Monday, November 25, 2019

Guinea Pig Fleece Cage Liner for Midwest Habitat | Guinea Pig Bedding | Guinea Pig Fleece | Cookies and Milk

Guinea Pig Fleece Cage Liner for Midwest Habitat | Guinea Pig Bedding | Guinea Pig Fleece | Cookies and Milk

Guinea Pig Fleece Cage Liner for Midwest Habitat | Guinea Pig Bedding | Guinea Pig Fleece | Cookies and Milk

I love this fleece cage liner for my piggies! It’s cute and soft. I wish they were more affordable because I would buy several. You need to keep up with cleaning these and wash them every few days or their cage will start smelling like a barnyard. I shake mine out once a day to get their ickies off there. It is durable though and adorable. To wash I use a Lysol disinfectant detergent and baking soda to get rid of the odor and put it through an extra rinse cycle.

These fleece cage liners are one of the best purchases we've made. The material is soft and cozy for our guinea pigs, they stay dry and look great even by the time we need to change them out and clean them. They definitely make cleaning up pig cages easy and it's less expensive over all than the disposable bedding. The only problem we've had is when washing them one by one they sometimes don't wring out well in the washing machine. As long as we throw in 2 at a time, or one with some other towels that we also use for the pigs, we don't seem to have that problem. We now have 2 sets of fleece liners so that we always have a clean one to change into in the cages.

Having recently read up on using fleece liners instead of recycled paper bedding, I invested in one of Ellie's lovely hand sewn fleeces made to measure for my two piggies' Midwest Habitat.

Not only will the fleece pay for itself after three months of not buying the other bedding, but it's so much easier and cleaner than the recycled paper I was using before. I simply put the pigs in a little pen on the floor (on top of a puppy pad) give them their little veggie snack, kift out the fleece liner, dump their waste in the garbage, put it back in wash once a week. No smell, no weekly build up (let's face it, "spot-cleaning" a cage full of little paper scraps is like finding...well, 50 or 60 individual poop pellets in a haystack. Twice a day. Every day.

This takes five minutes, total, morning and night.

Odor-free room, fresh-smelling piggies, happy mommy.

Can't recommend enough.

PS I thought I'd beat the system and not have to buy this liner, because it and others of its ilk seem to run around $60 which isn't dirt cheap, but when I used regular fleece from the fabric store, not sewn into perfect fitting, triple-ply pillowy perfection, it just didn't work the same. I would love to have two of these, but one works fine, I just put down the inferior fleece for the hour that I wash and dry this liner on Saturday morning.

At 1st I was shocked at how expensive these fleece blankets are. However, not having to buy bedding it ends up saving $ in the long run. Cleaning and sweeping daily is so much easier. This is our 3rd fleece we have purchased, so theres always at least 1 clean when it comes time to change the fleece.

These liners are perfect for the Midwest Habitat. I had been purchasing liners from another vendor that kept shrinking excessively, despite cold water washing and line drying. These liners are perfect and appear to have zero shrinkage with the same care conditions. Exactly what I was hoping to buy. The patterns are cute and my guinea pig is very comfortable on them.


Get it Now

Feature Product

    Description

    Check out all of our CAGE LINERS and TUNNELS: amazon.com/handmade/smallpetsandcompany

    SWITCH TODAY! Our triple-layer cage liners are made of two layers of luxury fleece and our super-absorbent middle layer, designed to eliminate odor and keep your pet's paws dry. No need for expensive and smelly paper bedding.

    HOW IT WORKS
    1. Prewash & dry your new cage liner 1-2 times to prep the fabric.
    2. Lay your cage liner directly on the bottom of your pet's cage. (It will go up the sides a bit to ensure a good fit) You don't need to use any other kind of newspaper or disposable bedding underneath it.
    3. Once a day, sweep up loose bits of hay/pellets using a dust pan & brush.
    4. Once a week (for one piggy) or every 5 days (for two piggies), shake the liner into a garbage bag, wash, dry, and put back in the cage.

    FAQs
    Q: What size is this?
    A: This liner is designed to fit a 24" x 48" cage. We make our cage liners a couple inches larger than this to ensure a perfect fit.

    Cages This Liner Fits:
    Midwest Guinea Habitat (Fits the Plus version too!)
    Living World X-Large Cage (not the Large size)
    AmazonBasics Pet Habitat Jumbo Size (not the other sizes)

    Q: How is a cage liner different than using fleece on its own?
    A: Fleece on its own bunches up, does not absorb (making your piggies sit on a wet surface), and does nothing to help with odor.

    Q: My cage size is not offered, can you do a custom order?
    A: We're not able to make custom-sized cage liners because we want to keep our prices low and shipping fast. Not to worry, we're adding new cage sizes all the time!

    Q: How do I wash my cage liner?
    A: Wash on cold, no fabric softener; dry on LOW heat or hang to dry. Add vinegar as needed, to help minimize odor.

    Q: Can I buy a cage liner for my rabbit?
    A: Yes! Cage liners are great for rabbit pens.



    Love it, makes cleanup so much easier & it fits (a bit bigger than the cage, it goes up the sides somewhat but I was hoping for that) still put puppy pee pads under it to add an extra layer of protection, glad I did cause sometimes somehow pee still gets through (I clean cages, 2 midwests attached, every 5 days but 2 young female guinea pigs mark their favorites spots with pee)

    I got this fleece overnight, which was incredibly exciting because I had already ordered my new, larger cage and was planning to use bedding until I got new, larger fleece. I saw this fleece on Amazon on a Friday night and it arrived the next day, so I never had to use the messy bedding. The fleece is a fun pattern, fits the cage perfectly, and was less expensive than fleeces sold at the online guinea pig stores.

    First of all, THIS IS THE CUTEST THING. My squeaky potatoes love it. Its soft, seemingly durable, and a whole lot easier to clean than wood bedding is. The price seems steep, but for the quality, and the fact that you will not have to buy other bedding, it is extremely worth it.

    My REMY loves the fleece liner and I love it because it keeps him clean and happy!

    This is a great alternative to disposable bedding for my guinea pigs. I love how easy it is to change the liner and the pattern is great! Great product, quick shipping and friendly sellers. I will definitely be back!

    Get it Now

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment