Saturday, July 20, 2019

Honeywell HAC-504 Series Humidifier Replacement Filter A

Honeywell HAC-504 Series Humidifier Replacement Filter A

Honeywell HAC-504 Series Humidifier Replacement Filter A

These are great. I am coming back to add to my subscribe and save so I don't run out. I like to replace once a month whether there is any sign of mold or mildew or not- because we have mold allergies in my household. Some reviewers complain that the filter is short- but I am using in my Honeywell HCM350W germfree humidifiers and they fit perfectly. I have purchased other filter products (that claimed to be compatible) that have been too tall and have gotten smushed under the top/fan portion of the humidifier, making me worry about having good airflow. Some- I've even had to cut, as they would not fit at all. So these HAC-504 filters being the perfect size- are a welcome change. I am TERRIBLE at remembering to clean and maintain this kind of thing, I think you're supposed to flip the filter upside-down daily, and clean/dry the humidifier weekly. I probably remember to do it once a season, giving it a quick rinse when I change the filter- and I've not had any issues. This is my 3rd year using the Honeywell 'germfree' humidifier- it's not worth it to me to get the cheaper ones when they don't even make it to the end of the winter or if they require a complicated maintenance routine. I'd highly recommend that humidifier, and will continue using this specific filter in it as long as it is being offered.

Not as thick as the original Honeywell "filter" (I think it is actually a "wick") that I used for two months without any mold/algae growth. Although thinner, this filter still seemed to work as well to humidify, but I did notice a few small dark brown specks on the filter after six weeks, however these did not grow like mold. I did use Protec cleaning balls along with the filter; these are supposed to work for thirty days. Both the original and the replacement filter accumulated a light brown crust on top and bottom from mineral deposits that are naturally left behind as the water evaporates. I flip the filter daily and clean the humidifier with vinegar weekly. I think filters of this type are supposed to be replaced every month or two. The reviews are confusing because there are obviously many different filters being compared under this one brand. I guess what you get depends on when you order this "Honeywell" filter.

Update: I have used these through two seasons in different residences with no mold or problems. I would not hesitate to order again.

Filter was slightly high for HAC-504 Honeywell replacement, but once it was wet, it went down a little and I could use it without an issue. I DO like that these filters are thicker than the Honeywell brand replacement, that they do NOT have the blue air wash layer that keeps it from putting out as much moisture, and that it has a thin wire support on the outside that keeps it from caving in on itself. Best replacement filter I've found.

I've tried a few filters for my Honeywell HCM-350 Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier. This is easily the most durable and long lasting. I can get about 2 months of consecutive use out of it during winter months. Other filters fall apart within a month, possibly due to my township's water.

The smell: I, too, noticed a smell for a few days when using these filters. The trick is to rinse it in cold water for about 30 seconds before use. If you have the HCM-350, place the dry filter in the base and rinse them both under the bath faucet. This will help prevent tears and minimize handling the filter.

Rinsing first has made all the difference.

The humidifier exceeded my expectations. It's quiet, and easy to clean (even easier to set up). Nice strong cool mist comes out which really helps in these dry winter months. The brochure was a little vague about how often to clean (daily or weekly) compared to a Homedics one I purchased also. But I called the Honeywell Customer Service line. They picked up immediately in like 30 secs, were very friendly and helpful. Especially compared to the Homedics hot line which kept me on hold for 42 minutes. I ended up hanging up and emailing them. Homedics took over 2 weeks to reply to my email then didn't even answer my question properly. I also found out on their website that they've had some products recall. So do yourself a favor and go with Honeywell! Honeywell's product is superior against bacteria growth too by the way it's designed - you only have to clean it weekly vs daily with Homedics.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • HUMIDIFIER REPLACEMENT FILTER: Filter A works with evaporative Honeywell humidifiers in the HCM-350/HEV355, HCM-710 & HCM-315/HEV312 model series. Wicking filters capture minerals & pollutants in the water in your humidifier & helps prevent white dust
  • HONEYWELL FILTERS: Genuine Honeywell replacement wicking filters use a patented antimicrobial that helps inhibit 99.99% of growth & migration of mold, algae & bacterial on the filter. Use these filters, designed to fit our humidifiers, for best results
  • HONEYWELL HUMIDIFIERS: Humidity levels in your home between 40-60% can make the air feel warmer & improve your breathing comfort, sleeping, nasal congestion & dry skin. Dry air can cause static electricity, damage wooden furniture & irritate health issues
  • HUMIDIFIERS FOR BABIES, CHILDREN, ADULTS: Humidifiers diffuse moisture into the air, and many find that a humidifier for the home, bedroom or nursery becomes an essential part of a good nights sleep when the air is dry, in allergy season, or when sick
  • HONEYWELL QUALITY: Improve your home comfort with Honeywell humidifiers, heaters and air cleaners. Choose genuine Honeywell filters over Filter Buy, Fette Filter and Best Air

Description

For use with cool moisture evaporative humidifiers. Honeywell replacement filters are designed specifically for Honeywell humidifiers to optimize performance and output. For best results, use only genuine Honeywell replacement filters.



I bought these replacement filters for Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier, White. While they do seem to perform the same job, there are some differences with the OEM filter that came with the humidifier:

1. The replacement filters are slightly larger, so some manipulation is required to get the filter seated and the cover on. A mild annoyance.

2. The replacement filters are not as stiff, so are a bit "floppier". Not necessarily a problem, but just another indication that the replacement filters aren't identical to the OEM filters.

Some reviewers complain about mold issues. I flip the filter end-over-end each night before using the humidifier, and I don't let it dry out. I've not seen any problems with mold. I replace the filters only when enough mineral deposits have collected on them to affect performance.

I just received this filter. I have a Honeywell Quiet Care humidifier (with the UV light) that's for large rooms. At first I was disappointed that the filter wasn't a Honeywell brand filter (see picture), however I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it. Though still thin, like the god awful crappy Honeywell Type A filters without the blue covering, it was sturdy and felt like a quality filter (like the original one I received when I bought my humidifier). It has a white covering similar to the thick, sturdy, blue covered Honeywell Type A filters (that seem to be available only through telephone order) and after I soaked it and placed it into my freshly cleaned humidifier, it was also sturdy and didn't threaten to collapse like the typical flimsy and thin Type A filters. What's more is my humidifier is running so efficiently! It hasn't run like that since I had to start using those crappy thin filters after my original filter needed replaced. Very happy with my purchase!

This, by far, is the BEST Honeywell humidifier filter made. The wire mesh outside the filter holds it together while those without the mesh tend to collapse (or "droop") to some degree when wet. I have made repeat purchases from this company since I use three humidifiers in my home (Note: raising the humidity in your home, especially in the winter, is very effective for ezcema and dry skin). To clean these, soak them in a 100% solution of white vinegar for 24 hours. I use a small bucket and literally submerge the filter in pure vinegar for an entire day. Then rinse thoroughly and air dry.

This product is far better than the filter that comes packaged with the Honeywell humidifier. In my opinion, this is the ONLY filter you should buy if you have the humidifier it's designed for. I tried three different filters before I settled on this one. Highly recommended.

The product I received did not exactly match the one photographed. It has a white filter material around the outside, which I assume is to filter out dust and debris. It doesn't seem to affect the performance of the wick, and hopefully adds some benefit to cleaning the air. There is a clear performance drop after the first couple days. I'm not sure if this can be contributed to environmental factors, but during the first few days of use, the humidifier (always on) went through an entire reservoir of water. In subsequent days the reservoir has lasted approximately a day and a half. I will update this review when the wick needs to be replaced.

After using 1st filter which came with the humidifier for a few months, the 1st one became very crispy and brown, started odor so I bought it.
New one is slightly bigger in diameter then the original one, but very soft and easy to breath though the filter.
yes it's different, it emit a lot more moisture in the air than the old one. like brand new.

the filter life maybe depends on water quality, my place it maybe for 2 month or only a little less. $12 for a couple of month, not too bad.
just maybe not good for environment to throw it away such frequently.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment