Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Retainer Brite 96 Tablets (3 Months Supply)

Retainer Brite 96 Tablets (3 Months Supply)

Retainer Brite 96 Tablets (3 Months Supply)

Definitely the best product of its type available. In the attached picture are three sets of Invisalign trays. The one on the left is fresh out of the pouch. The other two were used for two weeks; the middle set was cleaned every morning with Retainer Brite and the one on the right was cleaned every morning with Fresh Guard.

Everything else was the same - I didn't drink anything other than clear liquids while they were in, and I (obviously) didn't eat anything. It's very clear - pun intended - which product I'll use moving forward.

I have been using the old formula. However, as my stocks were running out, I came back to Amazon and was surprised to read about the new formula and all the negative reviews against it.

I bought another brand that used the old formula as a stopgap measure. But I read later on that a key ingredient in the old formula, sodium perborate, was possibly carcinogenic, and was in fact banned for use in the EU. The new formula had supposedly removed it.

Therefore, I decided to take a chance with the new formula. Guess what? None of the negative reviews were true and the new formula cleaned my retainers just as well, if not better.

I have attached two photos that clearly show the ingredient list in both old and new formulas. (In fact, you might notice that the negative reviews that have photos do not show the ingredient list clearly at all.)

The first photo (with ©2015 DENTSPLY) is the old formula, and the second photo (with ©2018 Dentsply Sirona) is the new formula.

The key changes in the new formula from the old one are:
1. Replacement of sodium perborate with sodium percarbonate. Both are oxidising agents that have the cleaning effect of detergents like Oxiclean. However, because sodium perborate might be carcinogenic, this is a good substitute.
2. Removal of pentasodium triphosphate and tetrasodium etidronate (EDTA), which are both water softeners.
3. Addition of citric acid, which acts as both a water softener and for effervescence.
4. Addition of tetraacetylethylenediamine (TAED), which is an oxidising agent like sodium percarbonate, but more potent. It is a powerful disinfectant against bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

The new formula is clearly a better product than the old.

There was a review that claimed that the new formula's primary ingredient is sodium bicarbonate whereas the old was potassium persulfate — that is simply not true. Both ingredient lists contain both sodium bicarbonate and potassium persulfate. Read the ingredient list and ascertain it for yourself. The manufacturer was not misleading anyone, but that reviewer was.

I do not know what are the motives of these negative reviewers, but I suspect they are hired to damage the reputation of this product in favor of another brand, which sells the old and potentially carcinogenic retainer cleansing tablets.

Do yourself a favor and don't listen to those negative reviews.

I bought this product for my Invisalign trays and it has worked wonderfully to keep them CLEAR!

After watching my husband's Invisalign get this ugly yellow-ish tint from wearing them all day - every day, I decided that when I got mine, that I would take a bit better care of them.

Now anyone who has had Invisalign has been told that you need to brush, floss, and rinse after every meal, and not drink anything but [lots of] water with them. For the first tray I did exactly that, plus I would clean them 3x per day with toothpaste and a soft bristle, as well as rinsing with mouthwash twice per day. Still, after about a week, they started to get a slight yellow tint to them. So, for others with Invisalign, you're not doing anything wrong either!

I dropped my trays in Retainer Brite once, and the yellow tint was gone completely!

The trays are plastic, and plastic is very porous so naturally it will absorb things and colors. This product was able to also seep into the pores and clean them better than I could, and I would recommend it to everyone with Invisalign.

I will add though, that if you're not diligent on basic upkeep of your trays, don't expect this to make up for your slacking. My husband does half of the maintenance I do on mine, to his, but still brushes a few times a day, flosses once, and it also made his practically new again.

I've been using this product for a while now, and it has delivered as expected. I use this product on my Vivera Retainers (a clear retainer set). I have not noticed, any left over build up after cleaning my retainers. It is important to note that I make sure to brush my teeth prior to wearing my device, and brush out the retainers after removing. I also do not eat or drink anything except water while wearing them. As far as a weird smell, I have not noticed any but I do use a covered cleaning case with this product. The box states that the solution will turn clear once the device is clean but this is not true, the solution will change only to a light blue color after about 20 minutes. Afterwords I rinse my device with warm water, and brush with a toothbrush to ensure all of the product is removed. Ultimately, I think it's a great purchase to be used in maintaining your device.

As several reviewers have stated the water will not turn clear even after 30+ minutes soaking. The water remains blue. I bought this product in April 2018. The instructions clearly state once cleaning complete liquid turns from blue to clear. I’m going to contact the manufacturer tomorrow to find out if this is a defective lot.
Update 05JUN2018 - I called the company Dentsply Sirona to inquire about the use of the tablets. i was told that the formulary has changed and the water will no longer turn clear after 15-20 minutes of soaking. He wasn't sure why the instructions were not updated, but the solution still cleans the appliance as expected. I was instructed to remove my bite guard after 15-20 min even though the solutions was still blue and rise it. Hope this helps. In the meantime I would expect Dentsply Sirona will update it's instructions on the Retainer Bright Cleaning Tablets box.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Helps remove plaque & tartar
  • Kills germs & bacteria
  • Cleans & brightens
  • Keeps appliances minty fresh

Description

Retainer Brite is a highly effective removable brace cleaner that kills bacteria, preventing brace discoloration and odor that can lead to bad breath. Retainer Brite's special formula for cleaning and disinfecting removable orthodontic appliances. Used daily will keep your brace clean and fresh, works in 10 minutes removes plaque and tartar kills germs and bacteria cleans and brightens 96 cleaning tablets, eliminates retainer breath.



I've got no complaints! I've been wearing Invisaligns for the past few months, and had been soaking them in vinegar and water solution that actually worked pretty well (no, they didn't taste like vinegar afterwards!), but I just got tired of lugging a bottle of vinegar everywhere I went when I had to travel, so I bought these.

In fact, my dental hygienist had recommended them, but I (being an incredulous person) didn't listen. :I

Now, I won't go back to anything else! They clean, disinfect, and deodorize my Invisalign tray, and I can wear them for the 1 to 2 weeks without feeling like I've got a stagnant petri dish in my mouth!

I have been buying from Amazon for many years but never take the time to write a review. I admittingly looked at the reviews for this product before ordering and felt that I should return the courtesy with mine. I wear Invisalign and I first bought Fresh Guard by Efferdent from RiteAid-- it left a horrible chemical taste in my mouth even after thoroughly rinsing and I feel it didn't clean them very well. I purchased Retainer Brite and I clean my trays every morning. I'm not sure about long term use as I change my trays every 2 weeks but I can say that this is a fantastic product that keeps them clean, clear and odor free with NO chemical taste. Not to mention Retainer Brite is much cheaper than the Fresh Guard. I would absolutely recommend this to other Invisalign users.

Absolutely works. Keeps my aligners fresh for the full 3 weeks of wear time. Before I purchased this, I would soak my aligners in a hydrogen peroxide/water mixture daily. By the end of the second week, there would be build-up on the aligners no matter how much I brushed and flossed. This product leaves my aligners as clear as the first day I put them on. Just soak for 15 minutes each morning while I eat breakfast. Will purchase again when it's time to wear my retainers and I finish my treatment because I purchased the 3 month supply so it will last me awhile.

This worked well on my aligners. Even after brushing them only with water as instructed, there is usually plaque or buildup in the crevasses of the aligner. After one use though, it eliminated any buildup, and I didn't even have to brush them. I haven't used it for very long, so I don't know if long term use will damage the aligner. I'm just going to use these one a week or so and call it good.

I have been using these tablets to clean my nighttime bite guard for years and they were recommended to me by my dentist. These clean quickly and well enough that no other cleaning is necessary. I always break the tablets in half and use only half a tablet. That cleans my bite guard adequately and then one box of the bite guards last longer. Make sure to rinse your device well after washing. This is the best deal I have found on the cleaning tablets. I highly recommend these!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment