Thursday, June 6, 2019

Lasko 2511 36″ Tower Fan with Remote Control - Features 3 Whisper Quiet Speeds and Built-in Timer

Lasko 2511 36″ Tower Fan with Remote Control - Features 3 Whisper Quiet Speeds and Built-in Timer

Lasko 2511 36″ Tower Fan with Remote Control - Features 3 Whisper Quiet Speeds and Built-in Timer

Living in Southern California means dealing with the katabatic winds known as the Santa Anas. Generally, they begin in the late summer and last into early fall, and - to put it mildly - they suck! Now, it's only mid-June as I write this, but within a couple weeks the temperature will start to climb into the 80°s, by the end of July we'll be in the 90°s, August & September will see us in the 100°s. Let me tell you... I. Hate. Being. Hot. Especially at night when I'm trying to sleep. As it happens, my old fan took a dump last week, which sucked but at least at least it wasn't 90-fricken-degrees outside, and I had ample time to replace it. This one was very reasonably priced ($38) and I liked that it has a remote control, my old one didn't. This fan was easy to assemble and works well. At speed level 1, it's very quiet. At level 2, it's a still-pleasant white noise. At 3, it's more noticeable, but not so much that it bothers me. Thing is, it's less powerful than my old fan. It's level 3 (highest setting) is equivalent to level 2 on the old one. Thankfully, I also own one of those big round floor fans that blow just shy of tornado-creating, so I'm prepared. Overall, this tower fan looks good and works well, I love the remote control and am glad I paid less than what I would have at Target or Home Depot. I just wish it had a better blow. Yes, feel free to finish that off with, "That's what he said."

I have this situated in my bedroom, as it tends to heat up when I'm in there (no innuendo intended). The caveat I have is that the motor seems to vary from time to time in terms of noise. Some nights it will jump right in and fill the background noise with a soft hum. Other nights, it takes a few moments to work up to operating speed, and you can slowly hear the change.

If you're looking for quiet, this fan is fine. If you're looking for silent, this isn't your best bet.

We have had this thing running all summer and it is great. Not too loud but gives me that fan sound that I need to sleep. I love all the speed and circulation options as well. It kept us nice and cool throughout the summer and can really move air around a room. My husband just took it apart to clean it and it had a LOT of dust in it so I would invest in a can of air spray to make sure it doesn't get clogged because this is a good fan that you will want to keep for years.

At first the fan made a crickety/rickity sound for about two hours. I guess it was residual plastic being scrapped off the fan blades because it went away and is quiet. It throws a powerful stream of air and I rarely have needed to put it on high in my room unless I am really trying to squeeze on using the A/C.

This fan is perfect for our screened in terrace. I wanted a fan that would help circulate the air with the ceiling fan. I love that is so quiet! It is very easy to use with multiple settings and even timers (although I doubt I will use the timers). It cools off our space perfectly (about 150sq ft) and it is very thin in width so can fit in almost any space or corner.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 3 Whisper Quiet Speeds - provide smooth consistent air flow. The unique space saver design and quiet operation make this fan ideal for a child's room bedroom, or home office.
  • Widespread Oscillation - allows you to direct airflow where you need. Turn on oscillation and the fan will gently direct air side to side, allowing the air to distribute and cool the room.
  • Built-in Timer - automatically shuts the fan off after the selected time. Choose from 1 hour to 7 hours in 1 hour increments. The LED display conveniently displays the number of hours the timer is set for.
  • Wireless Remote Control - make this fan well suited for the bedroom or home office. The remote allows you to control oscillation, fan speed, the built-in timer or turn the fan or nightlight on or off.
  • Simple Base Assembly - allows you to take the fan out of the box and assemble it in minutes. Simply connect the 2 pieces of the base to the fan, plug it in, and start enjoying a cooling breeze.

Description

Lasko’s 36″ Tower Fan with Remote Control circulates air with its smooth oscillation for consistent, cool air flow. Equipped with 3 quiet speeds, this space saver is smartly designed for any home or office

Additional features include:

  • 3 whisper quiet speeds
  • Built-in carry handle
  • Built-in 7 hour timer
  • Wireless remote control



I bought the Lasko 2554 for about $60 close to a year ago to treat myself....it's nice having a remote control to turn on/off and change settings on a fan, just a nice little luxury. This is a bit more compact and doesn't have the ION feature but I got this on sale for about $30 which makes it a lot more palatable. It fits my living room decor just fine and should for most, it's just black and gray/silver-ish. The fan on power 1 feels okay, power 2 feels best but makes moderate noise. I think on power 3 it's just too loud. The timer is nice though so you don't run the risk of having it on all night if you just wanted to cool down for say 1/2 hour, 1 hour, etc. When it oscillates, it does make some sounds but nothing unreasonable. Has a built in carry and that's really it. Takes 2 minutes to assemble outta the box.

I received my fan and I was able to put it together with no issues. I turned it on when needed amenities does it's job. I checked be on the phone and just cannot hear the family but you can feel the beautiful air. I love that it's slender, which gives me more room in my office. The remor control is also great. No need to get up to adjust the speed or to turn it off. I really like this fan.

This fan is somewhat noisy when on level 3 (highest), but i enjoy the fan noise when i sleep, it drowns out everything else. Smells kind of funny for the first few hours its on blowing air, like a plastic-y smell. Comes with remote (batts not included) Overall 8/10.

Moves a good amount of air for a small fan. I needed this fan because my apartment uses window a/c units for cooling, but there isn't one in the living room. This fan has been perfect for moving cool air from the adjacent room into the living room. My landlord offered to pay me back for this fan, but I decided to pay for it myself because I like it enough to want to keep it when I move.

Not too loud and doesn't take up a bunch of room.

Love this fan. I needed something for my room because I like having a fan on, mostly for the white noise, but also for temp control. This was super easy to put together and using it is even easier. The remote is especially useful because it’s across the room from me.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment