Sunday, July 7, 2019

NOW Supplements, Psyllium Husk Powder, 24-Ounce

NOW Supplements, Psyllium Husk Powder, 24-Ounce

NOW Supplements, Psyllium Husk Powder, 24-Ounce

This stuff has changed my poop life forever. I take a teaspoon or two a day, usually with a little protein powder to cover up the grittiness. The other day I confidently strode into the stall 5 minutes before a meeting, knowing it would be a quick drop, 2 wipe, no smell, rock and roll situation. It never fails. I can drop the payload, clean up, and be back to fighting the forces of evil in about 3 minutes every time.

Excellent product. I use psyllium husk powder for making grain-free breads, and many psyllium powders turn the breads purple, but not this one. Only one I will use from now on. Very happy with this purchase!

This fiber supplement has changed my life. I have tried many, many supplements and have suffered from type 3 bleeding hemorrhoids for many years that have lead to severe iron deficiency anemia. Prior to undergoing surgery and having a hemorrhoidectomy i started taking this stuff twice a day; morning and night. I cannot tell you how amazing this powder really is in bulking up and softening stools. My solution for taking this is to drop the tablespoon in a big empty glass (about 16oz) and then fill that glass half full with your favorite flavored drink and the other half with cold water. Mix it up vigorously and then chug away. Before, during recovery and to this day even after my hemorrhoidectomy I will not ever skip a dose of this stuff as I have experienced the benefits taking and gone through hell without taking a good fiber supplement. This is a high quality supplement with no added sugar, flavorings etc. If you're looking for a good fiber supplement you really don't need to look any further; try this stuff as it truly works wonders.

I have been gluten-free for nearly 10 years now, due to medical necessity. One big adjustment in going gluten-free is baking. Everything is different without gluten to provide structure to doughs and batters as they rise.

I recently purchased the America's Test Kitchen gluten free cookbooks, and several of their recipes call for psyllium husk powder as a binder, either in place of or in addition to xanthan gum. Psyllium helps provide the structure needed, especially in yeast doughs. I use it in breads, pizza crusts, biscuits, and even doughnuts! It provides great texture without the gumminess often found in breads made just with xanthan gum.

This is the brand ATK recommends, so I felt safe ordering it. While a little goes a long way, it's still great to have a larger bag on hand.

love this stuff. Went to low carb pancakes. I make a weeks worth at a time. 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats (have sugar but slow release) 1/5 cup greek yogurt (high protein at 22g/serving) 6 eggs, 1.5 cups skin milk and a teaspoon of the husk powder to keep it together. I like these more than normal pancakes now and they are tons healthier.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Psyllium Husk Powder - 24 oz.
  • Serving Size: 1 Level Tablespoon (9 g)
  • Servings Per Container: 75

Description

A Dietary Supplement Psyllium is a true dietary fiber, even though it is classified by some as a laxative or mucilaginous fiber, and is a convenient way to increase intake of dietary fiber because of its high mucilage content. This bulking agent swells considerably when added to liquid, which can help to support healthy gastrointestinal transit time. This bulking action and healthy transit time can play an important role in maintaining healthy gastrointestinal function.* Soluble fiber from foods such as psyllium seed husks, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.



After suffering from diarrhea for 3-4 months, restricting my diet in all kinds of ways, a friend turned me onto this psyllium husk powder. She bakes it into apple/carrot muffins and eats one twice a day. I started with her muffins, then made my own at home. I've eaten two a day for a couple of weeks and have been as regular as the tide the whole time. I'm glad to have found this product.

This is like doing a daily cleanse but without all the pain. Amazing stuff - brought my LDL cholesterol from 139 to 86. Doctor wanted to put me on a statin but i did a tablespoon of this every evening for a couple of months and brought it down naturally. Total cholesterol is now 188, down from 239. Just do it!

I bought this to treat my 80 pound Lab because I had read that dogs suffering from colitis could normalize their bowel movements by boosting soluble fiber such as psyllium husk.
Previously he was randomly having serious diarrhea every few weeks. It was weird, he almost seems constipated and then BOOM diarrhea. It was quite a problem. I fed him twice a day so I would sprinkle 1/2 a teaspoon on the food each feeding equaling a full teaspoon per day. It's been about 3 months with no issues! The was a noticeable change in the consistency of the stool - no constipation - very consistent. I have no doubt using this as a supplement has helped him.

Anyone with diabetes 2 should use psyllium husk fiber like this every single day for at least six months without skipping dosages, and welcome a bunch of good healthy results, including no more diabetes. This will bring your cholesterol down, your blood pressure will improve and you may lose some weight if used as a diet supplement as well. Not to mention your "regularity" will surprise you every single day as how great your system works. You do have to be disciplined and of course do not do anything without talking to your doctor first! Family and friends that have done this are my proof on which I based these comments!

Never knew what this was nor even heard of it until I started the Ketogenic diet/lifestyle.
I needed to completely overhaul my dietary needs as a result of several dietary and digestive issues as well as weight problems.
I wasn't an unhealthy eater, but I wasn't a health nut either.
Anyhow. This is used in a lot of recipes that i've found I like and is a great supplement to add to recipes even if the recipe doesn't call for it.

I have not yet found this in any store local to me so ordering on Amazon is perfect. Will order again when I need more.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment