Saturday, November 30, 2019

Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Big Sheet

Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Big Sheet

Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Big Sheet

Yes, you can use this under a broiler or at 450+ degree F to roast vegetables, and yes, cooked-on oil comes clean and doesn't affect the stickiness of the pan. This is all aluminum, with (allegedly) steel around the edges so it doesn't warp at high temperatures. Very heavy duty pan.

A little history: when I moved out on my own for the 1st time, my mom gave me a no name aluminum sheet pan. I have abused this thing for about 10 years. My mom had it for probably 20 before me. I have a little family of my own now and my husband likes roasted veggies, but I have found that I often make broccoli and potatoes or fries or homemade chicken nuggets in the same night. I have go thru a few other sheets pans looking for a sturdy one to accompany my old beat up one. They all would twist or warp over 400 degrees like it was their job. Didn't seem like the price made a difference. I had cheap ones and then expensive ones. They all went funny at 400. I assumed all pans did that these days and almost gave up, but then I found this one. Two, actually. So now I have three awesome pans. I use the old one and one new one for veggies, and the third exclusively for baking cookies so it will stay cleaner and stick free.
Note: these are not "non-stick", they are just not sticky because the metal is really smooth. If you're afraid of chemicals leeching into your foods from non-stick coatings, these are a good choice. Use a fat (oil, shortening) to make foods easy to remove from the pan.

I've never owned one of these before so I put it in the dishwasher not knowing that I wasn't supposed to ......... I'm sure you can guess how it turned out. However, I was sure that would not change the usefulness of the pan so I've continued to use it anyways. With a sheet of aluminum foil on top and a light spray of cooking oil all my food has come out of the toaster oven perfectly! The sturdiness of the pan and the even cooking were the reason I bought the pan and the trip through the dishwasher didn't ruin that one bit.

I'm finally writing this review 1/2 a year after purchasing because I recently handwashed the pan and it almost looks like new! It seems that the cooking spray has been leaking through the foil and months of baking the oils has seasoned the pan. I imagine all these reviews with photos saying the pan is junk probably ran it thru the dishwasher and never tried to figure out why.

I love the jelly roll size. Two of these fit perfectly in the oven on the rack. They are much easier to clean than one huge pan, plus easier to store inside cabinets. It is very well-made with measurements exactly as described. These are by far the most frequently used item in my kitchen.

These are the nicest baking sheets I've ever owned, and I've tried a lot of different brands over the years! I will admit in the past I always went for the cheapest ones I could find, but now I know it's totally worth it to spend a few more bucks for quality.

I bought two half sheets a few weeks back, and now I'm writing this review just as I am about to order two more half sheets because I love them that much. If you're on the fence about this, just do it!!!

As advertised, they are a heavy gauge, high quality, and DO NOT warp. I fill a lot of orders for sugar cookies, and these sheets bake the cookies with even browning and a nice flat top that is perfect for decorating. I actually did a little experiment where I baked half my cookies on the Nordicware sheet, and baked the other half using a Farberware sheet. Same cookie dough, same silicone baking mat, same size and thickness of cookies, and same temperature and baking time. Guess what? The Nordicware cookies baked beautifully whereas the Farberware cookies were nearly burnt on the edges/bottom and had an uneven bake.

I also appreciate the high sides because I can wrap the sheets with plastic wrap, keeping my cookies soft and fresh during the decorating process. Also if the mood ever strikes for a jelly roll or swiss roll cake, these sheets will work nicely.

Lastly, I feel like this is a very fair price to pay for high quality, reliable baking sheets. I'll probably end up buying one or two quarter sheets at some point.

These are impressive! They don't warp, which is crucial when using to bake cakes. They fit side by side on my oven racks so I can have 4 jelly roll sized sheets baking, roasting, or reheating at once. I typically use parchment paper to line, therefore clean up is a snap. These Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Sheets are indispensable and I wish I found them sooner!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Proudly made in the USA by Nordic Ware
  • Large surface area and fits in standard oven; Dishwasher use is not advised, as it will shorten the life of the nonstick on your pan
  • Baked goods rise and bake evenly due to aluminums superior heat conductivity and the reinforced encapsulated steel rim prevents warping
  • Natural aluminum commercial bakeware is made of pure aluminum which will never rust for a lifetime of durability
  • Easy clean up, hand wash only

Description

Make mega batches of cookies and bars with this extra large sheet pan. Fits all standard size ovens. 35 percent larger surface than the half sheet! Our commercial-duty Naturals Bakeware is made of even-heating, rust-proof aluminum and features a galvanized steel reinforcement around the rims for added strength. Bakers agree that aluminum bakes best. Hand-wash cleaning only. Made in the USA. Limited Lifetime Warranty. Nylon, wood, or silicone utensils are recommended. Metal utensils and scouring pads may scratch natural aluminum pans, but will not affect baking performance



The quality is outstanding. The heavy-gauge wire under the rim prevents warping from heat, and the thickness of the metal transmits heat beautifully.

Update: I've just attached a photo of the perfect cookie from this pan, and one baked on a Wilton. I'm buying another Nordic Ware and giving away or recycling the Wilton at a scrap metal place.

I am very impressed by this bakeware. It is made from a single sheet of metal. It feels substantial in your hand. It is thick and rigid. I do not see this bending or warping at anytime in the future. The rim is just as solid. This tray can be picked up with one hand and does not bend or flex in any way. Plus it's Made in America. All bakeware should be as good as this!

These Nordic Ware pans are kitchen workhorses. I have three sizes in my kitchen now, the quarter, the half, and now the large. They are all made from the same durable aluminum. They clean up beautifully and they last. They heat evenly and beautifully. And, at this price, if you ruin one, you won't cry. I use these for everything from baking, to roasting vegetables, to catching drippings off meats. The large size is especially great for all the sheet pan dinner recipes that have become popular. The larger size ensures that the food won't be overcrowded.

One note is that putting these in the dishwasher will alter the color/finish of the pan, although it won't affect it's use. A couple of mine have been run through the dishwashers by others in my house. They aren't as pretty, but still work fine. These sheets are easy enough to clean that I think that it is far easier to clean them by hand.

Best baking sheet I've ever purchased. I spent hours researching online and this was the one! I was tired of wasting time (I own a business and work all the time) and money baking, just to find the bottoms burned. This sheet hasn't failed me and I've owned it for 2 years now. Purchased for friends and family members because everyone should own it. On Amazon today to purchase another for myself!

 This is excellent pan that meets almost all expectations.
Pros
-Perfect dimensions that stack with other pans
-Great price
-Decent Metal gauge
-Heat spreads evenly so everything cooks together.

Cons
-May warp when heated above 400F. (Mine first one did, I'll keep you posted on this new one.)

Overall
Great value pan. One pan isn't enough. I thought it was. Naively, I thought two would be enough too. I couldn't afford to spend another $20-$25 on a pan again. $10 makes sense and It's a comparable pan to the Commercial Vollrath pan. (Totally worth going all Vollrath if you can afford.)

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment