Monday, July 8, 2019

Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner - Corded

Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner - Corded

Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner - Corded

This is a fantastic machine. It has served us well for the past 2-3 years over all types of kid and animal messes. It died though so I am buying its replacement right now Oct 2016. Bissell could have made this machine more durable because there is a terrible flaw with the hose. I have attached a photo of my new machine. Notice when the handheld brush is installed in the machine for storage, the hose becomes very bent and kinks right at the point where it goes into the plastic tool. This kink is where the hose will wear out and crack over time. The crack began small but grew quickly. Attached is a picture of my current Bissell with hose break. Bissell should have designed the holder to put less stress on this area, but since they haven't you should do as I am going to do and DO NOT PUT THE HANDHELD BRUSH IN THE HOLDER EVER! To avoid this kink problem I affixed two wire ties to the handheld brush that allow me to still hold the tool for storage. One wire tie is taunt and the other is loose and hooks over the lever of the machine, a picture of this is attached.

Again, great machine overall. One final note, don't bother with the Bissell SpotBot handsfree machines that you sit on a stain and their circular brush agitates the carpet automatically for you for like 5 minutes. You end up with a "circle" on your carpet where the stain was that you have to "blend in" using the hand tool so they disappear into the larger area rug. I lived with one of those machines too long. Your much better off doing all the work carefully by hand with the SpotClean Professional.

I have five dogs, two of them are puppies so I really needed something that could clean pet accidents off my light carpet. I have tried every cleaner out there. The full size carpet cleaners are big and take too long for small accidents so I thought I would try this. I LOVE this thing. It gets out all pet stains with ease. I just had to include the before and after photos from when my puppy when diarrhea on the carpet. First I picked up what I could with a wet wipe which left an even bigger mess. Then I used the Bissell on it. Stain is GONE.

Ever since hand held rug cleaners were put on the market I believed I've always had one, and this one by far is the best I have yet owned! Let me get straight to the point of my header because that's why you're reading this review!

It's been my experience that it doesn't matter what make or model portable rug/upholstery cleaners in in terms of your hose & nozzle head getting clogged. Especially I f you own pets, fur is going to jam it up every time. It also doesn't matter If you are cleaning a runner or a large area rug. It's just the nature of the beast. Nozzle heads usually don't need replacing but they get gross & I've tried everything to clean them. Then often you will find that if you can find a hose that the manufacturer hasn't discontinued, good for you! If not, it is expensive. I figured this tip out years ago when my husband & I could not even afford a hose. We took the whole machine apart. Not only was the base of the hose clogged with fur & other gunk, it extended far into the interior. So, if you think replacing the hose will completely solve your problem, think again. We then of course killed the machine!

So far, for over at least ten years this has been MY full proof method. Before you begin cleaning, fill a bucket with tap water, cold or hot. If you don't have the strength to carry that like me, just fill it 1/4 of the way & refill 1/4 of the way & add water when needed. As you are cleaning, every 5 minutes are so, put the nozzle into the bucket of water and make sure it is running freely through the hose. If it's not, keep pumping water through until it does. After you clean your rug, do it once more. This little bit of upkeep will save you money and a ton of frustration.

As to this Bissel, many of you probably don't understand why others rave about the solution tank having a flat bottom. Once you've had flat, you never go back! This machine has great suction. Don't stop passing over the area once you no longer see the foam, that's when you will really see the dirt come up! It's design makes it very compact which makes it easy to store and pleasant to look at! One last tip. I purchased the kit for pets. Because of what they track inside, I use both pretreatment solutions. I have been using about 1/3 of the recommended amount of shampoo. By using all 3, your rug will definitely get clean & definitely save you a lot of time sucking up foam. For such messes, I recommend hot water for both the tank & the bucket for obvious reasons!

I highly recommend this Bissel SpotClean for upholstery and small to medium rugs!

I NEVER write reviews. However, this needs one. I bought this because my dog decided to pee all over my old bedroom with a white rug. I tried cleaning it three months ago with a scrub brush, warm water and a little carpet cleaner. Obviously it didn't work and stained. Randomly, I bought this BISSEL two nights ago to avoid this happening again...and it actually got up all the old stains from months ago! I am so shocked. Check out my pictures.

This is definitely a great machines for animal owners, or clumsy people just spill here and there

Incredibly stunned by the quality of cleaning this machine does. I purchased this to remove stains from a heavily used sectional, pet stains, odor and normal wear and tear. The instructions were easy to follow from set up, and use start to finish. It came with a small bottle of professional cleaning solution to be added into the water. It was able to penetrate the stains, remove them, and leave a fresh smell. The machine itself is relatively light weight which made it easy to move from one spot to another. Other reviews mention problems with the hose, I cannot comment on that since I just received it and this was it's first use. All I can say is for the money it did a great job. For the price of having a company shampoo my furniture, I bought a spot clean stain remover which I am very much so impressed with. The job it did and the multiple uses it will provide within my home made it wdll worth the money.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Professional Spot Cleaner removes tough spots and stains from carpet, stairs, upholstery and more
  • 5 flex hose helps to clean spots and stains in hard to reach areas including stairs, upholstery, and area rugs
  • Includes 6 stair tool, 3 tough stain tool and 8oz Professional Deep Cleaning formula
  • Long reach 22 power cord. Hose Length is 5 inches, Power Rating: 5.7 amps. Tank Capacity : 3/4 gallon
  • 2 year limited warranty.Weight:13.2 lbs

Description

Do not pick up flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, etc.) or use in the presence of explosive liquids or vapor



One day while pregnant with our third son and obviously not thinking clearly I purchased a cream colored rocking chair for the living room. All I have to say is thank goodness one day I also purchased this little Bissell spot cleaner. Nothing on this planet is a real match for 3 boys, 4 pets and a husband but this little machine is close. One day it erased all evidence of the dried up bright purple berry yogurt I found on the cream colored ottoman. In my pictures I actually cleaned the dirty side of my cushion first which had soda dumped on it tonight but it was time for a scrub anyway. I've also used this spot cleaner on our old microfiber furniture and what little carpet we have left in the house and I've been pleased with the outcome. The dirty water it sucks out of your carpets and furniture is insane. I would totally buy this again and highly recommend it to friends....a cream chair not so much.

I own a cat. If you own a cat, then you probably need one of these. I previously had a full upright carpet cleaner but it just didn't do the job needed to get out cat accidents that the spot cleaner can. It will prevent you from killing your cat. Cat's everywhere love the Bissell SpotClean. Just don't use directly on cat as the product was not intended for that. Carpets only. The hose and brush attachment really let you scrub deep and is only limited by your own muscle power. So if you buy this for your elderly mom, you may be using it for her also. But for everybody else, it's great. And for studio apartment dwellers, it comes with the added feature of not taking up as much space as an upright. Put it on the top shelf thing your futon closet that you're using for a giant junk storage. You know who you are. It's totally fine with that and doesn't mind sharing space with the cassettes and CDs you haven't listened to since 1991.

This is absolutely amazing for cleaning upholstery and car interiors. It also makes short work of carpet stains. When you turn it on, the vaccum starts up, you hit the trigger when you want to spray water. You then scrub the brush on the carpet as the vacuum sucks up the dirty water.

I bought this mostly for cleaning my sectional couch, which my 2 dogs and 3 cats sleep on for much of the day. I have used many carpet cleaners like this but none have been so effective and so quick.

With my other machines it would take several hours to clean my sectional. With this machine it takes a little over an hour, but the couch is much cleaner. This machine also removes far more water from the couch allowing it to dry in a few hours, other machines have taken a full day to dry after I clean the couch.

This machine sprays a lot of water, which is why it is so effective. So the tank does need to be refilled rather often. This also can be an issue when cleaning upholstery, it sprays so much that when you use it on rounded sections of a couch it can soak the floor or wall around the couch. This is easily cleaned up by just sucking the water up with the machine, but it is something to consider.

The only other downside that I see with this machine is the hose length. In order to clean the top of my couch, I must put the machine on the couch itself. I wish it was long enough to clean the entire couch while leaving it on the floor.

Overall I am extremely happy with this purchase.

So here's my story. My 9 year-old daughter conned my wife and I into getting her ferrets. Yes, two ferrets, because one by itself is a bad idea and it will be lonely. So we now have two, high-power, high-output pooping machines. These things are epic. I estimate they put out approximately 100% of their body weight in poop each day - by nine am.

It became very quickly apparent that ferrets are not as quick to potty train as, say - a dog. Or any other domesticated animal. That's because they aren't domesticated animals. They are weasels. No, really, that's what they are. Cute weasels. That poop. All. The. Time. They aren't keen to use their litter boxes, either.

Where was I? Oh yeah... I realized that I needed to order a new spot cleaner, and fast! This is not my first spot cleaner rodeo. I've had the Bissell Little Green machines and various other iterations and versions and brands and models.

Bissell has gotten it right with this one. When I did my research, the Bissel had an average rating of 4.2, while the next brand had 4.0 and the other brand had 3.8. There really were only three serious contenders in the reviews. While it might seem simple to take the 4.2 rating and run with it, I read the reviews carefully to make sure it was the right one.

It was... this is an outstanding carpet cleaner in every way. It is easy to fill and refill. It is easy to clean and empty - much easier than earlier versions. It is very well-designed. Bissell has taken 20 years of experimenting on us with their green machines and spot cleaners and finally nailed it. I rate it five stars, not 4.2. It is exceptional.

The handles work the way you would expect them to work. The cord is long and easy to take off and re-wrap, the machine is not unreasonably loud and perhaps most important of all, it REALLY cleans your carpet well.

The ONE THING I would caution you, is that most people use WAY TOO MUCH cleaner. It is human nature, we think a little more will be better. But with carpet cleaner, it isn't. You just end up leaving residue behind and that attracts dirt and gets the carpet dirty faster. Go with the recommended amount of cleaner.

This is the machine to get, whether you have ferrets, kids, dogs, mud or whatever staining your carpets. You won't be sorry.

So I'm knocking off a star for the poor design when cleaning the machine out. I was VERY happy with how well the worked. We foster animals and have currently got about 12 cats and dogs in the house, a LOT of dirt and mud and poop and pee get left everywhere, and even though I vacuum and mop and sweep until I'm crazy the carpets STILL looked awful. Normally I rent one of the big cleaners every few months and use that and it works great and looks and smells good, but I wanted something to use around the house on a more frequent basis. So after looking around I decided on this! It works BEAUTIFULLY to get stains and dirt out! However-the crazy design of the hose into the tank actually causes hair to wedge in there. Now I vacuumed twice before I started the spot cleaner, we go through enough vacuum bags to know by now that there is A LOT of hair everywhere and I wanted to get the best results. This did get really good results but it was frustrating because halfway through, even with rinsing and dumping and cleaning it out, it still clogged. So we had to pull the hose apart and sure enough, inside the hose is a spot where there's a little ledge where the soap dispenser line goes to and it's enough of A bump that hair and carpet fiber got caught there and blocked it up. So it did a great job overall, but if you do have lots of creatures and messy people in your home just be aware that if you do the troubleshooting and it's STILL not working there's a good chance it's a clog in the hose

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment