Friday, September 20, 2019

Zinus 12 Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress, Twin

Zinus 12 Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress, Twin

Zinus 12 Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress, Twin

I replaced a 20+ year old Sleep Number mattress with this mattress. I've had it over a week now and love it. The mattress is medium firm, which I like. The top layer of gel-infused foam provides a bit of sink in comfort, but not to the extent that it's hard to move or change positions. Mine expanded to a full 12" within 2-3 hours of putting it on my bed (I kept the Sleep Number foundation on the bed under this mattress). I don't wake up with back or shoulder pain at all. My old Sleep Number mattress was giving me both. To give you an idea of the give in the top layer, I have attached a couple of pics of my dogs on the mattress. I will say, they LOVE the new mattress and I have a hard time getting my Pittie (Black & White pup) to get off of it. The Rottie/Shepherd weighs about 92 pounds and you can see, the mattress has a good amount of cushioning for joints and pressure points. It's been a GREAT buy!

I will check back in 3 months and a year so I can say how the mattress holds up over time. Can't beat the price on this and I will be buying another one for my son soon.

A month and a half later - STILL loving this mattress. It is still very comfortable. I sleep great. I don't think it sleeps hot. I don't wake up with back or shoulder pain. I bought a second one on Prime Day for my son. I don't think you can go wrong with this mattress.

Four months later - this mattress is still great! My Pittie races me up the stairs to the bedroom and jumps in the bed first. When I'm at work, she sleeps on the bed. I love it. It's firm, yet comfy. I'm never hot and my room is the hottest room in the house during summer. I've recommended this mattress to all my friends and family. This has been an excellent value.

14 months later - This mattress has held up well over time. It’s still firm yet with enough cushion to be very comfortable. It has continued to be an excellent value for the money paid. No backaches or shoulder pain after sleeping on it. Both my son’s and my mattress are in excellent condition. I continue to recommend this mattress.

The mattress ended up being about what we had expected. More firm than a traditional spring mattress, but softer than others we have either slept on or tested out in a store. We, like most, were tempted in spending much more money from either a store or a bigger name brand online, but overall are very satisfied with our purchase. We also purchased the normal Zinus frame, which went together easily and has been doing a good job for us so far.

Packaging. It was easier than expected and the box wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be. It was easy enough to open, get the mattress out (that was nicely packed) and into our bedroom for opening. At some point during the process, we must have torn a small hole in the plastic bag and we could hear air starting to get in. Thankfully, we were able to get the mattress on the frame and the plastic off before too much expansion happened.

Set up/Expansion. We slept on the mattress the first night we set it up after about 6-7 hours of expansion. We felt like it was around 11", so we wanted to try it out. After sleeping on it over this past week, it has grown to 12" all the way around. We slid some cardboard (from the shipping box) under the mattress and on the frame to prevent the foam from leaking through the slots. It's worked great so far!

Smell. I hesitate to actually say this, but my wife swore for the first couple of days it smelled like Peanut M&M's. She has a weird sense of smell, but it did have a smell, although not bad or overpowering at all. After a week we don't notice anything at all.

Firmness. We decided with this mattress in particular because it was supposed to be softer than others. We're glad we got this one, because it is still more firm than we are used to. After a few adjustments to how we sleep, we both find the bed very comfortable and it is great.

Movement/Support. Although we haven't tried the wine glass test shown on older commercials, we have tested seeing if we can tell if the other is getting in or out of bed. For the most part, we can't tell. Like almost all foam mattresses, if you are too close to the sides, you will find there isn't a lot of support. I sleep pretty close to the sides and haven't had any issues.

Overall impression. I am VERY satisfied with our purchase. Not only did we save HUNDREDS (if not thousands) of dollars, it was delivered quickly and easily. We haven't had to deal with customer support, but hopefully between Amazon and Zinus we could resolve any issues if they were to come up.

My wife and I recently bought this bed and have only slept on it for a few nights so far, but I intend this to be a "rolling" review where I update as time passes.

(6/19/17) The unpacking:

The bed came in a decent sized box that I was able to carry into the apartment with no problem. It was packaged well with many layers of protection for the mattress. I unpacked the mattress and laid it out on our bed frame, which it fit perfectly. I did this around noon time and the bed was fully expanded at a uniform 10" by bed time that night. I observed absolutely no odor upon unpacking.

(6/23/17) The first few nights sleep:

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality considering the price. I didn't really know what to expect, but I was cautiously optimistic. As everyone says, the bed is soft and firm. To a layman like me, it appears that you sink in until the bottom portion of "memory foam", which is where all the support really comes from. My wife and I have both been pretty happy with our sleep so far and both have noted longer stretches of sleep and less readjusting throughout the night.

For now, I am leaving the rating at 4/5.

(7/7/17) An update after a few weeks of sleep. Its holding up well, still comfortable, and is agreeing with both my wife and I and neither of us wake up with back pain any more. No buyer's remorse so far. Very happy with this purchase and have upgraded to 5/5 stars for now.

(8/7/17) Love it. I actually think the bed is getting more comfortable as its being "broken in" a little bit. Sleeping better than ever. Never wake up with aches and the bed is holding up after months of use. Both still happy!

6/2018

We ended up buying a new bed after a year. After about 6 months the quality declined. Keeping at at 4 stars. There will be no further update. We are keeping it as a guest bed and have received compliments.

For the price, i would call this a quality temporary solution. Certainly not a great long term option.

This review is for the 12 inch, full size model. I have waited a month to review this mattress, in order to avoid prematurely declaring it a great buy. 30 days later, I can say without hesitation that this is the best mattress I have ever owned. Some background:

-I am 5'11, 165 lbs.
-I am strictly a side sleeper.
-Previous mattresses prior to purchasing the Zinus were a Stearns & Foster (cost over $2000) that felt amazing in the store, but started to cause pressure point pain within two nights of use. Kept it to avoid the hassle of returning it until I could no longer deal with it. Next was a King Koil Laura Ashley model. Oddly, it was an improvement over the Stearns and Foster in spite of the cheap price, but it developed sagging issues and my pressure point pain never really went away.

Fast forward to my purchase of this Zinus 12-inch mattress. I was extremely hesitant to purchase a mattress without trying it out first. I figured (based on the price) that it would be a cheap imitation of a Tempur-Pedic, Casper, Bed in a Box, etc. Yada yada, I decided that nothing could be as bad as my last two mattresses and purchased an entire new setup from Amazon (frame and mattress).

I opened the mattress immediately upon delivery (took about 6 days) and placed it on the frame to decompress. In 30 minutes, it had "puffed up" to 10 inches, and within an hour and a half, it measured exactly 12 inches from top to bottom in all four corners. Paranoid and unfamiliar with memory foam, I decided to let it just sit there for a full 24 hours to avoid messing it up somehow.

I did not notice the funny smell mentioned by some reviewers. In fact, I didn't notice any smell whatsoever.

This mattress has completely relieved all of my pressure point pain. I actually look forward to going to sleep now instead of dreading it.

It's firmer than I thought it would be prior to ordering, but definitely not overly firm. There is a "give" when you roll onto your side, as with all memory foam mattresses, but it's more of a "cradle" than a "sink." As far as the material "sleeping hot," I do notice it somewhat as compared to my old innerspring mattress, but it's not even close to being a deal-breaker (i.e., I haven't woken up sweating a single time).

No body impressions, no sagging after one month. I think it's even more comfortable now than it was 30 days ago, if that's even possible.

I have one serious regret about this mattress... that I didn't buy it sooner.

So this was a hesitant purchase. However at the price point I decided to risk it. It would be my very first foam mattress. At 6' 2" and 280lbs. as well as suffering from a crushed vertebra and poor lower back health. Sleeping comfortably was difficult. My wife who is 5'7" add 120lbs. is the polar opposite of me. However neither of us could stand our 12 year old $1700 King size pillow top from a a name brand that starts with Sealy any longer.

So its been over a month, and we love it! Both of us have differing sleeping style, her on her belly and me on my side. Both of us are really getting a deep and enjoyable sleep. At this price I can replace it every 3 years and be ahead of the game.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Cool, Conforming, and Comfortable, Gel-infused Green Tea Memory Foam for a better night's sleep
  • 2 inches Gel-infused Memory Foam, 3 inches Comfort Foam, 3.5 inches Air-flow High-density Foam, 3.5 inches Air-flow High-density Base Support Foam
  • Foam is CertiPUR - US Certified for durability, performance, and content
  • Zinus infuses its memory foam products with natural green tea extract and all natural active charcoal to help absorb moisture, eliminate odors, and keep your mattress fresh
  • Smartly Shipped - Our patented technology allows our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door

Description

Enjoy the cool comfort and support of Gel-infused Green Tea Memory Foam for a better night’s sleep. The Gel-infused Memory Foam and Pressure Relieving Comfort Foam provide support by conforming to the natural shape of your body. The High-density Support Foam layer provides long lasting durability and stability. This mattress is ideal for all types of sleepers and provides plush support. Please open your mattress package within 72 hours of receipt and allow 48 hours for your new mattress to return to its original, plush shape. Worry free 10 year limited warranty. Another comfort innovation from Zinus.



omg, had no idea of how much sleep and relaxation I had been missing out on all of this time. I had no idea that these mattresses were so needed for a midlife gal until now. I definitely had no idea that you could purchase things like this from Amazon. I had gone out to the stores, on the memorial day weekend looking to purchase one, thinking that the sales would be great, how ever even with the sales they were very pricey. earlier that day I had gotten an email from Amazon, which contained these kind of mattresses, but I had totally ignored and went to the stores anyway, well after seeing how pricey they were in the stores I remembered the email from Amazon, so I went back home just to check it out. wow I could have really saved myself the trip to the store because Amazon's prices were out of sight, totally reasonable. Now to the good part, I received in 2 days as promised and boy has my life changed. I had no idea how comfortable these mattresses were. Once you cross over 50 yrs old, I now realize that your body begins telling you what it needs, vs. you telling your body what's goin' down, lol....... Honey my body had been crying for this for a while and I totally ignored it. I had no idea that the soft springy mattresses was the reason that I had been waking up on some mornings feeling like crap with the bones in my back, hips and neck hurting and feeling like I had been in a street fight during my sleep. well I guess with the other types of mattresses I had been sleeping on were so soft that they were allowing my body to fold and bend up like a pretzel or a chicken wing, and then when I would wake up in the mornings and attempt to dash right out of bed like I was still in my 20's, my body just would laugh at me like, REALLY???? the past 2 weeks I have been sleeping on this mattress and I have slept like I haven't slept in years, I actually over slept for 2 mornings and was running late to work and had to call my job and say that I was caught up in traffic, yeah I was caught up all right, but it wasn't the traffic, it was that darn, freakin, awesomely comfortable mattress, SMH........ Thanks Amazon for making me a happy well rested woman.

Great mattress for the money. Well made and comfortable. Found that the 10 inch was a little firmer and better for our backs, so this 12 inch is moving to the guest bedroom. Both the 10 and 12 inch sleep better than our old pillow top spring mattress.

Been a month now, 12 inch is too soft and edge support is insufficient for my 220 lbs. 10" was much better, love the 10" and cheaper. If your 100 lbs maybe the 12" is for you.

I absolutely love this mattress! My husband doesn't snore as bad, I can't even feel him move around anymore (and he moves a lot in his sleep), plus we no longer wake up tired and in pain.

I had a temperapedic mattress for about fifteen years and paid about 3500.00 for it and was not really thrilled with it I just brought this one and I love it, just purchased a second one for guest bedroom.

I love this 12 inch queen mattress. I originally had the 10 inch model ordered but decided to order directly from Zinus and get the 12 inch model for a better price. The mattress got to me in 5 business days if I recall correctly, via standard shipping to Midwest. It arrived in a box about that was about 4 feet tall or so and was about 80 pounds. The mattress was easy to get on my platform and it came to 10 inches in about 10 mins or so. I let mine sit for 24 hours without sheets, I still slept on it the first night, and it had reached a height of 11 inches last time I checked. The mattress is without a doubt firm but somehow it doesn't feel like your sleeping on a rock since the memory foam molds to your body. I have had it for a month now and I love it. I would recommend this in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a cheap mattress that won't break the bank but still wants a good value for their money. For those on the heavy side wondering if this is the mattress for them, I am about 250 in weight and I haven't had any issues sinking in and edge support is great for when you're just sitting on the edge of the bed for one reason or another. The mattress also doesn't weigh much so it's easy to move, in my opinion.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment