Monday, April 1, 2019

Digital Food Scale Digital Weight Scale, Grams and Ounces by Greater Goods

Digital Food Scale Digital Weight Scale, Grams and Ounces by Greater Goods

Digital Food Scale Digital Weight Scale, Grams and Ounces by Greater Goods

 My original review is below but I’ve learned how to really get the most out of my scale so I just shared a video as well.
Original Review:
My package arrived today and it seems to be very good quality scale that was ready to use, instinctively, right out of the box. They have easy instructions online for the little details though, easy peasy.

I’ve got to say, I’m very impressed with this company. Check out the picture I posted, reading the details if you can. Talk about giving back and minimizing waste! They’re also having a cool contest using the little temporary tattoos opposite the scale in the same photo which their site has info on as well.

I think I may have gotten a lot more than just a scale in the box, which sounds so hokie, I know. But when I finish this review I’m going back to their site to see what else they’ve got going on.

This scale is very lightweight and does the job perfectly fine. However, I did receive this product in the mail and the battery was low right off the bat. I decided not to fuss with customer service and just order a package of 3 lithium batteries on Amazon for around $5. Because of this, I would recommend ordering a package of lithium batteries along with it, you'll need them in the future even if you're lucky enough to not end up in the same predicament as me. Even with the purchase of additional batteries, I think the price for the scale is great so I would recommend it.

The size of the scale is small and portable yet decent, it offers a nice surface for measurement, and the surface is gradient not smooth, it's still easy to clean as stated.
The scale in comparison to a competitor's scale had the same reading so it's well calibrated. (see pictures)
The scale had a leg up on the competitor's scale because it was able to read out lbs and oz together instead of separate (so if something weights 1.5lbs it will read out 1lb Xoz instead of just 1.5 lbs or XXoz)

In my opinion the product is pretty nice, it does what it needs to do and it's compact. Having that one weight feature of combining lbs and oz simultaneously set's it apart. If your looking for a scale that will have a nice read out feature and is affordably priced, this is it.

We have 4 small dogs and they all live to eat. Hoping to avoid overweight dogs I measure/weigh their food 2X a day so my scale gets a workout every day. My last scale was a wackadoodle, I couldn’t wait to repackage and return.
I just opened the package and I’m pretty tickled here. It’s This very light weight & small but not delicate. I just put all the utensils, the different types of foods that I seem to put on a scale two times a day and it never made a mistake or reset it; never stopped working. I’m going to watch this product because I use it so often and I’ll update within a month to see how it held up. I’m really hoping it’s not a “too good to be true” product. See ya soon.
@@@@@@@@@@
I wrote that earlier today & have since used it. This is a very good scale especially since I paid less than $10. It did EXACTLY what it was designed to do. Weigh items as you add ingredients and rotate containers. I’m very excited about this product.
12/2/18
I’ve used this scale daily and would buy 10 just to make sure I never have to do without it! As I said before we’ve used a variety of scales but have yet to find one THIS GOOD! It’s consistent, I’ll weigh something multiple times just to see if I get something different each time but it’s always the same as the first. You cannot go wrong with this scale (unless you get a lemon?) I STRONGLY RECOMMEND this item.

Overall: 5 Stars
Good: Form factor, price, easy to read, easy to use, looks clean, able to measure small amounts (0.1 oz increments), easy to change between units, auto off, finger on zero button does not change zero, easy change battery.
Bad: Uses coin batteries rather than AAA so will be more expensive to replace, but I decided it was worth it for the slim profile before I purchased.
Unknown: Durability, lifespan, battery life, etc (Only had it several days)
See pictures for size. Ignore the wrap as I was using it when I took the pictures.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • THE RIGHT CHOICE: You've found an inexpensive everyday food scale without compromise.
  • THE FEATURES YOU NEED: Food scale with 1g resolution, 11lb capacity, easy to read.
  • BACKED BY REAL SUPPORT: The friendly team at our St. Louis headquarters is here for whatever you need.
  • MADE THE RIGHT WAY: Your food scale purchase should have a positive impact on all the people involved.
  • PAY IT FORWARD: A piece of your purchase helps the Global Orphan Project care for children in need.

Description

Digital Food Scale Digital Weight, Grams and Ounces by Greater Goods



This scale does what it is designed to do 😊 pretty easy and basic to use. It has several measurements to choose from and you can put a container on it - and then zero it out so you can put food in the container and only read the food.

The only con I would add (this is why it’s 4 Star vs 5) is that it feels pretty cheap. It’s extremely light weight and feels easily breakable. I’m not sure how it will hold up over time. If you are looking for something pretty, and high quality this probably wouldn’t be your choice.

Overall, it works as it should. I love having it. At the price point 😊 I would say get it if you just want something basic and practical.

I LOVE this scale. Amazon recommended it. I almost purchased a different one, I'm so glad I chose this one. It is so slim, lightweight compact! It's easy to store and easy to use. I can choose between lbs and oz, grams, and even fluid oz and ml. It's easy to zero out the container weight with the press of one button. Measurements have been accurate: I just weighed parsley leaf by leaf. I only had one (hopefully minor) concern: it came with a battery, which was awesome, but the scale is already telling me it's almost dead, and after only a few hours. I'm not certain what the issue there is. I will replace it. If the second one runs down quickly, I might return/exchange it. I will update the review accordingly. Otherwise, it's awesome! These scales have come a long way. The last one I owned was a behemoth, it weighed 5lbs, took up Aton of counter space, was less sensitive and analog. I am so satisfied with this purchase!

I purchased it to use in conjunction with a cookbook for more accurate measurements. (Love Soup by Anna Thomas).

Alternative uses: I have a micro etsy jewelry business and I might also use it to weigh parcels to calculate shipping.

Update: The battery is still working fine. I took it out, put it in a different device and replaced it with a brand new one; the battery indicator icon still showed near empty, so something is wrong with the battery indicator icon on my scale, but everything else is working great/fine. I LOVE this scale. I was cooking from a cookbook called Love Soup by Anna Thomas (which I LOVE). She supplied multiple measurements, but the only measurement given that proved to be accurate was by grams. My results are now correct using the aforementioned grams. Before, the proportions of veggies to broth were way off, and I had no idea if I was using enough fresh herbs, etc. Now everything is perfect/perfectly balanced. If you grab that cookbook you need this scale.

Very clean looking and simple design. You can't bet the price also. Very easy to clean with no moving buttons. Love the size, small enough to store a way but not to small.

For years I used a mechanical scale to weigh my food, and saw no need for an electronic one. However, I recently started counting Macro nutrients, and my nutritionist suggested I might want something with more gradients than the mechanical scale offered. This scale by Greater Goods was inexpensive, so I decided to give it a try. It is wonderfully easy to use, switching readily with the press of a button from oz to grams, and offers liquid measures of ml and fluid oz, as well. It zeroes out readily, with the press of the on/off button...far easier than fiddling around adjusting the screw on a mechanical scale. It cleans with the wipe of a cloth or a run under the faucet. Other reviewers have complained about short battery life: mine came with a spare battery but I have not had to replace the original battery yet, after four weeks of using it several times a day. It appears to be accurate, as well. When I test it by re-weighing something it gives a consistent readout, and it is also consistent with my mechanical scale. It certainly does everything I could ask of a food scale!

Really like this sleek little unit Great Customer Service and they automatically activate your 5 year warranty if you follow the links in the box to the e-manual - It explains everything you may need to know.
Also for those who may have low battery issues etc they want you to call right away so they can fix your issues....
Mine has worked like a charm and I figured out how to zero out and change measurement functions intuitively.

It’s realky a super duper little scale. Glad I bought it.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment