Friday, June 28, 2019

Household Essentials 122101 Small Tabletop Ironing Board with Folding Legs - Magic Rings Cover and Pad

Household Essentials 122101 Small Tabletop Ironing Board with Folding Legs - Magic Rings Cover and Pad

Household Essentials 122101 Small Tabletop Ironing Board with Folding Legs - Magic Rings Cover and Pad

I don't iron much. My husband buys those wrinkle-free, non-iron button-down shirts - which really do work! - so I only occasionally have to touch one up. Sometimes I have to iron a button-down shirt for my little boy, and every now and then my daughter does a craft project that involves some ironing. I never bother ironing sheets.

We were living with my parents, and just recently we got our own place, which meant buying our own iron and ironing board. With ironing being a relatively infrequent activity, I really didn't want to invest the money in a full-sized ironing board, and anyway, I wasn't sure where we could put one.

I stumbled upon this item on Amazon, and I love it! Our family room is carpeted, and for me, it's actually quite comfortable to set this board up directly on the carpet and sit cross-legged while ironing. Sure beats standing while ironing. With the TV on, I dare say I wouldn't even mind if I had more ironing to do.

The steel rods are very sturdy. It's super easy to unfold and "lock" into place, and the whole board feels perfectly stable while I'm ironing.

A few of the other reviews mentioned that the padding is too thin, but for my ironing purposes, it's fine. I have not noticed any marks from any underlying metal underneath the padding. But again, I really only do "light" ironing.

It does have a built-in iron rest, but I never use it. Not because it doesn't work, but because I am just in the habit of always resting the iron on its heel, which works fine for me, and I just never think to use the iron rest.

UPDATE 9/29/2014: I continue to use this ironing board for my occasional ironing needs, and it has held up beautifully. Since it's smaller than a full-sized ironing board, I've now gotten into the habit of using the built-in iron rest. It works! No complaints.

I love that it's made of metal instead of particle-board, so I never have to worry about the steam destroying the board. It also hangs up in the closet so it's very easy to get out of the way. I've never had any issues with the metal leaving any imprints on my fabrics while I'm ironing. I think that it gets a decent amount of use (sewing projects + several roommates who also use it) and I haven't noticed any wear at all.

I don't usually buy things that need ironing, but I have one or two that need touch up. This is perfect. Inexpensive yet fits on a table without harming the surface and just long enough to iron a long sleeve shirt. Folds flat and fits comfortably in any small space out of sight.

I bought this to use in my sewing room, so it wouldn't take up so my space as a big board would. It has been very convenient and useful. It's well made and padded really good. Overall, a good product.

I bought this with low expectations and only needed this for ironing a dress shirt a couple of days a week. For $20, it's a good deal and does what it is supposed to.

What keeps me from really liking it.
The top/padding is thin! Not a huge deal but the edges are a bit raised and with a dress shirt that can mean not being able to iron to the edge of the board.

The little feet on the bottom are slippery. Depending on the surface you have it on that could be a problem. I solved this by putting it on a heavy bath towel.

It's sturdy enough, but it's not something you are going to press down on much harder than the weight of the iron. You can press, just not every hard.

The rest at the end is not very useful. The position at the left end is awkward and the iron won't stand up, it would have to lay down, and the wires mean that spray bottles and the like won't stand up.

It does fold and hang ok and comes with the hook to do that.

I like it enough that I'm not going to return it, mainly cause I don't want to spend more and/or try another one to find out I don't like it much better.

Summary: does what it is supposed to for occasional use for people who don't want to spend much.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Stable steel top ironing board with cover and pad for apartments, dorms, and other small spaces
  • Board has a swivel hook feature that hangs over commercial and residential doors or on a closet rod
  • Iron smoothly with the steel legs that fold away for storage
  • 100% Cotton cover is safe for use with steam irons
  • 4.75"H x 12"W x 30"D

Description

Stay professional and sleek with perfectly pressed clothes wherever you go, courtesy of this unique ironing board by Household Essentials. With a strong steel mesh iron surface covered by 100% cotton cover and a fiber pad and steel folding legs, this board means business. And with its distinctive swivel hook, you can store it nearly anywhere: over the door, on the closet rod, or on the coat rack! This compact power punch-of-a-board is ideal for apartments, condos, office, and the boat. Wherever storage space is limited, but presentation matters, this board reigns supreme. Item #122101



I don't do a lot of ironing and live in a small apartment, so this was perfect for my needs. Easy to set up and take down and I can use it anywhere.

So this is quite a nifty ironing board. It comes with a hangar to store away in your closet, so that's a plus.
What's also nice is that if you've got a higher bed, it's quite comfortable to use.

-One negative is that it's a little short, so ironing bigger shirts and dress clothes can be done, but it requires the clothing to be moved over for the entire material to be ironed.

-Great for apartments/kids. Not so much for adults who require a longer ironing board for dress shirts and long dresses.
Ryan-

I ordered this because I am on a military base in Northern Afghanistan and the laundry service here is commonly known as the "Wash and Wad". Space was a real issue and I was fed up with wearing wrinkled clothes. Got this in and it is small enough I can use it in what little space I have, but it still is big enough to really get the job done. Coupled with the slide out iron rack I am really happy with this purchase. If space is an issue and you need an ironing board, you cant go wrong with this one!

This tabletop ironing board is exactly what I needed to save on space! I do not to a lot of ironing so I was not in need of a full size board, so this one is perfect. it folds down to fit between my washer and dryer. It works perfectly on top of my kitchen table or kitchen island. It is slip resistant so it stays in one place as I iron. It has even peaked the interest in my children wanting to learn to iron - so I naturally love this product. Well made and shipped well and quickly.

This ironing board is fantastic. It is heavy metal with holes in it (not the cheaper steel mesh sort). The way it is designed, with the legs towards the back, means that you can pull your garments much further back on the board without them bunching up.. The top is muslin though, rather than the nice grey reflective fabric (but you can probably buy that sort of cover elsewhere). The padding is thin, unfortunately. Since I was replacing a cheaper board that was the same size, I just used my old cover and padding underneath this one's. That is working fine for me.

The board folds easily to lay flat, or hand over a door. It is very sturdy. The iron rest is a nice addition.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment