing that can be harmful, helping to protect the environment, farmers, factory workers, and end consumers.
  • GOTS certified: GOTS is recognized as the world's leading textile processing standard for textiles made from organic fibers
  • This 300-thread-count percale is lightweight, breathable, and has been brushed to a peach-like finish for a notably softer hand feel.
  • Technofit technology ensures fitted sheet stays securely in place
  • Arrives neatly packaged in an organic cotton fabric bag for easy, beautiful gifting
  • Solid color for easy coordinating with surrounding décor
  • Machine wash and tumble dry on low
  • Twin sheet set includes a 68-by-96-inch flat sheet, a 39-by-75-by-16-inch fitted sheet, and a 21-by-32-inch pillowcase with a 4-inch hem

Description

An Amazon Brand.



These are the best sheets for the money. They are extremely well made and soft. I highly recommend these sheets and the navy blue is truly navy blue.

It isn’t easy to find 100% cotton XL twin sheets in stores - if there are any XL twin sets they all seem to be microfiber or cotton/poly blend - so I am pleased to have found these and am very happy with them. They are indeed 100% cotton and do have the organic certification tag as well. They are simultaneously soft and crisp - substantial and well made, not scratchy at all (peach-fuzz-like brushed cotton finish), and fit a dorm room XL twin mattress. The dove grey is a beautiful color and washed well (I’ve washed them twice). Comfortable to sleep in. They do wrinkle when slept on and come out of the dryer with wrinkles, but they are 100% cotton so I expected that and honestly don’t care - I’m not the type that irons sheets! They are soft enough that the wrinkles can easily be smoothed out when making the bed so it’s a non-issue for me.

First: It was wonderful to open the packaging and not be overcome by the stink of the 'dressing' fabrics often have, especially cheaper products.
Second: These washed up incredibly soft after the first wash (using Persil Sensitive Pro Clean detergent and Caldrea 'Sweet Pea' fabric softener). So, so far we have a great price, good softness, they're organic, nice thread-count and no smell - Hooray! I love a quality bargain.
Oh, and these are made in India, not China if anyone cares?

However, I deduct 1 star as I know most peoples distaste for ironing and despite getting these out the dryer as soon as the timer went off, they were SUPER wrinkled. I know this is the nature of 100% cotton sheets but these really are exceptionally bad. Having said that, for me that's not big deal considering the other pluses. Besides, I always spray (16oz of distilled water with 1tsp of fabric softener in a spray bottle) and smooth the sheets when I put them on the bed - gets the wrinkles out and adds a little extra scent. Added luxury in our house. Plus, I iron the pillowcases.
Back to the sheet set:
The thick elastic is great, keeps the sheets secure. Overall, I think they are a quality product.... if you can overlook or manage the wrinkles.

Edit: I forgot to mention the packaging is lovely and the little bag with the velcro for storage is a wonderful idea - keeps them clean and smelling great between uses.

I've been looking for light pink 100% cotton sheets for awhile and had bought some a few years ago on Amazon that turned out to be terrible and really cheap quality, but these sheets are really wonderful! I am very picky about my bedding and am always looking for good quality and value, but will pay more if I feel it's worth it. I was looking at PB sheets which are several hundred dollars when I came across these. I really do not like to sleep on synthetic materials and am so happy to have found these cotton sheets. I'm glad they are from India as I find Indian textiles to be of a high quality and good value and I can see that too be true in these sheets. The blush color is so pretty, with a slight peachy hue, but that works well with my bed and don't get me wrong, it's still very pink. They seem durable and well made, not the thickest sheets, but not thin or cheap either. As everyone else said, the elastic is extremely strong and thick and holds in place. All bottom sheets should be made this way! I was also surprised at how deep these are. I have a thick mattress topped by a thick featherbed and was able to completely cover all of it comfortably. I received the sheets yesterday, washed and dried them right away, and slept on them last night. They were soft and comfortable with that real cotton feel. I gave them 4 stars rather than 5 for comfort only because they're not the softest I've ever felt (and I do have high standards), but they ARE soft and I think they will soften even more with future washings. Other organic cotton sheets I've used softened more with time and I expect these will do the same. As others have mentioned, they do wrinkle after washing, but I didn't mind it. They smooth out pretty good on my bed and are appropriately casual, but if wrinkles would drive you crazy and you don't want to iron, then I'd look for something else. Otherwise, for these are an excellent choice, especially for the price. The pictures I shared were taken after one washing and during the day in a sunlit room.

Let me start by expressing how much I love bed linens, pillows, blankets and all things soft. They are my favorite things to purchase for my home. As soon as people walk in they see my affinity for them. I like my sheets soft but not sateen which I think is an easy out for poor quality. So far my favorites have been Target's organic cotton, which have been discontinued, and brooklinen which are not unreasonably priced but between pets and my constant need to update colors are not always in the budget. But THESE are amazing, cost effective and so incredibly comfortable. They are soft and breathable. The elastic used on the fitted sheet makes it easy to fold (if you know how in the first place), AND the short and long side are labeled, never be defeated by the fitted sheet again!! Oh and the pillow cases are longer than other standard cases, they fit my large memory foam pillows with out any extra stuffing and a little extra on the end !

I will definitely buy again in at least two more colors.

The ONLY thing I would change is adding the pocket to the cases, but that's just getting picky

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment