Saturday, October 26, 2019

AmazonBasics Microfiber Duvet Cover Set - Lightweight and Soft - King, Beige

AmazonBasics Microfiber Duvet Cover Set - Lightweight and Soft - King, Beige

AmazonBasics Microfiber Duvet Cover Set - Lightweight and Soft - King, Beige

I didn't read the description really well and thought (from picture only) that I was buying a white comforter! When I saw the box they delivered, I was immediately annoyed. I thought that they had misrepresented the item and was preparing to complain! Then I re-read the posting and gave it a try. I put my daughters slightly-scratchy type comforter inside the duvet cover and...omg. I believe she said "most comfortable blanket ever" or something like that. It is very soft and the fact that I can put other blankets in there very easily is really a plus. I hated it in the beginning, and now we are looking to purchase another in a bigger size. Just an FYI, I bought the twin / twin XL and it was big enough for her twin comforter and then some. Very happy overall.

I love these. I doubt I will buy anything else next time I need bedding (unless I find myself able to afford those $100+ sheets, just to see how they compare 😆).

Super soft—for real, so, so soft. What more do you need to know?

The duvet cover has ties in the corners inside, to hold the duvet in place, but my duvet doesn't have any attachment points for them… so it sometimes does a cartwheel inside the the cover and gets all wonky. But it's simple to unsnap, straighten, and re-snap every few weeks when it gets too twisted up inside. I might use safety pins now that I think about it…

I might even buy more colors. Really wonderful bedding. Maybe the best I've ever slept in.

I almost never write reviews, but thought this might be helpful to some people:

This duvet cover has ties inside, at each corner. These are supposed to be used to anchor the duvet inside the cover. If you don't do this, it will slide around and end up bunched up at the bottom--this is true of any duvet cover, that's why most have the ties inside (every duvet cover I've ever used has ties). If your duvet/comforter is like mine and doesn't have anything at the corners to tie the cover to, just do what I do: bunch up a corner of the duvet, then tie around it. I've included a photo to show what I mean. I've been doing this for years with other duvet covers, and it always works! This duvet cover is no exception.

As far as my review of the cover itself, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it is for the price. The fabric is very soft, almost has a silky feel to it. It has snaps to open and close the cover, which is nice because I've had one with buttons that was always falling open on its own. The snaps keep this shut.

Holy moly did I have fun putting my duvet in this. Haha so I bought a duvet like a couple months ago and didn't realize they sold covers for these things. I searched for a couple days as I do with most things I buy and it was between this one in grey or another kind in grey as well. I compared prices and this one won me over. It seemed to be good quality and I saw lots of good reviews so I ordered it. Once it came, i got my duvet in it and I realized I had it sideways so I took out the duvet and turned it and tada. I really like the string ties in each corner to keep it from slipping. And the snaps to close it were nice too. It makes that nice loud snap sound. Mine is still wrinkled but I'm sure it will smooth out when I wash it.

Incredibly soft and comfortable at an amazing price! I haven't washed them yet though but hope they'll hold up well in the wash!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Lightweight polyester fabric provides exceptional softness
  • King duvet set includes a 104-by-88-inch duvet cover and two 20-by-36-inch pillow shams
  • Wrinkle-resistant fabric; hidden button closure and internal duvet ties for securing duvet in place
  • Beige offers timeless good looks and effortless coordinating with surrounding decor
  • Easy to care for: machine wash warm, no bleach, tumble dry low
  • Made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, an independent certification system that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards.

Description

An Amazon Brand.



Soft and comfortable. I ran it thru the washing machine prior to installing it on my bed, however, it arrived looking clean. This is at least as nice as the 120 dollar duvet cover it replaced and does have the corner ties to hold a duvet in place. I used it with Lightweight Comforter, Ultra Soft Down Alternative (White, King) - All Season Comforter - Plush Siliconized Fiberfill Duvet Insert - Box Stitched- by Utopia Bedding.

I bought this for my children's bedding for our summer vacation rental. Existing bedding was polyester and very uncomfortable and after reading reviews I thought this might be a good solution. Boy am I impressed with the quality and softness. My kids says its like sleeping on clouds. And this is coming from a family of bedding snobs. I've never bought anything other than a high thread count cotton and now considering buying this for my bedding at home!

I was searching for one duvet cover with two properties. One, I wanted it to be lightweight. The last one I bought weighed as much as the comforter that I put inside it. Uncomfortable was the only word I could come up with to describe it. This one is lightweight, covers my duvet perfectly, has ties and snaps. The second thing it had to be was microfiber. I have cats. I've learned over the years that Microfiber lasts longer with pets, is soft to the touch, and stays soft to the touch after you wash it.

When I found this Amazon Basics Duvet cover, I saw that it came with a reasonable price tag, was the correct color (grey), was microfiber and because a few of the reviews said the fabric was a bit thinner, I was counting on it not to have excessive weight, but would be sturdy enough to hold the comforter. Color me very happy with this. Sometimes I've been burnt by Basics products, but not this time. This checked off all my needs, and looks great on the bed (plus it matches my grey curtains, which had been a housewarming gift and were becoming difficult to match with any other color. Love this. If you want a high quality, super-high thread count microfiber, don't buy this. But if you'd like to get your money's worth and have something nice against your skin, buy this one.

I ordered this as I could not find local stores that had decent soft duvet covers in masculine colors, this is for my son at college. The microfiber is really soft and this has a lot of choices of colors. It is a low price which seems right for college as college. However upon removing it from the package it had several snags in the fabric, pulls. Since we discovered this while setting up the dorm room on move-in day we just accepted it as "it is what it is for Made in China and this low price" and deemed it good enough for college. It fits and is really soft and our son loves it. Rating 4 stars, LIke It. I cannot find anything similar on the market with these color selections and this LOW price so I am not being too harsh on the rating.

Prior to purchasing a new sheet set and bedskirt to go with this duvet I was most interested in knowing if the stripes on it were taupe or gray, so I could ensure the sheets matched the stripes. A few people who purchased this item stated that the stripes were gray, but the opposite side was solid taupe. It took me a while to make the decision to get gray sheets since every way I looked at pics of the duvet said TAUPE not gray. The gray sheets I ordered and this duvet arrived today, and low and behold, the stripes are TAUPE...the same color of taupe that is on the opposite side. Why didn't I go with my gut?!? But I'm just going to stick with it since the tiles of my bathroom have a combination of gray and taupe colors. I like the feel of the fabric. Who knows if I'll regret getting gray sheets, but for clarity: THE STRIPES ON THIS DUVET ARE TAUPE, **NOT GRAY**

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment