Sunday, July 7, 2019

AmazonBasics 1" Curtain Rod with Round Finials, 36" to 72", Black

AmazonBasics 1" Curtain Rod with Round Finials, 36" to 72", Black

AmazonBasics 1

I’ve always used Pottery Barn curtain rods and brackets and been very pleased with them, but recently moved into a new house and just couldn’t bear to spend that kind of money on rods for the whole house all at once. A quick search on Amazon and I found these rods at a 1/10th the price! They may not have the charm of a hand-hammered iron rod and finial, but they are absolutely sturdy enough and visually substantial enough to support the heaviest of drapes. I had no problem using a standard pipe cutter to customize the rod lengths for my odd-sized windows. These are a great buy!

Some reviewers complained about how cheaply it was made, that the finials are cheap plastic and poorly painted and it falls off the mounts to easy.

I found the product is cheaply made but the finials were decently made. They are made of aluminum and painted in a way they look good. Once up on the wall and with curtains on them you can't tell how cheap they are. They look good. If you want different finials , replace them with something nicer.

At full extension, you will need all of the brackets placed evenly across the rod. Make sure to use the screws on the wall brackets. Tighten those in place and the rod will not move.

The rod is a 3 piece system. The center part of the rod is smaller than the other two rods. This rod system is not a twist lock system so be careful when installing and removing the rod. It could fall apart on you. If one of those finials hit you in the face you might end up with a broken nose or missing teeth.

If you are looking for a cheap curtain rod system, these do work and I recommend them.

The rod I ordered is supposed to stretch out to 144" - I needed 142" - and the rod barely managed to stay together while putting it up, but it seems secure and able to support the lightweight curtains I've made for the window. I want to mention that the rod I was replacing was held together with screws that stripped out from stretching across this long span - the AmazonBasics rod is designed better in that it does not depend on screws that can strip out and render the rod unusable. In addition, the brackets holding up the old curtain rod were designed as a one-piece unit that were almost impossible to remove, because the part that sticks out to hold up the curtain rod is in the way of the screw (they were probably really difficult to install as well). The AmazonBasics brackets are in two pieces that allow easier installation, and are designed so that they can be removed after only loosening the screws - much better design. The curtain rod has only been up a few days, but so far I am very happy with my purchase.

Very nice and good quality. My only advice is - do not use the drywall anchors that came with it. I put them in the wall and when you put the screws in, the screws just keep turning. Very cheap pathetic anchors. I would throw those away and get your own - they are very inexpensive. But this rod is very sturdy and well made. The screws were good - just the anchors that are a problem.

Honestly, I am very pleased! I just moved into an apartment for a short while with a huge slider door & wanted to hang my curtains over it, but needed a rod that would be long enough. I didn't want to spend a fortune on an item that I wouldn't be using long term. I was not expecting it to look that great & figured it would be pretty flimsy. But as long as the length was right & it kept the curtains up I'd be content. I was pleasantly surprised with it! It looks great AND is strong!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Adjustable-length curtain rod in Black extends from 36 to 72 inches
  • 1-inch rod diameter capable of handling heavier fabrics; can hold up to 22 pounds
  • Decorative round finials on either end provide a visually balanced appearance
  • Included wall mount offers adjustable width to avoid obstructions or to provide additional space between wall and window coverings
  • Comes with mounting hardware, including screws, anchors, and installation instructions

Description

AmazonBasics brings you everyday items at a great value. An Amazon Brand.



Very good curtain rods I purchased two. My only dislike is the area where the two portion of the rods are attached together, have a small overlap and that causes the sliding of the curtain to stop and you need to push the curtain with a bit more force to be able to open the curtain. Depending on the hight of the rod from the floor it may not be a problem. I added two pictures of my concern of the rod in this review. But I still have it five stars.
Emm

For the price, these are great curtain rods. They were easy to hang and look great. These are substantial and not as skimpy looking as curtain rods we have elsewhere in the house. I comparison shopped everywhere, including on Wayfair, and liked the diameter of this rod and size of the finials best.

This rod is very sturdy and was easy to install.

Sturdy curtain rods with a lovely finish and elegant finials, we're using these to hold very heavy drapes that are over 100" long. The curtains slide well over the perfectly smooth surface.

These rods are worth the $$$! I have a huge window in my front room and decided to redo our room & we desperately needed new rods & curtains but could not find a rod in any store longer than 120" & I needed 132". Found this one, ordered it & my husband and I put this up in no time & it looks beautiful! I have 6 window panels on this rod with no problems opening or closing them. Perfect size for the grommet panels! You will not be disappointed! We also bought the matching rod for our smaller side window & they look great!!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment