Friday, July 12, 2019

BLACK+DECKER Classic Steam Iron, F67E

BLACK+DECKER Classic Steam Iron, F67E

BLACK+DECKER Classic Steam Iron, F67E

This is like the iron my Grandma and Mother used (I'm nearly 60) and no wonder. It's EXACTLY what an iron should be. Heavy (just nicely balanced in the hand); hot, quick-to-heat, completely reliable and adjustable with ONE easy-to-see dial/lever; CLEAR temperature/fabric-types indicated right where you can see them; ONE hole for pouring in filtered/distilled water; ONE simple 'steam-on/off' button easily accessible right where your thumb is on the handle. 'Feels like you're in a professional laundry; I bought a cable-caddy/holder which keeps the cable up/off the fabric and this is VERY helpful... shoulda had one years ago. Makes it a breeze. Do NOT be put off thinking this looks old-fashioned, it IS, and that's a GOOD thing. Seriously; NO-one could find ANYthing to complain about with this beauty.

To be completely honest, I'm a little surprised at myself for having strong enough feelings (positive or negative) about an iron to write a review. But, alas, here I am.

Very simply, this is the best iron I have ever used. As a male that does not plan ahead well, I tend to iron my clothes on an ad hoc basis, and this iron makes that chore as easy and quick as possible.

Pros:

1. This iron is heavy, even before you fill the reservoir with water. A heavy iron is a good iron. The cheap plastic irons don't work well for a reason; they aren't heavy enough to actually press the wrinkles out of clothes.

2. This iron heats very quickly. When you're ironing a shirt in the morning trying to get ready for work, speed is key. This iron does not disappoint.

3. This iron is inexpensive. The price was the same as the aforementioned cheap plastic irons, but is pretty much better in every way.

4. This iron has simple controls. Kind of a like a blender with an on and off switch, this iron has all of the controls that you need for functionality and no more.

Cons:

None.

This is my fourth iron in my attempt to replace my broken one that worked beautifully for over 10 years. Finally we have a winner! The first one I bought was just too heavy and then the other two weighed less but delivered much less quality. This is the perfect blend of what I need and wanted. It doesn't hurt my wrist when I'm lifting it and it heats well. It made quick work of my blouses and pillowcases and I think the cotton pillowcases are what gave it the real test. Not a bit of problem though. It is simple to use and delivers the service I was looking for. Totally pleased. Oh, another huge plus is that I saw this exact iron at a dept. store for $45 on sale!

This iron is a workhorse for sure! I've had it for less than a month, but it is a marked improvement over the half-broken iron I've been using the past 6 years. I have yet to utilize the steam feature, since it's done an excellent job ironing dry nearly every day I've used it. It heats up quickly and evenly. I do feel it's going to be a matter of time before I burn myself on it, though, since so much of it is hot metal. It's got a good heft to it, and it's easy to use. I hope it lasts me many years!

The gold standard for irons at a great price. This retro iron is nice and heavy, built to withstand slips and drops and feels good in the hand. When I saw it was available I jumped on it because it looks exactly like the one my family used 50 years ago, and those irons lasted forever. This one is solid, simple to use and seems very durable. The excellent price was icing on the cake, I would have paid much more for it, based on my past good experiences.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Easy Glide - The aluminum soleplate is built to last, with a smooth, nonstick finish that glides over all fabric types to quickly remove wrinkles A special groove near the tip of the soleplate lets you navigate easily around buttons and collars
  • Steam or Dry Ironing - Switch on the steam setting to help iron out tough wrinkles, or turn it off when dry ironing delicate fabrics
  • Anti-Drip - The iron is engineered to prevent dripping by closely regulating water temperatures. 7 Temperature Settings - The intuitive temperature dial and fabric guide make it easy to get the perfect heat setting based on fabric type Plus, the dedicated "OFF" button provides convenient peace of mind
  • Automatic Shutoff - For added peace of mind, the iron shuts off when left unattended for 30 seconds on its side or soleplate, and after 8 minutes on the heel rest Plus, a power indicator light tells you when the iron is plugged in
  • Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User Manual

Description

BLACK+DECKER brings simplicity and style back to ironing with the Classic Steam Iron. Families have relied on this iron design for generations, and while the look is retro, the features are modern to give you fast, effective garment care. The handy fabric guide printed right on the iron makes it simple to select the proper setting for each garment. The durable aluminum soleplate glides smoothly over all types of fabrics to smooth out wrinkles in no time. Plus, you can switch on the steam to help iron away tough creases and wrinkles, or turn off steam to dry iron delicate fabrics such as silk. A long history of dependable performance makes BLACK+DECKER the trusted name in clothes irons.



I have had one of these for years and it wasn't until I dropped it on the handle did I ever have a problem. The reason I had to get a new one was the temperature setting. When I dropped it, some of the plastic broke off and the dial fell out. The other pieces of the dial were loose and I was worried I wouldn't be able to set the temperature right. I love the automatic shut off. When I bought the old one, I was concerned the auto shut off would fail or cause more problems but it has never failed. I also love that it weighs a little more than the plastic ones so I don't have to press down as hard. The professional irons I have tried in a costume shop have a similar heft to them.

Love my new iron. As other reviewers have said, it’s heavy and gets pretty hot (like the “old school irons”). My only gripe so far is that the steam function produces a lot of steam on the Cotton setting, and therefore uses a lot of water. With my old plastic iron (may it Rest In Peace) I only found myself refilling the water once every 1-2 weeks because I didn’t iron a lot and it didn’t produce much steam. With this black and decker I refill every time I use because the water seems to disappear each time. Also, it doesn't get my clothes as crisp when there is no water in the reservoir. Again, it doesn’t bother me much, but just thought I would mention. I don’t see myself going back to cheap plastic irons anytime soon and I am happy overall with the purchase. For the price point I think it’s the best.

Well, it's like this ... I bought the iron just about a year ago. I loved it. I used it a lot.
But ... it's started to leak and it's driving me crazy! I do theatre costumes and the leak can damage some of the fabrics. So ... do I contact the manufacturer and complain or just buy another?
Bottom line ... I'll buy another. I liked it far better than the last one I had, which cost three times as much and didn't work worth a damn.

This is the best iron that I've ever used. I'm on my second one and both models haven't let me down. In today's overly complicated world we don't want something as ordinary as a laundry iron to be a piece of high technology that is going to require reading some manual to operate properly. Plug it in, turn the heat setting up to high and iron your cloths. That's it. Here are a few particulars worth noting:

1) It is heavy so you don't have expend any effort pressing down in order to get the wrinkles out of your shirts.
2) The aluminum soleplate slides easily enough. You don't need the Teflon coating found on other irons. It really takes hardly any effort at all to move the iron over the surface of your clothes.
3) I don't use the steam feature because tap water will eventually clog up the vents on any iron. Special water? How ridiculous is that? Do what I did and get yourself a cheap plastic spray bottle. Lay your linen pants on the board, gently mist and then iron it flat like your grandmother did. Trust me, this will extend the life of your iron considerably.
4) The top setting gets the iron hot-Hot-HOT! I live where summers are miserable and humid. Hence, I wear a lot of 100% linen clothes. I need the iron to be scorching hot.
5) As previously mentioned on other reviews you get 8 minutes with the iron sitting on its heel before it will turn itself off. Annoying yes but at least you won't burn your house down should you forget to unplug the thing. As for all those reviewers complaining because the iron quickly turns itself off when left face down - why would you do that in the first place?
6) The Black & Decker classic iron used to be made in the USA. The one I got was made in China.

Had a very vintage GE version of this. This is exactly same, essentially remaking the vintage model into a solid piece. So far so good! Does have a habit of leaking a bit on steam function, not sure if I am the best person to use an iron anyway <full disclosure>. However, it's a solid piece, and I can imagine owning it for a very long time. Thank you B&D!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment