Friday, June 7, 2019

LUCID 12 Inch Twin Hybrid Mattress - Bamboo Charcoal and Aloe Vera Infused Memory Foam - Motion Isolating Springs - CertiPUR-US Certified

LUCID 12 Inch Twin Hybrid Mattress - Bamboo Charcoal and Aloe Vera Infused Memory Foam - Motion Isolating Springs - CertiPUR-US Certified

LUCID 12 Inch Twin Hybrid Mattress - Bamboo Charcoal and Aloe Vera Infused Memory Foam - Motion Isolating Springs - CertiPUR-US Certified

10" Queen Size;

I rarely if ever give a 5 star review but will toss one out here, reserving the right to downgrade later if this mattress doesn't hold up over time.
I wasn't sure l was willing to risk an online purchase of a mattress that I had not tried out in person so I kept putting this off but then figured the over 1000 reviews couldn't all be fake!

This is replacing a 10 year old $2000 Tempurpedic mattress which was rated as medium-firm. As a side sleeper that mattress was too firm for me, these ratings are somewhat subjective it seems but just to compare this Lucid mattress is definitely more plush and for me it is way more comfortable. It cushions very well without it taking so long to conform back to your body after moving around which was an issue with the Tempurpedic.

Fortunately I had none of the issues that the few negative reviews called out. Shipping box arrived in perfect condition, they supply a simple safety cutter tool to cut the plastic wrap which helps avoid an accidental slice on the mattress. It expanded quickly but I still gave it the recommended 48 hours to fully normalize. The initial odor was very mild and actually smelled exactly like the Tempurpedic when it was new and that dissipated within 24 hours to being not even noticeable.

Given the low cost and comfort level this one's a winner for me...time will tell though if it's going to hold up for it's expected lifetime.

We were replacing our 10 year old traditional spring mattress with pillow top and settled on this. We went to the local Mattress cartel to try out some mattresses. We like the comfort of foam but didn't care for how dead it felt compared to a traditional spring mattress. We found the hybrid mattresses tucked in the corner and it really seems like the best of both worlds.

Now, on to this mattress:

This mattress arrived as if it had come via a war zone, the box was barely holding together. Some tape on ALL of the seams would go a long way here. After I sneezed to open the box, the mattress was in good condition, thankfully they're not fragile. It arrives rolled up and you open it with their included opener which cut the plastic like a champ. Before I opened the plastic, I hefted it upstairs myself without much issue, besides the wife telling me I'm an idiot and should have waited for her. I'm not sure why, if I fell down the stairs I would have landed on this soft mattress! My one critique here is that the natural way it unrolled made the bottom of the mattress come out on top. This may be entirely random based on who at the factory rolls it, but it would be nice to have it unroll right side up.

I waited for a few weeks to make sure I gave this mattress a fair shake before I reviewed it. It's comfortable. We replaced our old mattress because I was waking up every morning with a sore back. After a couple weeks with this mattress I can safely say that this isn't an issue anymore. If you try hybrid mattress at your local cartel, the firmness seems to be equivalent to the Sealy medium firm hybrid. It's just very slightly stiff for me at 160lbs and a side sleeper but I'm not complaining at all and I'm used to it now, If I sleep on my back the firmness is just about perfect. I tend to have a sleep temperature as if I was on fire, in fact if you lit me on fire I might cool down. That said I don't find this particular mattress to retain much heat for me.

The mattress does a great job of isolating movement. I'm not sure if it's the same as a purely foam mattress but it must be pretty close. The wife tosses a lot at night and If I hooked up a generator to her while she slept, she could power the house. On the old spring mattress I would wake up a lot from her movement, but on this one I never feel it (unless I'm getting kicked in the face) and sleep much better.

Because this is a hybrid mattress, there are springs in the base layer instead of all foam. I previously mentioned that the all foam mattresses felt dead, well this mattress does give the immediate spring back we're used to. So, when we roll over at night the mattress immediately returns to support you instead of the slow rebound with pure foam. This helps during recreational activities since the mattress gives your bouncing energy back, which means less fatigue.

I love the feel and look of this mattress, it was the best feeling bed I've slept on, but the heat is unbearable. This is the first and last time I'll sleep on memory foam. I slept on it two nights and ended up waking up sweating, I even tried covering my vents and letting my room freeze and got the same result.

Update: Be careful with mattress protectors on this bed. As soon as I got the bed in I zipped it up, then days later I decided to take it off because I was ready to roll it back up and send back. The protector was the problem, my guess is it was stopping airflow causing me to bake.

I ordered this to see if it would help my back pain in the mornings. I have been sleeping on a high end traditional spring pillow top mattress for years. After three nights on the matress my morning back pain is virtually gone and I sleep through the night. I highly reccomend this mattress.

We got the 10 inch a few days ago and my only complaint is that I feel misled by all the reviews saying how soft it is. Yes there is sink and the foam is nice, but underneath the initial squish is a FIRM mattress, so keep that in mind. It's supportive and very comfortable for me as a side sleeper. We decided on the 10 inch not only because of the $70 price difference, but because my husband is a heat machine and we were worried that the two extra inches of foam might increase the heat retention in the summertime. Four nights on it so far and we haven't had a problem with heat even with our thick comforter. And there is ZERO chemical smell, I don't know what all these people are talking about.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Memory foam infused with bamboo charcoal eliminates odors and cradles your body while you sleep
  • High-quality transition foam infused with aloe vera creates a calming and relaxing sleep environment that promotes daily freshness
  • Enduring and conformable medium-plush support is provided by individually-wrapped, high-quality steel coils
  • Created to provide luxury at an affordable price, this mattress is backed by a 10-year U.S. warranty against manufacturer defects
  • Compressed, rolled, and shipped in a box for simple setup; easily fits through narrow hallways and staircases

Description

Give your sleep a clean and fresh feel with the new LUCID 12 Inch Bamboo Charcoal and Aloe Vera Hybrid Mattress. This hybrid features an individually-encased coil base made of high-gauge steel, a 1.5-inch layer of transition foam infused with aloe vera, and another 2-inch layer of memory foam infused with bamboo charcoal. These natural infusions regulate moisture and combat odors, so you wake up rejuvenated in the morning. This mattress packs all the comfort memory foam has to offer with the added support and durability of coil springs for the ultimate sleep experience. Complete with a two-tone circular knit fabric cover and protected by a 10-year U.S. warranty against manufacturer defects, this mattress is the perfect addition to any guest room or master bedroom.



 I was looking for a change in mattress because of a sore neck for several months. The chiropractor recommended a somewhat softer mattress and a contoured pillow. I tried a couple of other mattresses during this time and have been pleased by the Lucid Hybrid Mattress. Having been using it for a week now I can say that I am getting better results with this hybrid mattress than a straight gel foam mattress or the coil mattress. The combination of the contour pillow and the plush hybrid mattress clearly seems to be improving my sleep and my neck alignment. It may be very individual to my situation but I’m very pleased with my purchase and my wife likes the plush feel better than the memory foam mattress it replaced.
It came rolled in a box vacuum packed and was very compact (see the video). A helper is nice when unboxing and setting it up. It self inflates quickly once the packaging is removed, but took a day to become fully “plumped”. I opened it and left on the floor for a day before using it. LUCID 12 Inch King Hybrid Mattress - Bamboo Charcoal and Aloe Vera Infused Memory Foam - Motion Isolating Springs - CertiPUR-US Certified

I wanted to wait a week to give an accurate review of this mattress, we'll it's been a week and so far I'm very impressed! Previously we purchased our mattresses from the big box furniture stores that want to ALWAYS sell me a firm and my wife a medium soft mattress at extremely high costs. The last one we had was a Beautyrest that lasted only 5 years but cost us $1700 dollars.

After searching thru countless forums & reading numerous articles on how mattress makers are basically ripping off consumers promising better sleep, I finally decided to take the advice of a friend that suggested ordering one online. I was VERY skeptical of the whole process and didn't want to end up with nothing more than a spare bedroom piece of crap that no one wanted to sleep on. I gotta admit, I'm pretty I'm pressed with this mattress!

When they say plush, they don't mean you're sleeping on a fluffy cloud of nothing. This is a very soft to the touch mattress that if you kneel on it, you will feel your knee going into it. Now when you're laying on it, your body goes in and the memory foam basically cradles you. I didn't want a solid piece of memory foam so if you're looking for that, this one isn't for you. But what a joy this bed has been for us. The odor wasn't too off putting and have all but gone away. You just gotta give it a few days or so.

In summary, I'm so happy we finally decided to take the plunge with this bed. Time will tell how well it holds up, but for now, we couldn't be happier with the price & comfort!

I was in the market for a decently priced mattress that meets my comfort level... Now everyone knows mattress shopping is a headache especially when it comes to ordering one online. The questions starts to pile up when it comes to how's the comfort level? Medium? Medium firm? Plush? Firm?! It requires a leap of faith when ordering one online even with taking other's experience into consideration...

Well here's my input... I took a chance on this after reading other's experience with it... I researched in which one was best for me when it comes to either a full memory foam or hybrid mattress. I like the hybrid style for the breathability it might have over the fully foam one. Boy, did my bet pay off!

Being a heavier set guy (290lbs)... this hybrid is a wonder! When receiving this, it came in a nicely packed plastic bag in a box which was heavy but not heavy heavy where it's impossible to move around. The dimension of the mattress is near perfect has it filled my bed frame up pretty tightly. As soon as I started to cut the plastic cover it almost immediately decompressed itself in a matter of a minute. After a few minutes passed by it decompressed to 11.5 inches. I didn't want to sleep on the couch so I slept on it after 9 hours from opening it. I loved it versus the spring mattress that I had prior. It's definitely a new experience for me coming from spring mattresses for most of my life. It's medium firmness but when I'm laying on my back and side it's plush. I sink in at the right spots but the mattress keeps it's firmness everywhere else. The first night I slept like a baby and did NOT even move or adjust myself. I can say actually had a good night's rest. I was in fear of having a warmer experience with the memory foam but it was very neutral when it came to temperature.

After a full 48 hours with it out of the box... it settled at 11.8 inches (which is fine with me), since my spring mattress was 9". I like the look and feel of this mattress and can recommend this to anyone of my family and friends. I personally think this medium-plush mattress can handle the weight of a couple has it did for us. VERY VERY solid mattress and will probably buy another one for the other bed. I hope this helps in your decision. GREAT PRICE TOO! Thanks.

I’m pregnant and really been struggling with getting comfortable at night along with finding something that supports my back. This mattress has exceeded all of my expectations. The first night I slept on it I woke up feeling like a new person. I also tend to over heat while sleeping and haven’t had an issue since sleeping on this mattress. Overall I’m super satisfied with my purchase.

This is an exceptionally comfortable mattress. I was worried about it being too soft, given Lucid's rating of medium-plush, but this is not a medium-plush mattress as compared to how the big mattress companies rate their mattresses. The feel is similar to a Sealy cushion-firm hybrid mattress - if those weren't $2,000, I would have bought one of those. I'm very glad I saved the money.

Box was torn and pretty beat up on arrival, but the mattress roll itself was undamaged. Mattress was fully or nearly fully expanded in about 6 hours. Space constraints don't allow us to give it 48 hours, so we slept on it anyway. Chemical odor was slight, but there were enough chemicals being gassed out that my wife got a headache. I suspect the 48 hour time is due more to this than expansion of materials. I had no back or hip pain after waking up - only issue was some stiffness from not tossing and turning all night. My arm wasn't asleep from laying on it, either. Mattress temp was neutral - neither hot nor cold. It slept cooler than the 12 year old innerspring it replaced.

Highly recommended if you don't feel like paying $2,000 (minimum) at the mattress stores.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment