Monday, November 4, 2019

AmazonBasics Room-Darkening Blackout Curtain Set - 42" x 63", Black

AmazonBasics Room-Darkening Blackout Curtain Set - 42" x 63", Black

AmazonBasics Room-Darkening Blackout Curtain Set - 42

Here are a few things to consider when purchasing these blackout curtains:

Once you put these bad boys on your window, the room will turn into a black hole of darkness that will engulf both soul and body. I cannot even describe the room I was in as black, it was a much deeper, almost boundless effect. Sensory deprivation will set in within minutes. You will lose all sense of what is up and down and feel like you are floating in deep space.

After spending 10 hours in the room with the blackout curtains, my other senses became heightened. I heard the pitter-patter of ants walking on the floor. A mosquito buzzed by my ear and it sounded like a 747 roaring just feet overhead. I popped in a tic-tac from my pocket and it tasted like I had just chiseled off a block of arctic glacier from the Black Sea. When I touched the wall, it wasn't so much a touch, as a merging of two souls into one.

The problem is when you open the curtains. Even though it was midnight, just the faint flow of the stars nearly burned my retinas. A key tip is that you have to gradually introduce light back into your life. I would recommend buying a nightlight and using that as your only source of light for a few days after being in the room with the curtains. It will help re-integrate you back into the normal world of light.

I cant recommend highly enough. Unfortunately, we had to return because my wife didn't like the color (which I loved).

I spent far too long looking for thermal curtains for my Chicago studio apartment so when the cold snap hit earlier this month, I had to bite the bullet and buy curtains to keep the cold out. I'm *extremely* pleased with these curtains because they've drastically improved the temperature in my apartment (so well, that I actually had to open a window to let some cool air in a couple of nights).

Most of the things that other reviewers have said about these curtains is pretty accurate:
1. They're not going to win any design awards, but they are not completely ugly.
2. You need to install a wrap around curtain rod if you're after complete darkness (I wasn't, so I didn't install one, and if you are after complete blackout conditions, you might want to avoid the lighter colors).
3. These curtains are good quality for the price.

I've had them for almost two weeks, and I'm really happy with the way they're doing what I need them to do, which is keep out the cold!

Great quality! Ordered it in Beige. Really does block out light. Love that it already comes with 2 panels.

Perfect for my kids rooms. Now I don't have to worry about them getting cold at night, these insulate the windows really well. With both windows shut it's pitch black even in the middle of the day which is awesome for nap time. I also like that they came with little Velcro pieces that hold the drapes open. Great color selection and price, going to use this company for all our bedrooms. The only thing that went wrong was that I purchased two sets for two windows, they're much larger than they appear so I only needed on panel per window and they're large windows, but it was ok since my husband liked them so much he wanted the other set for our bedroom. Sidenote: in my photos I left one window open for both pictures because if I had shut it, it would have literally been a photo of nothing but black lol

For the price these are FANTASTIC! I have a sunroom which is basically all glass and gets VERY cold in the winter. I needed something to keep the room warmer and these fit the bill beautifully. They are sturdy and keep the room quite warm. Plus, they also block out all of the light coming in. When closed it’s like midnight!! The Velcro tie backs are an added bonus and are easy to wrap around when I need them open.

I love them so much I’m buying more for my bedroom. They are SO much better than the pricey Eclipse curtains I just bought, which are so stiff I have to fight them to open or close them. I really recommend these!!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Blackout curtain blocks out sunlight and harmful UV rays, reduces outside noise, and ensures total privacy
  • Creates energy-saving insulating barrier against heat and cold, keeping room cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter
  • 2 panels made of innovative triple-weave fabric; no stiff liner; elegantly frames windows with a sophisticated drape
  • Rod pocket fits any standard or decorative rod; includes 2 Velcro ties for pulling back the curtains
  • Made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, an independent certification system that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards.
  • The color may appear slightly different from photographs depending on the lighting where the curtains are hung

Description

An Amazon Brand.



These are exactly what they say - good, basic blackout curtains. I hung them using drapery pins so that they would work with the curtain rods and rings I already had. They do a great job of blocking light and look richer than expected for the price. They also have a substantial seam allowance at the hem, so the length could easily be adjusted by several inches.

Curtains cover my small 48x28 window perfectly and the materials used feel like they are worth a hundred dollars especially the attention to detail in the stitching where the rod inserts and the cuffs to hold the mid-sections of the curtains to the side. The cuffs are simple velco and the lined blackout material is white on the reverse side. As long as you hang these curtains high enough they will block out daylight and cover the window fully. Install time took me minutes...less than 20 minutes mostly to go downstairs and get a stepladder and tap and screw the screws into the rod hooks. Very simple and fast to put up.

We have an older home and it gets cold and drafty in the winter. We purchased these curtains to help keep the cold out and we can already tell a difference since we hung them up. The curtains aren't fancy but they do the job. They're nice curtains for the price and I like that they're lined in white so that's the color that shows from the street.

Very pleased with these. They do not block all the light out, but they give me the privacy I needed and wanted for such a large window in my bedroom. They are very thick and stiff, I had to steam them to get them to “lay” nicely. Overall good quality.

These do make the room nice and dark which is a bonus in my bedroom. The white is VERY white and they are thick material. Well constructed. Stiff and wrinkly when they come out of the package but running them through the washer and dryer helps a lot with that.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment